Stopped at this hotel for the London marathon. We booked this hotel over a year ago my sister in law booked it well in advance on her card . we have to save all year round as the weekend cost us a fair amount as we live in Doncaster. We checked in about four o clock the Friday my sister in law gave the confirmation but her card had expired from last year so her bank had issued her a new one standard practice. The receptionist at the hotel said she needed the old card but how could we produce it when the original one had been shredded at the bank. She said she could do nothing without the original card, no excuses. My husband then paid on his credit card again but we had already Paid 300 pound the year before so the hotel had our money for a year. My sister in law had to have the money refunded on to an old card and is going to have to sort it out when we get home she was crying and very upset not good start to the weekend my husband then ask the gentleman receptionist what would have happened if he did not have a credit card to back us up, he replied well you would have been ask to leave as we could have not given you a room, so we would have travelled all that way when we had booked a year ago and paid for it, only to be chucked out. Thanks mecure I have to say for being the most unhelpful staff and spoiling our weekend. We won't be going back here again stick to the Hilton in future where we get treated with respect
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Mercure London Bridge is a flagship Mercure hotel located in the centre of London. Enjoy famous nearby attractions such as Borough Market and the Shard, whilst being surrounded by nearby shops and art galleries. On entering this charming hotel, you'll sense its unique atmosphere, making you feel at home. Every detail in the hotel has been carefully considered with your comfort in mind. Experience the hotel restaurant, Marco's New York Italian, courtesy of celebrity Chef Marco Pierre White. The hotel is suited for business hotel stays in London, as well as leisure stays, with 4 flexible meeting rooms for events or conferences for up to 60 people with AV equipment and a dedicated host. Enjoy internet access throughout the hotel. Mercure London Bridge is perfectly located for some London shopping, a cultured day out or some London sightseeing, being situated on Southwark Street, only 8 minutes from Borough Market and an 11 minute walk to London Bridge Station. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Expedia, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelsClick, HotelQuickly, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Cancelon so you can book your Mercure London Bridge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mercure London City Bankside Hotel London
- Accor London City Bankside