“2 night stay”

Prince William Hotel
Ranked #855 of 1,072 Hotels in London
Reviewed 11 December 2013 via mobile

I was struggling to find a hotel with in my budget when this one pooped up on late rooms fir 48 pound. After reading the reviews i was'ent exspecting much at all. The hotel is in fair condition but i have stayed in better, but wgen i arrived the recetion were very nice so one star for that. Their is free wifi in the room with a great connection so one more star. And the shower was a good one too an the beds were clean so another star giving the place 3 star. The decor is basic and so is the room far from fancy in anyway. But for the price and being away for work it was ok. I wouldent stay with my wife but ok for woeking away.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
There are newer reviews for Prince William Hotel

Reviewed 6 December 2013 via mobile

Rooms were pretty good budget to say its central london but they are VERY small rooms VERY VERY SMALL T.V my room was right at side of lift shaft. Which i heard people all night making noise. Not really impressed. Location of the hotel is great! alot of food shops and a grovnser casino just up the road. Wifi had good connection aswel.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 16 October 2013

So we were not looking for anything fancy..just a place to crash for the night after a long day in London but this place does not even qualify for that! We got back in the night to our room only to find out that the toilet does not work! So we had to go down to the reception to complain about that and then minutes later, the guy at the front desk comes and tries to fix it and then later tells us that we would have to move to a different room on the top floor. So we relocate in the middle of the night through the stairs as the elevator does not go to the top floor. The beds here are a joke! I wonder how the mattress can even pass as a real one! It is really hard and the room is extremely hot! Again, let me tell you that I was not really hoping for luxury at that price and I was just expecting to have the basics but this hotel has nothing going for it except the location! The second night, we were dead tired but for a moment, we actually dreaded to get back to this hotel to sleep, so we ended up coming back to the room really late! The only reason I have given it 2 stars is because of the location (pretty safe even late night) and its proximity to the Paddington Station, this really helped us as we had to get to Windsor and the Big Bus stop is also within walking distance. But avoid this if you can find a better hotel in the same area!

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 October 2013

Having read all these horrific reviews online AFTER we booked a room, I was quite anxious to see if it was as bad as I had imagined. But I must admit, I got positively surprised!
Yes, the room was extremely small, and you could literally hear the person next door opening a bag of chips. But we got fresh towels everyday, the bed was okay (I mean, an okay bed will do, you're only gonna sleep on it anyways). The breakfast was okay, you had two types of bread: White and some kind of whole wheat, and of course a toaster. You had different kinds of tea (of course), coffee, different types of jam and marmelade, cheese, also croissants.
It's kind of central, about a 5 minute walk from the nearest Underground, and then two stops and you're at Oxford St., I think.
The staff was okay, but be aware that they don't give good recommendations, especially not when it comes to restaurants... (PS: Also, the staff won't let anyone else besides whom the room is booked for, enter. So you can't have any visitors...)
So, to sum things up: If you're on a budget, and you want something central and cheap, this might be the place for you.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
3  Thank Elisabeth B
Reviewed 12 October 2013

If you're in London, everything is expensive. So this hotel is a nice way to keep your budget low. Small rooms, but clean. Very friendly staff and helpful. A basic breakfast with a small variety in choice of food. But, clean, nice and a good way to start the day.
It's close to Paddington station, so connections to the entire city at the doorstep ! Very good location.
It's not a five star hotel, keep that in mind. But a clean room, a toilet and shower is all I need, and this hotel gives me what I need: the basics.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 September 2013

2 star hotel , small room without air-conditioner but location in the heart of city. small bathroom, short distance to metro/tube. very hot at the end of august. lift was old-fashioned, reception room was good. facilities for laundry was limited.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 13 September 2013

The staff was friendly and helpful. The room was generally clean. I think the reviews differ depending on the room they were allocated. You can hear the people next door and also those with rooms next to the elevator may suffer. Breakfast was good, though it could have been better.

The location is central and convenient, especially if you travel from Heathrow airport. However, the hotel needs a serious refurbishment! That would improve a lot the impression it gives to visitors.

Room Tip: Rooms away from the elevator and not as high as possible to avoid the noise from the street.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business