Mercure London Bridge
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Pool
  • Pool
2,138 results
All reviewsborough marketprivilege roomglobe theatresouth banksouthwark tubetate modernnespresso machinest paulscovent gardenminute walkreception deskreception areamini barsuperior roomjubilee linecomfortable hotellondon eye
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 2 July 2012

i was back at Mercure after a long time but i didnt find it same as it was :( for ex. bed wasnt confortable i dont know why maybe the topper or matress protector because the bed must be the same and the service during the night : i ask for one set of towell at reception but no one came to bring it :(
anyway still love Mercure so i will be back soon, hope i will find it again as good as it was!

Room Tip: the priviledge room are better then clasic, worth the money
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank emy1983

Dear guest,
I’m so sorry that you were disappointed by your experience saying with us this time.
I appreciate the feedback and rest assured that we take all comments very seriously. We are looking into the matter, and will take necessary actions to correct the issue raised.

Reviewed 2 July 2012

We enjoyed our two nights in the Mercure Southwark hotel a lot. The room was spacious (which isn't always the case when staying in London hotels), the beds comfortable. We had a quiet room at the back of the building. Although there were still renovation works going on, we didn't notice anything about it (no noise at all). The room was clean and had everything we needed. Just one remark: instead of turning the airconditioning one, why not provide sheets or thinner duvets? That would save energy and a headache in the morning (because of the continuous cold air). The staff was helpful - provided us with correct information. We didn't have breakfast in the hotel as there are plenty of restaurants/caffes in the area. The hotel is in between Southwark and London Bridge tube station which makes it easy to visit other places in London + close to one of my favourite museums, Tate Modern :-) I'd definitely recommend this hotel, the best London hotel I stayed in so far.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with friends
Management response:Responded 9 July 2012

Many thanks for the review.
We always welcome feedback and my team and I are glad that you enjoyed your stay with us at Mercure London Bridge Hotel.
I hope we can be part of your future travel plans.

Reviewed 30 June 2012

We stayed here for NYE and enjoyed our stay so opted to use the hotel again. We spent two nights in the hotel and paid extra for a "privilege" room as it was not much more than a standard room. I did email the hotel as we stayed on the 7th floor for NYE and the room had a balcony - as it was my partners birthday we would have liked to have a similar room, but I believe the lift to the 7th floor was out of order and so we had a room on the 6th floor facing the main road.

The room was very spacious with a huge bed, mini bar, safe, ironing board with full size iron, flat screen tv, nespresso machine, and plenty of storage space. The room was very clean and well maintained and with the secondary double glazing you could not hear any road noise from outside. Infact, the rooms are very quiet, we certainally didn't hear any noise from other rooms or in the corridor and the bed is extremely comfortable.

The hotel location is excellent, a short walk to most places, with a few nice restaurants immediately outside. So, why only the 4 points this time when last time I had given it 5? Two reasons, on both evenings we came back relatively early to find the bar closed on both evenings, the second even had a few residents still having drinks in the bar. The Holiday Inn just up the road we walked past was still open and we would have liked a drink or two before heading to the room.

The second reason is that on our last morning we were getting dressed when the door suddenly opened. It was the maid. There was no knock on the door to warn us, the door just opened. She did apologise but we were surprised she did not knock the door first.

Overall it was another enjoyable stay in the hotel, the other staff were very good and reception kindly looked after our bags while we went out and made the most of our last few hours in London. Yes we would use the hotel again if we were visiting London.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank GaryH_UK
Reviewed 25 June 2012

We stayed here last week for 3 nights & had a double room, on the small size, but comfortable & quiet with a delicious buffet breakfast every morning. However, as we are very dependent on WiFi we were dismayed to learn that we had to pay 20 pounds EXTRA to have it in the room, despite the fact that their web site said " there is internet access in each bedroom. Every room also offers a TV with satellite channels." The problem was that after paying extra, the Orange WiFi barely worked & I had to constantly call the desk for help. Also, dismayed that there was a hefty charge for every local call we made on the room phone - 8 pounds for a few calls. Meanwhile, one of our friends was staying nearby at ibis Styles, paying half of our room price with free breakfast, free WiFi in the room & free local calls.

If they update their system we might consider staying here again & recommending it to friends..

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank ResEs
Management response:Responded 9 July 2012

Apologies for not living up to your expectations.
We’ll look into things, and I hope we can welcome you back to Mercure London Bridge Hotel some time in the future.

Reviewed 19 June 2012

We had a double room and it was a bit small. The air-conditioning was a bit too noisy to have some quality sleep. There were coffee making facilities, nice oat biscuits to go with your coffee and comes with a fridge which is always a plus for me. Rooms do not have free wi-fi, which was only available in the lobby.
The hotel has a gym which is good for fitness fanatics as it is accessible 24 hours. Breakfast is awesome! Bacon from the buffet spread was very good and you could also order ala carte from the menu as well.
The reception staff were very helpful and friendly and I may consider staying here if I visit London again.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank MiniBigMama
Management response:Responded 9 July 2012

I’m very grateful that you could take time to leave us your thoughts and write a review. I’m so pleased you enjoyed your stay with us, and we hope to see you again in the very near future. Alos please accept our apologies for not living up to your expectations, in relation to the noisy air con. We’ll look into things, and I hope we can welcome you back to Mercure London Bridge Hotel.