Mercure London Bridge
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
US$336
US$278
Pullman
US$307
US$263
Hotels.com
  • Pool
Strand Palace Hotel(London)(Great Value!)
US$215
The Belgrave(London)(Great Value!)
US$198
US$158
  • Bar/Lounge
London House Hotel(London)(Great Value!)
US$116
US$551
US$533
Orbitz.com
2,145 results
All reviewsborough marketprivilege roomglobe theatresouth banksouthwark tubetate modernnespresso machinest paulscovent gardenminute walkreception deskreception areamini barsuperior roomjubilee linecomfortable hotellondon eye
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 24 February 2014

This was our fourth time at this hotel and it continues to meet our needs and expectations. We booked a standard room using Tesco vouchers and we were upgraded to Privilege room on arrival - a very pleasant surprise. We particularly liked the refurbishment of the public areas but would also like to see some work done to the bedrooms. Carpets and blinds were a little tired and the window did not seal properly. The room was, however, clean and had many little extra touches. A comfortable bed with good pillows ensured a good night's sleep. Check-in was very easy and quick. Every member of staff we met was extremely friendly and nothing was too much trouble.

Room Tip: To avoid a long walk with cases from Southwark tube station, get off the tube at Waterloo and take a taxi to the hotel for £6 - £7. If you're young and fit then save your money! Rooms at the back of the hotel are quieter.
Reviewed 20 February 2014

My hubbie treated me to a night away here on my own. I arrived after a day at the spa feeling very relaxed and looking forward to a good sleep. I didn't see reception straight away and staff where not so proactive in greeting me! Hubbie had paid for my room on his card, I came with the booking number and a different card and I had to call him to cancel booking rebook etc (though it says bring booking number but not the original card you book with!) it took 30 minutes, not a great welcome for a lady on her own, and annoying for my hubbie who then had to take time out of his working day to sort out! The guy on reception did apologise for the delay. I had to ask where my room was so I didn't feel looked after at all by the reception staff (weird usually people on reception tell you this!) Not warm or friendly welcoming service. The decor in reception is lovely, modern and stylish, relaxing vibe. The rooms too me where quite a disappointment, they looked tired, and old fashioned, nothing special at all, needs a refurb! I did like the flapjacks and the mechanical pencil and the cosmetics where lovely. The blinds where supposed to have a black out curtain behind them, mine did not and the blinds where broken, it woke me up early when the sun came in, this was the whole reason I was staying (for a lay in) so a little annoying!!! On leaving the hotel, the lady serving me served someone else before me so both check in and check out did not make me feel good! Would not stay at Mercure again, for £128 I got a standard and tired room, you can get better standard in some 3 star hotels. The tired room coupled with what should have been a special occasion for a lady staying on her own and my needs not being met left a negative impression of Mercure!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 17 February 2014

I was pleasantly surprised: a nice little hotel with friendly staff. Great location on the South Bank, close to Tate Modern and the Borough Market, yet quiet and offering a good night sleep.

One thing to note is that, while the room was clean, it felt a bit tired - bedding linens looked a bit worn, and the carpet could also do with being replaced.
Other than that - no issues, a nice, simple hotel, perfect for a business traveller. Recommended.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Principessa18
Reviewed 11 February 2014

Just had a lovely weekend stay at this hotel.
Modern and clean.
We had a superior room, very comfortable bed, complimentary soft drinks in the mini-bar, coffee machine, robes and slippers, nice selection of toiletries, good size bath and shower.
Umbrellas at the hotel door if the weather calls for it.
A great choice at breakfast.
Staff were very helpful,
I would definately visit again and would recommend this hotel.

3  Thank SLo2014
Reviewed 8 February 2014

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com