“Excellent”

Mercure London Bridge
Ranked #301 of 1,077 Hotels in London
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 3 August 2014

Ticked all the boxes , well done mecure London bridge x
Good service
Good food
Very helpful staff x all we could want for our three day trip rooms ready before time which was great x perfect location x

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Mercure Hotels
Mercure-LondonBridge, Manager at Mercure London Bridge, responded to this reviewResponded 4 August 2014

Dear Sue M,

Many thanks for the positive comments, I’m happy we were able to make your stay with us so enjoyable. I hope we can welcome you back to the Mercure London Bridge Hotel again very soon.

Rooms Division Manager.

Write a ReviewReviews (2,090)

Reviewed 3 August 2014

The hotel is modern with up-to-the minute furnishing & decor.
Well-placed for the South bank - Globe Theatre, Tate Modern, and even St Paul's is easily walkable over the Millenium Bridge.
Don't eat dinner there - service was slow and the main courses were straight out of the microwave and dumped on the plate with no finesse. Not worth the money, and there are lots of good places within walking distance. In contrast, breakfast was good - plenty of choice and good quality.

Also had a problem with pre-registering my credit card. Did this on-line in advance - to "save time" said the web-site. Oh no, it didn't. After dinner there, I simply gave my room number assuming they'd debit the card. I was then called in my room by reception late at night to physically swipe my card - even though they admitted they already had all the details, even the security code. I was not amused.

Would I go there again? Probably yes, with the right deal.

Dear Dog901,

Many thanks for posting your comments. We appreciate all feedback very much and the team and I look forward to welcoming you back at Mercure London Bridge Hotel.

Reviewed 1 August 2014

Booked on lastminute.com, with it saying it was a 45% saving. Well that turned out to be misleading. Had chance to stay in a nice hotel we had used before but went with this one for a change and a change of area (Borough market being one of them).
It was for my wife's birthday as we were going to Ronnie Scott's Saturday nigh and was staying Friday and Saturday in London to make a weekend of it.
location is ok if you use the bus service but the tubes are a bit of a walk especially as my wife has Parkinsons.
The hotel is described as 'Contemporary 4 Star hotel'. Well it is upon entering the reception and bar area....and that's where it stopped.
We were put in room 308 facing the ,main road and to say compact would be an understatement. 1980's style décor (nothing like the modern reception). with tired 1980's beech chipped laminate furniture. The whole room looked like it needed a complete refurbishment.
the bathroom was even smaller, with white turned into grey grout around the white tiles in the small bath/shower. Fittings which needed descaling such as the shower head, tap mixers for the sink and bath. Silicone with black mould marks on it. Cracked toilet pan with a sink set in chipboard laminate which the front of had been stripped off and badly painted in white over the top. the bathroom even had the same wallpaper in as the bedroom. The door opening inward to the bathroom missed the pan by about an inch and with one step you faced the sink so work it out yourself.
The window facing out couldn't be opened due to the noise on the road and also the secondary glazed window supposed to slide up to get to the blackout blind almost took my fingers off trying to open and close it. let alone in was a waste of time as you could still quite clearly hear the traffic and people in the street. As well as the door to the room being a waste of time as you could quite clearly hear everything passing by opening or shutting room doors or just general conversations.
The air conditioning was so loud we could have it on at night even though it was hot as it was from the dark ages.
Reported all of this to reception on the first evening only to be given a smile and nodding almost in agreement after she asked what room we were in yet nothing offered in return.
Overall very misleading advert from lastminute.com and the Mercure Hotel own write up. Would not recommend this Hotel at all and would rather spend the money on a hotel with better rooms and better service.
The area I would recommend and would advise staying closer to either Southwalk tube or the other end near London bridge tube as there is a lot to do in the area.

Room Tip: Check you are not at the front of the Hotel facing the noisy road and not on floor 3 as the rooms ar...
1  Thank ROBIN P
Mercure-LondonBridge, Manager at Mercure London Bridge, responded to this reviewResponded 3 August 2014

Dear Robin P,

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your stay here at the Mercure London Bridge, but we were very disappointed to hear that your experience did not meet your overall expectations. Please allow me to express my sincerest apologies. At Mercure, we strive to provide a superior service experience for every guest and your feedback is very important to us.

We’ll be sure to look into the points that you have raised in order to make improvements where necessary. I hope we can welcome you back to Mercure London Bridge Hotel some time in the future.

Kind Regards,

Reviewed 29 July 2014

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
Mercure-LondonBridge, Manager at Mercure London Bridge, responded to this reviewResponded 1 August 2014

Reviewed 28 July 2014 via mobile

Very clean and modern hotel.
The staff was friendly and helpful.
The room albeit small, was nice.
No real night life to speak of in the area though.
The next time I'm in London I think I'll stay somewhere a little more lively.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Mercure-LondonBridge, Manager at Mercure London Bridge, responded to this reviewResponded 29 July 2014

Dear JasonA1983,

Many thanks for the review. We always welcome feedback and my team and I are glad that you enjoyed your stay with us at Mercure London Bridge Hotel. I hope we can be part of your future travel plans.

Reviewed 27 July 2014

This hotel is nicely located on the South Bank, seems this area of town gets busier and busier.
Nice room, with a good queensize bed. The bed/mattress could be sofhter though.
Nice bathroom with bathtub and shower, and a handful of amenities. v ery clean throughout.

Good Continental breakfast at 9,50, that can be expanded to full English at 15,90, but the Continental was enough for the most of our stay.

London Bridge Rail and Tube are ca 10mins walk from the hotel. As is the bustling Borough Market, Vinopolis and more.
The restaurant staff in the evening could well be more selling than just order-taking :-)

All in all, a hotel that I gladly recommend, unless it is to far from your business meetings. That would be the only major drawback.
For people on holidays this should serve as well as any other.

Attentive and serviceminded staff, the front desk is very efficient.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Mercure-LondonBridge, Manager at Mercure London Bridge, responded to this reviewResponded 28 July 2014

Dear Edgar V,

Many thanks for the positive comments, I’m happy we were able to make your stay with us so enjoyable. Our location by the Southbank is indeed great for both business and leisure with many attractions and sights within walking distance. I hope we can welcome you back to the Mercure London Bridge Hotel again very soon.

Rooms Division Manager.

Reviewed 27 July 2014

I specifically chose this hotel because a twin bed room was an option - not the case in all London hotels. Unfortunately, when we checked in we found we had been allocated a double. (I don't think this was the hotel's fault) But ... no problem. All was sorted with professionalism, courtesy and helpfulness. Very comfortable room with all facilities one could wish for. Lovely quiet room and efficient air conditioning. We did not stay for breakfast so cannot comment but I'm sure that would also have lived up to expectations. Very good location within 10 minute walking distance of London Bridge and Southwark Underground stations and Old Vic. Thank you Mercure for such a relaxing and comfortable stay - even if it was for only one night. I'll stay longer next time!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family

Dear Derbyshirelass499573 ,

Thank you very much for taking the time to post your thoughts on here. I have passed your kind comments about our accommodating approach to our team. I’m so glad you enjoyed your visit, and I hope we can welcome you back to Mercure London Bridge Hotel very soon.