“Excellent customer service”

Ranked #386 of 1,089 Hotels in London
Ely, United Kingdom
“Excellent customer service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 June 2014

We arrived early and our rooms weren't quite ready but we were able to drop off our luggage. When we returned there was a long queue at reception but they spotted us and simply came to the back of the queue with our room keys, saving us from having to wait. This set the tone for the rest of our stay. The staff are all really helpful and friendly and make this hotel an excellent place to stay. The place is clean, modern and spacious. Breakfast was also very good with lots of choice. The location was perfect for us with two of us at Wembley for a boxing event and two of us in the West End to see a show and we all travelled by tube. I thoroughly recommend this hotel and we will certainly be back.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (438)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
Stirling, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 June 2014

I have spent the last 10 days in London and tried two hotels - this one and the Hotel Russell. The Russell Hotel was by far superior. The Holiday Inn cost approx £220 per night (for a twin room - I'd have preferred a double, but it couldn't be changed) and had the cheek to debit £30 from my credit card before I got my room key in case I spent 'extras'. It charged for wifi. For my £220, it supplied very cheap shampoo, but no conditioner, and no shower gel. It did not supply a facecloth. The first room I was offered overlooked some very noisy and very ugly generators in an inner courtyard. The Hotel Russell, by comparison, cost me £117 per night (for a double room) and took no money from my credit card up front. It gave me an hour's free wifi every night. The toiletries were not indulgent, as you would expect at this price, but nice. The room was lovely and had a mini ironing board in the wardrobe and loads of space to unpack. The bathroom was far nicer than the one at the Holiday Inn. Do yourself a favour, use the £100 for something else and book a room at the Russell.

Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn London Bloomsbury, responded to this review, 12 July 2014
Dear 456Scooby,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review regarding our hotel. It is truly regrettable that some aspects of our room and bathroom amenities fell below your standards. I have taken note of your feedback including the noise levels you have experienced. Rest assured that we will use these comments to bring upon improvement on our end so we can provide you with a better accommodation in the future.

Once again, thank you and I hope you give us another chance to host you again in the future.

Faith R
Case Manager
IHGCare
Hervey Bay, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 June 2014

We stayed for two nights whilst on our travels. The service upon check in by "Laura" Australian receptionist was excellent. She was very friendly and welcoming. We stayed in a standard room on the first night and an executive on the second night. Rooms are clean. We dined in the restaurant downstairs and were equally impressed with the service and the lovely meals. Highly recommend as a great hotel. Train station right behind and always a taxi out the front. There is a shopping complex across the road.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
London
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 June 2014

I live in the area but today was my first time dining in your hotel restaurant. The Italian lady with long black hair and the blond lady I think her name was kamilla were beautiful. Service and the food top class. On the other hand (is just my opinion ) they should improve the ambiance of the restaurant! Saying that the smiles we've got from all the team we came across were more then we've expected .... We will be back thank you

• Stayed June 2014
Atlanta, Georgia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 June 2014

Hotel is close to Russell Square tube station which was convenient but in general this hotel was underwhelming for the price. My hair dryer didn't work and when I asked for another the girl at the front desk assured me she would send one... she didn't. The room was a decent size. I booked a queen room and received a room with 2 twin beds. The internet was expensive and in my opinion should have been free. I wouldn't recommend this hotel as a must stay but would say it would do if it suited your other needs. Just okay.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank SunnyDeSha
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn London Bloomsbury, responded to this review, 7 July 2014
Dear SunnyDeSha,

Thank you for your recent stay with us and reviewing our property. I am pleased to know that our location worked for your needs. On the other hand, please accept our sincerest apologies for any inconvenience the room amenities and the level of service you received may have caused you. We appreciate your feedback as this is our best resource for improving guest services.

Again, thank you and we hope to have an opportunity to serve you again.

Best Regards,

John O
Case Manager
IHGCare
Worcester, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 June 2014

My Mother and I stayed just the one night but we were made so welcome as soon as we walked through the door which is so lovely for two women travelling alone. Fabulous location, close to tube and buses and the concierge was so knowledgeable and helpful. We were lucky and had a room on the fifth floor which was quiet by London standards. We initially have a problem with our room but this was very quickly and pleasantly sorted out by reception and housekeeping whilst we were out for dinner. The pearls of this hotel are its staff, thank you all so much for a great stay. Mum and I will be back on our next trip.....

Room Tip: In London always choose the highest floor you can get, its quieter.