“Good hotel - Location far from City center”

Norfolk Plaza Hotel
Ranked #940 of 1,081 Hotels in London
Reviewed 6 March 2012

Spent 2 nights in London at this hotel. The Staff is nice and helpful, especially the receptionists. The location is a little far from Piccadilly and Westmister. The room was clean and the bed was ok, had a nice sleep and the bathroom was small but ok. Good place as basis for visiting London at a convenient rate.In the surroundings found good places to eat. All at all had a nice time at Norflok Hotel.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with friends

Reviewed 4 March 2012

It´s a typical London hotel, our room a triple was OK in size, the bathroom had a shower in the bathtub which was all right up to the last night. One of the boys had a shower and then someone from reception knocked on the door saying there was a leak to the floor below! Well, so no showers for the rest of us. But the beds were not nice, the springs creaking and bothering you (English cheap hotels don´t seem to like bed matresses on top of the springs). Thing is - you want cheap, but you want to wake up rested...

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 28 February 2012

When we arrived the reception looked neat and tidy, however, the room was dirty, old stained curtains, dirty floor, bathroom not clean, a kettle that leaked, at TV with no reception, a hairdryer that wasn't worth turning on. We booked a double room and got a twin room, when we complained we were told the hotel was full and there were no alternatives. I slept with my clothes and covered the pillow with my fleece. When we got home we had bits all over our legs!! We have reported and sent pictures of the bathroom and sheets etc to the Environmental Health Department. Its not worth the money we paid and would never set foot there again. Stayed in london on many occasions and this is the worse hotel by far!

Room Tip: Go somewhere else
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank H_S193
Reviewed 15 February 2012

Honeymoon trip with my hubby on late Nov. Stay there for 6 nights. The first night was terrible, it was a very large triple room, high ceiling, dim lightings and dirty curtains with tears, heater and telephone is not working!! Just like in a ghost room... then I request to change to another room the day after, a double room this time, much much much more better than the previous one. I think the previous one is out of service for a long time. This time the room is very clean and bright, everything is in good condition. I think this is worth to stay in such convenience location and valuable price. The staff are all friendly and helpful. If I haven't see the first room, I'll rate this a 5 stars.

Room Tip: Don't accept room 209!
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank blueice_chan
Reviewed 6 February 2012

I booked this Hotel for my Mum and Nan for a Christmas present through London Theatre Breaks (who are just as Terrible). When they arrived at the Hotel they were told their room had been Cancelled, which was not the case. Once that had been sorted out they were taken down a Smelly hall way to get to their room. When they got in to the room, well.... there were Holes in the Curtains, Holes in the bed sheets, dated furniture and not to mention the Bathroom, it was more like a wash room apart from there was NO ROOM to wash.
At reception there was a women trying to explain she had No Water in the Bathroom, but they asked my mum and nan if they spoke Spanish as he did not understand what she was saying!!
Mum spoke to her in English and realised what she was trying to say!
All together the Hotel and London Theatre Breaks have been Unhelpful, Rude and all together not Bothered. I have tried to complain but neither of them are interested to I am trying to take things Further. DO NOT STAY AT THIS HOTEL OR BOOK WITH LONDON THEATRE BREAKS!!!!

Room Tip: No Rooms at all!!
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank VictoriaAB
Reviewed 30 January 2012

Well - the hotel is in need of a good renovation job - but to avoid being completely negative: the staff are some of the friendliest and most helpful we have met in London hotels. Its very clean , near Paddington station and underground so you can leave luggage ready for quick pick up, daily newspapers in reception and the room had its own fridge/hairdryer....and its cheap. We paid £75 per night for a double room . Fine if you are really not fussy and just need a bed for a night - even if it is hard. I did hear one member of staff apologising for problems with hot water availability who said the hotel would be closing in 6 months for a complete refurb - but maybe they have been saying this for years? And .... the hotel was full on the Saturday night ....so they must be catering for somebody.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 January 2012

well, before I booked this hotel I checked their web- nice pictures, looked renovated and average. I also checked tripadvisor of course- somebody sayd 'do not believe the whiners'... I decided to try as I am a travel agent myself and our clients often use hotels of approx the same price category and the same location (near Paddindton station). I stayed there for 3 nights when visiting WTM 2011 Travel Market. Let's start with good: location near to Paddingtin station, lots of shops, pubs, fastfood places near, I also liked the reception staff- I always got help what I needed, breakfast was quite OK for London hotel- not buffet, but still there was cheese and ham, and tomato and cucumber and yoghurt and flakes!
NB!! The coffee was very very good, made to every client personally in small coffee-pot.

But the room- my home for 3 nights- was so depressing: it located in cellar and was very dark, 50 cm from my window there was small garbage-box- there were lots of rubbish thown out from windows... blankets in bed and towels had holes, shower was so small that I could not even wash my legs. both- room and bathroom- just screamed for renovation. so if You need just a bed and pillow to put your head on in London centre, it is ok for You. But if You want a good stay and maybe spend more that 6 hours (night) in room, maybe even to work there a bit, pls do not book this hotel!
Thanks, Norfolk Plaza, that You showed me one of the worst rooms you have, it is really importand for travel agents ;))

Room Tip: higher floor maybe... so it is not so dark..
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled on business