“Christmas stay”

Mercure London Bridge
Ranked #308 of 1,063 Hotels in London
GreenLeadersBronze level

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (219)
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
Reviewed 29 December 2013 via mobile

I stayed here for 2 nights with work in Mid December, I chose the hotel due to its proximity to my office

Overall it offered good value for money with free wifi, quick check in, mince pie on arrival, comfy bed and clean room

I was a big fan of the check in experience, I wasn't sure of what to expect after reading reviews but I was pleasantly surprised and reiceved a free mince pie after checking in. (There are also bowls of sweets throughout reception!)

Free wi-fi was included and this is a must for me particularly when travelling on business

I had breakfast on one of the mornings and this wasn't included in my room rate.... At £15 I thought this was a little overpriced and although the food was cooked well I wouldn't say that it was anything to shout about

The bed was comfortable and room had everything that I needed for my stay

Location plays a big part for me, it's not too far from London bridge station (5min walk), it has an M&S food outlet, pret, Italian and much more in the immediate vicinity and you are well connected by bus and underground from southwark or London bridge

Overall a good stay and subject to getting a good room rate I'll defiantly return when I'm next in London on business

Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
Johannesburg, South Africa
Reviewed 29 December 2013

I would love to rate this hotel higher however nothing is worse than a cold shower on cold winters day. The water in shower never actually gets super hot depending on time you take shower but on 2 occasions I had a cold shower. Considering I stayed for 4 nights that is not good odds. I did try call reception to complain but their English was not great so they didn't understand properly and said something like "all hotels no hot water". But other than this the hotel is nice. Modern lobby and rooms are not bad.I liked the location. Walking distance to london bridge and london eye. In summary I won't be staying at this hotel again though. Oh and one last thing the blinds in room were broken.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
York, United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 December 2013

Stayed here on business early December.
Hotel was a fair walk from London Bridge station c.1km.
Check in was different, trying to be informal with a table and laptops rather than a desk. It didn't really work for me as staff then had to walk back to the office for printing...staff were friendly enough though.
Room was small, bathroom tiny, fortunately, I didn't stay in my room much.
Lift was tiny and needed patience.!
I didn't eat at the hotel, did have one drink,
Value for money was average, staff friendly but I won't rush back

Room Tip: ask for a large one...you might then get something average sized..!
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
Bournemouth
Reviewed 22 December 2013

We stayed overnight at this hotel (21st December). As many of the reviewers have mentioned, the lobby is quite impressive, but that is as far as it goes with the decor. The bedroom was adequate, beds were comfortable, but the room was very hot, so had to open the window, therefore, the was some outside noise. The blinds let in some light, despite their being a blackout blind. The shower did not work properly, it was either burning hot or freezing cold. We had to have a privilege room as my daughter and I wanted a twin bedded room. I was not particularly pleased at having to pay the extra. However, that was not really the hotel's fault as I booked it through Lastminute hotels and there didn't seem to be an option to request a twin bedded room (I had put it in my requirements).

The lift we had to use was tiny. Just room. For the two of us and we were unable to use it in the morning as the cleaning staff were using it constantly.

Cheeck I was fine and I will say that the staff at this hotel were extremely courteous and helpful.

The location was okay, especially if you are visiting the Shard, globe! Tate etc. but not so great for the West end. It is a short walk to southwark station (Jubilee line) and a bus stops directly outside the hotel that goes to Covent Garden.

We didn't eat in the hotel, we had breakfast at Prets over the road.

Overall, it was an okay hotel, but certainly not 4 star.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
Helsinki, Finland
Reviewed 21 December 2013

We stayed for 5 days in Mercure London. The only good thing about the hotel was it's staff. They were so helpful and trying their best. Nice people. But overall experience was really disappointing. Rooms are really ugly, honestly to say, water basins and bathtubs seemed roughly and quickly fixed at some point as there were traces of paint and grout for tiles. In our first room the shower almost fell out of the wall and at the same time didn't work properly. We had to move to another room. Yet the second one. It was two times smaller than previous. We asked for another room. The last room appeared to have no additional noise protection on the window and it has almost no air to breathe during the night. It was horrible and in December we slept with the fully open window. Although we put the sign on the door to clean our room it wasn't cleaned when we came back. So it was terrible disappointment. We always stay at Mercure in Paris, but never seen such poor level. Definitely not recommend.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed 20 December 2013

I stayed at the Mercure for a week with a large group that consisted largely of children. I want to give the hotel staff a great deal of credit with their patience in dealing with us all! We had frequent meetings in the lobby and definitely were noticed wherever we went, but the staff absolutely took us in stride. The room was on the small side but absolutely comfortable, and the shower in particular was really excellent. Great value. We had a wonderful time.

Do keep in mind that the neighborhood is not the most glamorous in London, and we were pressed for options going out at night. The location happened to work well for our daytime activities, though, so it was fine for us. But it's a good thing to know before you go!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends