I stayed at this hotel a few years ago and was less than impressed, I went as far to say I’d never stay in this hotel again. Stayed here again quiet a few times over the last six months, the choice was taking out of my hands due to work making the booking.
The hotel has improved since my previous visit, the lobby/reception has benefited a refit is now open and inviting, with a service to match. I’ve rooms are ok, adequate for a short break, functionally ok, lacking style. Always had a good nights sleep. Eat a number of times in the hotel and the food is good, breakfasts are by far the highlight.
The location couldn’t be better, right behind Tate Modern, 10 minutes walk to St Pauls and the City. The Thames is only minutes away with its vast number of competing restaurants/bars, plus a Tesco Metro is less than a minute from the hotel.
The wifi is very hit and miss, you can use the LAN cable, however there is a charge. Tried to work, however whenever staying on a higher floor the connection was very frustrating, the lower floors seem much better.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Mercure London Bridge is a flagship Mercure hotel located in the centre of London. Enjoy famous nearby attractions such as Borough Market and the Shard, whilst being surrounded by nearby shops and art galleries. On entering this charming hotel, you'll sense its unique atmosphere, making you feel at home. Every detail in the hotel has been carefully considered with your comfort in mind. Experience the hotel restaurant, Marco's New York Italian, courtesy of celebrity Chef Marco Pierre White. The hotel is suited for business hotel stays in London, as well as leisure stays, with 4 flexible meeting rooms for events or conferences for up to 60 people with AV equipment and a dedicated host. Enjoy internet access throughout the hotel. Mercure London Bridge is perfectly located for some London shopping, a cultured day out or some London sightseeing, being situated on Southwark Street, only 8 minutes from Borough Market and an 11 minute walk to London Bridge Station. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with ACCOR, Hotels.com, Expedia, Odigeo, Booking.com, Priceline, Ebookers, Superbreak UK, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Hotel.de, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Mercure London Bridge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mercure London City Bankside Hotel London
- Accor London City Bankside