“Great Location - Had real bathroom cleanliness issue”

Mercure London Bridge
Ranked #304 of 1,077 Hotels in London
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 11 July 2014

The good - great location, check-in & out was efficient, wine list and bar area is great.
The bad - shower flooded the bathroom within a few minutes. The drain was clogged. When I lifted the pan I was mortified to see how dirty it was. It's one of those designed to be easy to lift and clean. They took care of it and moved me into another room. However, I had to ask 3 times to try to speak to a manager on duty. They never reached out and I finally spoke to one upon the 4th time requesting. I showed a picture of it to bring home the point. The room they moved me too had been cleaned properly. Won't stay there again but I also don't expect this will be most reviewer's experience when they stay there.

Note: I stay in hotels over 100 nights/year and haven't had but a couple negative reviews. The lack of a manager's interest set it in motion for me.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Meber99
Mercure-LondonBridge, Manager at Mercure London Bridge, responded to this reviewResponded 12 July 2014

Dear Meber99,

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your stay and for the feedback, but I was very disappointed to hear that your experience did not meet your overall expectations. Please allow me to express our sincerest apologies once more for the inconvenience. I would like to confirm that we are taking the appropriate measures to address your concerns and prevent future occurrence.

Kind Regards,

Reviewed 10 July 2014

Great hotel!! The situation of this hotel is amazing, just a few steps away from Tate Modern. The rooms were perfectly clean and the staff was really helpful. There is no nightlife in this area so you can have a good rest.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank giclair

Dear diclair,

Thank you very much for taking the time to post your thoughts on here. I’m glad you enjoyed your visit, and I hope we can welcome you back to Mercure London Bridge Hotel very soon.

Reviewed 10 July 2014

Stayed here for two nights in July 2014. Chose primarily due to location as we wanted to visit both the Tate Modern and the Globe (ideal location for both - literally five minutes walk away!) Excellent in all regards; spotlessly clean, extremely quiet (especially if you leave the secondary window plane in place at night) and staff very friendly and attentive. We only had breakfast in terms of meals (as there are dozens of places around to eat any kind of food you want (sushi, M&S food outlet almost directly over the road etc). Very high quality (although nor enough water poured into jug on the second morning meaning the coffee was too strong/quite bitter). Otherwise perfect and we would certainly recommend very highly.

Room Tip: Fire doors are very heavy and, with heavy cases to drag, we were glad to have a room very near to el...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear csrothwec,

I’m so glad that you had an enjoyable time during your stay at Mercure London Bridge Hotel. Our locations is really great for the Tate modern or for the Shakepeares Globe, not to mention all the other attractions near by. I hope we can welcome you back to the property in the near future.

Rooms Division Manager.

Reviewed 10 July 2014 via mobile

We chose this hotel as it was a good location for The Globe theatre and the south bank. It is a good quality Mercure Hotel as expected. Liked the check in where we were asked to take a seat and were checked in by friendly staff with I Pads who sat with us. Other hotels take note. Rooms well furnished and clean. Breakfast plenty of choice but the cooked part was a little bit disappointing. Rubber eggs, leather bacon etc.
Yes I would recommend this hotel and definately stay again, but would give the breakfast a miss.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Socratez,

Many thanks for the positive comments, I’m happy we were able to make your stay with us so enjoyable. We are truly proud of our welcome project with tablets and more flexible arrival. I hope we can welcome you back to the Mercure London Bridge Hotel again very soon.

Rooms Division Manager.

Reviewed 6 July 2014

I told the hotel I was going to arrive before noon and asked for an early check-in. Upon arrival, there was no room available. I todl the lady that I was very disappointed since I hold a Platinum card of Accor and they knew I was going to arrive early. She gave me a free upgrade to a bigger room. The room was really spacious according to London standards.

The hotel is just a 5 minute walk from the Borough market, a very nice market with a great atmosphere. Tate Modern is a 2 minute walk away and a few metro stops get you to either the O2 or downtown London. I will stay here again as you are on the other side of the Thames but oh so close to the center. You can even see St Paul's Cathedral from the river banks.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank degtravel

Dear degtaravel,

Many thanks for the review. We always welcome feedback and we are glad that you enjoyed your stay with us at the Mercure London Bridge Hotel. I hope we can be part of your future travel plans.

Reviewed 3 July 2014 via mobile

The location is perfect, only a couple of blocks from the millennium bridge so no complaints. Upon arrival, the service was very friendly and fast, perfect when you're checking in late. The bedroom was okay (3*), the bed was big and comfortable, the room was quiet and clean, but some improvements can be made in the shower. As for breakfast, was fresh and fast. I liked how they left the coffee pot and brought you fresh toast! No real complaints, would definitely return.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
Mercure-LondonBridge, Manager at Mercure London Bridge, responded to this reviewResponded 4 July 2014

Dear Matthew_Vanderheide,

Reviewed 29 June 2014

Pros: hotel is very conveniently located just next to London bridge, close to bus and tube stations.
Cons: rooms are ageing, just OK, no toothbrush or paste nor clock which can create problems. No decent restaurant, rather snack type of culinary experience. Breakfast average.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
Mercure-LondonBridge, Manager at Mercure London Bridge, responded to this reviewResponded 3 July 2014

Dear 701JeanMarieB,

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your stay at the Mercure London Bridge, but we were very disappointed to hear that your experience did not meet your overall expectations. We appreciate your feedback, and hope that you will give us the opportunity to welcome you back to the Mercure London Bridge.

Kind Regards,