About forty graduate students and I stayed at Holiday Inn London Bloomsbury for about 14 days during the month of July in 2010. Initially I did not like the twin-sized beds, as our hotels in the United States have queen-sized beds, however I got over it after I realized that's just how it is in Europe. The two concierges are very patient and helpful, breakfast is hearty, the "Tube" (metro system) is located literally right behind the hotel, great restaurants and places of businesses (post office, bank, supermarket, internet cafe, etc.) are in the vicinity, and a laundromat is down the street. My colleagues and I felt very safe in this area of London. The air conditioner setting in the hotel room is dependent upon your choice of comfort, so if you're American like me and prefer an air conditioned environment, this is the hotel for you. My roommate and I were fortunate to have a small refrigerator in our room, however it is not common. We also had a room with a view, so be sure to request a room that faces the outside, otherwise the inside view is bland. The only that thing that would have made my stay perfect would have been free wifi internet service either in our room or the hotel lobby (at the very least). Internet access rates in the rooms are expensive, especially if you're on a student budget like me. Overall, if I were to travel to London in the future with family, this is where we would stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to Holiday Inn London - Bloomsbury, a modern and stylish hotel in London's West End, perfectly located for all of your leisure and business needs. The hotel can be found just off Russell Square Tube Station, close to St Pancras International Rail Station, which is very convenient for those travelling by Eurostar. Holiday Inn Bloomsbury hotel is also within easy reach of many of London's tourist attractions: The British Museum, Madame Tussauds, London Zoo and the West End theatres, not to mention the amazing shopping in Oxford Street and Covent Garden. The hotel is easily accessible for the O2 and also has a direct train link to Emirates Stadium, the home of Arsenal Football Club. Our state-of-the-art Academy Conference Centre boasts 14 meeting rooms that can cater for all requirements from training courses, boardroom meetings and conferences to Weddings and Dinner Dances. The Holiday Inn London Bloomsbury Hotel offers facilities for disabled guests along with accessible bedrooms, and two bedrooms with a hoist. The hotel is proud to have won Best Disabled Facilities Award 2007 'Accessibility for All' at the Meetings and Incentive Travel Awards. High Speed Internet Access is available in all bedrooms. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, IHG, Odigeo, Hotels.com, Ctrip TA, TripOnline SA, Agoda, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, Ebookers, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com, Cancelon and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Holiday Inn London Bloomsbury reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn London Bloomsbury Hotel London
- Holiday Inn Bloomsbury London
- London Holiday Inn