Mercure London Bridge
US$302
US$276
Hilton
  • Pool
Strand Palace Hotel(London)(Great Value!)
US$214
US$199
  • Restaurant
Hampton by Hilton London Waterloo(London)(Great Value!)
US$250
Doubletree
US$242
Rubens Hotel
  • Restaurant
London House Hotel(London)(Great Value!)
US$158
US$131
Park Grand London Kensington(London)(Great Value!)
US$186
US$169
US$479
Agoda.com
  • Pool
2,138 results
All reviewsborough marketprivilege roomglobe theatresouth banksouthwark tubetate modernnespresso machinest paulscovent gardenminute walkreception deskreception areamini barsuperior roomjubilee linecomfortable hotellondon eye
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 5 August 2014

I usually stay next door at the Citizen M when visiting London but, uncharacteristically, it was fully booked this particular weekend when I had a planned visit to The Globe. So I booked into the Mercure, around the corner, and oh, the difference is enormous. Despite friendly and courteous staff, The Mercure is a slightly down-at-heel, old fashioned London hotel. Short on space, character or atmosphere it is a throw back to the 80s in shabby decor, comfort and quality. The location is its best feature. The bed was comfortable but the room was featureless, airless, bleak and depressing. Toiletries were poor and the whole place had the feel of a budget hotel masquerading as something smarter. I'm afraid I was not convinced. Give me the chic modernity and wit of Citizen M any day, and there was only a tenner between the two in price.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank BarnacleBelle
Mercure-LondonBridge, Manager at Mercure London Bridge, responded to this reviewResponded 6 August 2014

Dear BarnacleBelle,

Many thanks for posting your comments. We appreciate all feedback very much and the team and I look forward to welcoming you back at Mercure London Bridge Hotel.

Reviewed 5 August 2014

I spent the last five days of July with my wife in London. It was a relaxing holiday. Mercure London Bridge was an excellent choice. The location is perfect near London Bridge and the embankment. Two tube stations are very close and Vapiano on the other side of the street. Hotel staff were very friendly and the room was very comfortable. Weather was also nice most of the time.

Dear Aasem A,

Thank you very much for taking the time to post your thoughts on here. Our location is indeed excellent close to both London Brdige and Southwark stations with many great restaurants in close vicinity. I’m glad you enjoyed your visit and, and I hope we can welcome you back to Mercure London Bridge Hotel very soon.

Reviewed 3 August 2014

Ticked all the boxes , well done mecure London bridge x
Good service
Good food
Very helpful staff x all we could want for our three day trip rooms ready before time which was great x perfect location x

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Mercure Hotels
Mercure-LondonBridge, Manager at Mercure London Bridge, responded to this reviewResponded 4 August 2014

Dear Sue M,

Many thanks for the positive comments, I’m happy we were able to make your stay with us so enjoyable. I hope we can welcome you back to the Mercure London Bridge Hotel again very soon.

Rooms Division Manager.

Reviewed 3 August 2014

The hotel is modern with up-to-the minute furnishing & decor.
Well-placed for the South bank - Globe Theatre, Tate Modern, and even St Paul's is easily walkable over the Millenium Bridge.
Don't eat dinner there - service was slow and the main courses were straight out of the microwave and dumped on the plate with no finesse. Not worth the money, and there are lots of good places within walking distance. In contrast, breakfast was good - plenty of choice and good quality.

Also had a problem with pre-registering my credit card. Did this on-line in advance - to "save time" said the web-site. Oh no, it didn't. After dinner there, I simply gave my room number assuming they'd debit the card. I was then called in my room by reception late at night to physically swipe my card - even though they admitted they already had all the details, even the security code. I was not amused.

Would I go there again? Probably yes, with the right deal.

Dear Dog901,

Reviewed 1 August 2014

Booked on lastminute.com, with it saying it was a 45% saving. Well that turned out to be misleading. Had chance to stay in a nice hotel we had used before but went with this one for a change and a change of area (Borough market being one of them).
It was for my wife's birthday as we were going to Ronnie Scott's Saturday nigh and was staying Friday and Saturday in London to make a weekend of it.
location is ok if you use the bus service but the tubes are a bit of a walk especially as my wife has Parkinsons.
The hotel is described as 'Contemporary 4 Star hotel'. Well it is upon entering the reception and bar area....and that's where it stopped.
We were put in room 308 facing the ,main road and to say compact would be an understatement. 1980's style décor (nothing like the modern reception). with tired 1980's beech chipped laminate furniture. The whole room looked like it needed a complete refurbishment.
the bathroom was even smaller, with white turned into grey grout around the white tiles in the small bath/shower. Fittings which needed descaling such as the shower head, tap mixers for the sink and bath. Silicone with black mould marks on it. Cracked toilet pan with a sink set in chipboard laminate which the front of had been stripped off and badly painted in white over the top. the bathroom even had the same wallpaper in as the bedroom. The door opening inward to the bathroom missed the pan by about an inch and with one step you faced the sink so work it out yourself.
The window facing out couldn't be opened due to the noise on the road and also the secondary glazed window supposed to slide up to get to the blackout blind almost took my fingers off trying to open and close it. let alone in was a waste of time as you could still quite clearly hear the traffic and people in the street. As well as the door to the room being a waste of time as you could quite clearly hear everything passing by opening or shutting room doors or just general conversations.
The air conditioning was so loud we could have it on at night even though it was hot as it was from the dark ages.
Reported all of this to reception on the first evening only to be given a smile and nodding almost in agreement after she asked what room we were in yet nothing offered in return.
Overall very misleading advert from lastminute.com and the Mercure Hotel own write up. Would not recommend this Hotel at all and would rather spend the money on a hotel with better rooms and better service.
The area I would recommend and would advise staying closer to either Southwalk tube or the other end near London bridge tube as there is a lot to do in the area.

Room Tip: Check you are not at the front of the Hotel facing the noisy road and not on floor 3 as the rooms are dated and in MUCH need of a refurbishment and extremely small. Noisy Air-conditioning, poor ventilation.
1  Thank ROBIN P
Mercure-LondonBridge, Manager at Mercure London Bridge, responded to this reviewResponded 3 August 2014

Dear Robin P,

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your stay here at the Mercure London Bridge, but we were very disappointed to hear that your experience did not meet your overall expectations. Please allow me to express my sincerest apologies. At Mercure, we strive to provide a superior service experience for every guest and your feedback is very important to us.

We’ll be sure to look into the points that you have raised in order to make improvements where necessary. I hope we can welcome you back to Mercure London Bridge Hotel some time in the future.

Kind Regards,