“This is a GREAT place to stay while in London!!!”

Holiday Inn London Bloomsbury
Ranked #401 of 1,077 Hotels in London
Reviewed 11 July 2010

About forty graduate students and I stayed at Holiday Inn London Bloomsbury for about 14 days during the month of July in 2010. Initially I did not like the twin-sized beds, as our hotels in the United States have queen-sized beds, however I got over it after I realized that's just how it is in Europe. The two concierges are very patient and helpful, breakfast is hearty, the "Tube" (metro system) is located literally right behind the hotel, great restaurants and places of businesses (post office, bank, supermarket, internet cafe, etc.) are in the vicinity, and a laundromat is down the street. My colleagues and I felt very safe in this area of London. The air conditioner setting in the hotel room is dependent upon your choice of comfort, so if you're American like me and prefer an air conditioned environment, this is the hotel for you. My roommate and I were fortunate to have a small refrigerator in our room, however it is not common. We also had a room with a view, so be sure to request a room that faces the outside, otherwise the inside view is bland. The only that thing that would have made my stay perfect would have been free wifi internet service either in our room or the hotel lobby (at the very least). Internet access rates in the rooms are expensive, especially if you're on a student budget like me. Overall, if I were to travel to London in the future with family, this is where we would stay.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled on business
HIBloomsbury, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn London Bloomsbury, responded to this reviewResponded 27 July 2010

Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our hotel on TripAdvisor!
I am really pleased that you were looked after by our helpful concierge team, and that you found our hotel secure.
I appreciate your point about the internet prices and I will pass the comments on to the relevant people.
Looking forward to welcoming you back to our hotel soon.
Kind regards,
Elena Corbioli
Front Office Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (2,799)

Reviewed 11 July 2010

yes, this is a pretty standard place BUT it is £5 in a cab from Euston station, 2 minutes walk from Russell Square tube station, right next to a good pub - the Marquis of ?(forget the next bit) and the tiny Chinese restaurant about 4 doors up from that, is as good as anything you find in Chinatown. There is a Waitrose and a tesco about a half minute away - so all in all a great location and that is as much as you can ever want in London.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 July 2010

I visited here on business, and was very busy so I saw little of the hotel or its staff, but there wasn't anything to entice me to hang around there. However, it is my custom to write about the places I stay in, and I didn't see why I shouldn't tax myself to say something of the Holiday Inn in Bloomsbury.

The location is excellent: close to many attractions like the British Museum, and some excellent architecture, though its own design is unforgivably poor (think local council building circa 1983). The approach makes you feel as if you are visiting a factory.

Room was very small, bathroom the same, but all places in London are stuck for space. Breakfast good, staff very professional, but barely a native amongst them. Mind you, London these days seems organised solely for young people from member states of the EU to do some overseas work experience and perfect their english, so this is not so unusual. The system for the lifts has, I think, become commonplace in Holiday Inns, where the thing won't move without you inserting your room card (=very irritating if you have your bags and stuff). There is a tired looking barbecue area out the front that seemed occupied by even more tired looking boozers whenever I walked past it. Whilst someone clearly thinks this is a good idea to improve the sight of the place, the layout of the front could do with some serious rethinking to move away from the industrial/civic building feel it has. All in all, an unremarkable experience.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 3 July 2010

Comparing to others hotels in the same category this one is not good at all, and has a lot of inconvenients, cheafly in the bathroons.. the doors are to heavy, the water tap is made of plastic which make it very hard to open without breaking... Indeed to achive the hot water you should pass by the cold one and shower can be a bad expierence..
The room is not so bad. But, internet service is not fair, cause they charge by I.P. (each computer) and not by room, as it should be...
I´ve been twice in London before and stayed at Radisson Edwardian, which has the same price, but service and location are much better...
I am going to avoid Holliday Inn on my next hollidays...

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled with friends
HIBloomsbury, Manager at Holiday Inn London Bloomsbury, responded to this reviewResponded 27 July 2010

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write on Tripadvisor about your recent stay with us at the Holiday Inn London Bloomsbury.

We would like to thank you for your invaluable comments. We do appreciate guest feedback as it gives us the chance to improve and enhance the service we deliver at the hotel.

We sincerely hope you will give us the opportunity to welcome you back at the hotel.

Yours sincerely,
Management Team

Reviewed 1 July 2010

Stayed for a night, friendly at check in and the room was pretty decent (i did have an exec room though so cant comment on the others)

Didn't eat here but it seemed busy and there was a irish bar attached/next door

Tube station was right around the corner, overall good hotel and I will stay again

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 29 June 2010

First stay at this particular Holiday Inn and it rates highly amongst the others I have stayed in.
On check -In I was acknowledged as a platinum priority member,something that doesn't happen at all Holiday Inn Hotels, and check-in was completed swiftly and without fuss. Lobby area was bright and clean, the room was up to standard although a bit small,I was not upgraded because of occupancy levels but got a package of Executive benefits.
ate in the bar area and the food was fine and I liked the ambience with the comfy furniture.There is an outside seating area where a BBQ was on offer.

All the staff I came I contact with were without fail curteous and helpful.
A good hotel and one I would recommend
On the general point of staff at holiday inns, in all my stays(and there have been many) I have never come across anyone,be they room attendants,reception staff,bar staff,waiters,hotel management etc who have been anything less than professional in their jobs,helpful and friendly.It is one of the main reasons I stay loyal to the brand.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled as a couple
HIBloomsbury, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn London Bloomsbury, responded to this reviewResponded 7 July 2010

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write on Tripadvisor in connection with your stay with us. It is particularly warming to receive an evaluation like yours and to know that our efforts to provide superior service and hospitality are represented by all our staff. Please be assured that I will thank all the team for making your stay an enjoyable one.

Thank you again and I hope that we will have many more opportunities to serve you in the future.

Your sincerely,
Elena Corbioli
Front Office Manager

Reviewed 27 June 2010

Have been staying in Holiday Inn whenever I go on business to London. Location is extrmelly good and so is the neighbourhood. Very close to the undergroud station.

All ameneties provided to make your hotel saty comfortable.

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled on business