We were in London for 2 days of sightseeing and found this hotel to be a fantastic location for getting to the major tourist attractions. We were in walking distance of the Shard (which we would fully recommend doing-the views are incredible!) and also to Bankside, which has a great choice of restaurants and pubs; we chose to eat at Zizzis.
Upon our arrival a member of staff came over to check us in using the hotel's new tablet system, which was a very efficient process. Our room was clean, modern and well equipped, and the queen sized bed was very comfortable. There is a Pret opposite the hotel where we bought breakfast (a much cheaper option than the breakfast in the hotel which was around £15). The hotel is approximately a 10 minute walk from London Bridge tube station, and a little shorter from Southwark station. After we checked out we were able to store our luggage until we were ready to catch our train back in the evening, which we really appreciated as we still had a lot of walking to do! We agreed that we would definitely consider this hotel, and the Mercure chain generally, again in the future.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Mercure London Bridge is a flagship Mercure hotel located in the centre of London. Enjoy famous nearby attractions such as Borough Market and the Shard, whilst being surrounded by nearby shops and art galleries. On entering this charming hotel, you'll sense its unique atmosphere, making you feel at home. Every detail in the hotel has been carefully considered with your comfort in mind. Experience the hotel restaurant, Marco's New York Italian, courtesy of celebrity Chef Marco Pierre White. The hotel is suited for business hotel stays in London, as well as leisure stays, with 4 flexible meeting rooms for events or conferences for up to 60 people with AV equipment and a dedicated host. Enjoy internet access throughout the hotel. Mercure London Bridge is perfectly located for some London shopping, a cultured day out or some London sightseeing, being situated on Southwark Street, only 8 minutes from Borough Market and an 11 minute walk to London Bridge Station. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with ACCOR, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Superbreak UK, Hotels.com, Expedia, Ebookers, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Cancelon so you can book your Mercure London Bridge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mercure London City Bankside Hotel London
- Accor London City Bankside