Fantastic location for some of London's best attractions.
London Eye, Tate Modern, HMS Belfast, St Paul's cathedral, Borough Market and several more are all within walking distance.
The lobby and restaurant area have been nicely refurbished in a cool, modern, british style. Plenty of more or less comfortable chairs and sofas to lounge around in. Tvs, magazines and cool books to borrow.
Girls working in the reception was friendly and helpful. Instead of having a work station they had tablets and they walked around a high table with drawers with the key cards and other things they needed. Seemed very modern and flexible but a bit unpractical.
Our rooms were on the 7th floor. This floor haven't been refurbished so it felt a bit like travelling back in time. But they were spacious and clean. We had chosen a room with a king size bed and it was the smallest king I ever saw, 160 cm wide but it was much newer than the decor of the room so it was comfortable enough.
The couple we were traveling with had a queen bed room and they said that the bed was a bit small.
Since our rooms were on the top floor we had both a lovely view and a balcony wich was a pleasant surprise.
The bathroom was spacious and clean with a nice selection of creams and soaps. The room also had bathrobes and slippers and that helped me forget the dated decor.
Breakfast was well over average with both warm and cold dishes and lacked nothing unless you have very special wishes. There was also a meny to choose from. Staff was very welcomming and friendly and they brought pots of coffee and tea to the table.
All in all this is a good enough hotel. It gets plus points on location, staff and breakfast. I was a bit far from the Underground but it was easy to find.
Plenty of places to eat nearby.
For Oxford street and Kensington it is a bit far away but you reach the west end easily with the RV1 bus line that stops right out side of the hotel and takes you, via some of the sights, to Covent garden.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Mercure London Bridge is a flagship Mercure hotel located in the centre of London. Enjoy famous nearby attractions such as Borough Market and the Shard, whilst being surrounded by nearby shops and art galleries. On entering this charming hotel, you'll sense its unique atmosphere, making you feel at home. Every detail in the hotel has been carefully considered with your comfort in mind. Experience the hotel restaurant, Marco's New York Italian, courtesy of celebrity Chef Marco Pierre White. The hotel is suited for business hotel stays in London, as well as leisure stays, with 4 flexible meeting rooms for events or conferences for up to 60 people with AV equipment and a dedicated host. Enjoy internet access throughout the hotel. Mercure London Bridge is perfectly located for some London shopping, a cultured day out or some London sightseeing, being situated on Southwark Street, only 8 minutes from Borough Market and an 11 minute walk to London Bridge Station. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with ACCOR, Expedia, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Booking.com, Ebookers, Priceline, Superbreak UK, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Hotel.de, HotelsClick, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Mercure London Bridge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mercure London City Bankside Hotel London
- Accor London City Bankside