I last stayed and reviewed this hotel in January 2014. On that occasion I had a dreadful nights sleep disturbed by noise. The hotel offered me a complimentary night stay to make up for the inconvenience I had encountered, however on several attempts to book in for my complimentary night I was told that I couldn't have the dates I had requested......in the end I gave up.
So when travelling back from holiday I thought I would give the Holiday Inn another go (paid) to see whether things had improved. They have not.
We arrived at 11.15pm after over 12 hours travelling to be given room 531. After getting up to our room, showering, unpacking and getting ready for a good nights sleep we encountered the comedy beds. The mattresses on both beds had springs on one side which had lost all their support. This was the side which people naturally sit on to watch the TV, dress etc but when you lay on the bed the sagging springs caused you to roll off the mattress. The only way to stay on the bed was to cling to the non-sagging side of the bed. Couple this with slamming doors throughout the night and once again we didn't have a good nights sleep.
When we checked out the next day our receptionist asked whether we had had a good stay. When I said we hadn't and explained the problem she went to fetch a Duty Manager. After about 5 minutes a man in a chefs jacket came to reception. He didn't introduce himself but just stood next to me. In the end I asked him whether he was the Duty Manager, which he was. I explained the problem again to which he looked puzzled and said he would have to find someone else. He disappeared into the back office and reappeared this time with the Front of House Manager. At this point the Duty Manager walked off. So now I explained all over again, this time to the Front of House Manager what the problem had been. To say that he was disinterested was the understatement of the year. When I asked him whether, having raised this issue they would not put other guests into this room until they had sorted the problem he grew quite sharp in tone and said that undoubtedly people were sorting the problem as we spoke. I can only sympathise with whoever got Room 531 that night as I doubt whether anything was done to replace the mattresses. He even took my email address and said he would update me on what they had done to sort the problem. Needless to say I am still waiting.
In the end he said he would refund us the cost of our breakfast. WHY??? There had not been anything wrong with our breakfast. So he took off £18 from our bill. Quite how he arrived at this figure is also a mystery as breakfast is £16.95 per person at the hotel. Had we stayed in a Premiere Inn we would have been refunded the cost of our room under their Good Night Guarantee. At least they have confidence in their product.
So, Holiday Inn Bloomsbury, once again you prove you are the bottom of the pile for a good nights sleep, service and quality. Obviously there is no quality checking on bed condition as part of the routine cleaning of the room and I can only assume they are more interested in taking the money than offering quality. I would not recommend.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to Holiday Inn London - Bloomsbury, a modern and stylish hotel in London's West End, perfectly located for all of your leisure and business needs. The hotel can be found just off Russell Square Tube Station, close to St Pancras International Rail Station, which is very convenient for those travelling by Eurostar. Holiday Inn Bloomsbury hotel is also within easy reach of many of London's tourist attractions: The British Museum, Madame Tussauds, London Zoo and the West End theatres, not to mention the amazing shopping in Oxford Street and Covent Garden. The hotel is easily accessible for the O2 and also has a direct train link to Emirates Stadium, the home of Arsenal Football Club. Our state-of-the-art Academy Conference Centre boasts 14 meeting rooms that can cater for all requirements from training courses, boardroom meetings and conferences to Weddings and Dinner Dances. The Holiday Inn London Bloomsbury Hotel offers facilities for disabled guests along with accessible bedrooms, and two bedrooms with a hoist. The hotel is proud to have won Best Disabled Facilities Award 2007 'Accessibility for All' at the Meetings and Incentive Travel Awards. High Speed Internet Access is available in all bedrooms. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Expedia, Odigeo, Ctrip TA, Booking.com, Priceline, Hotels.com, Hotel.de, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Holiday Inn London Bloomsbury reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn London Bloomsbury Hotel London
- Holiday Inn Bloomsbury London
- London Holiday Inn