Stanley House Hotel
Marne Hotel(London)
  • Room Service
  • Bar/Lounge
1,200 results
All reviewscoach stationbuckingham palaceclose to victoria stationclean towelscooked breakfastcheap hotelbig benperfect locationcentral londonthird floorbreakfast was includedfull englishfamily roomtea and coffee
Reviewed 16 February 2012

This is a good location, but what made this hotel stand out for me was the staff. I was traveling alone on Christmas Eve and had nothing to do, and the staff made sure I had a great experience. This isnt something you'd expect in a such a big city like London, but they were kind, courteous, and really know the city!

My room was sized exactly what I would expect for the price I paid for the room, but it was clean and comfortable. I would not hesitate to stay here again, as it was one of the best customer service experiences I've ever had at a hotel.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled solo
Reviewed 29 January 2012

Obviously we knew that this would not be perfect, but we found our stay very unpleasant. I was just relieved we were out at a party so did not spend much time there. Firstly, we booked double room, but were given a twin, and could not change to double as none left. That would have been OK, it was how dirty the room was that I did not like. Handprints on the wall, filthy lightswitch, broken bed, had to pull the bed out to reach the plug socket and behind was very dirty. We did not trust the cleanliness at all so used spare clothing we had brought with us to sleep on. There isn't a single feature about this hotel I would recommend. Maybe other rooms might be slightly better, but not ours. And to top it off, when we arrived back from the party freezing and tired, there was someone randomly lying on the hall floor. Quite an overall experience!

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Dannibenyon
Reviewed 21 December 2011

It's an old hotel with 30 rooms and the breakfast room at the lower floor. My room was very basic and the bathroom is really small, tiny sink and shower. The position is excellent. If you like to walk you can go to Westminster, Buckingham, Harrods... on foot. Otherwise the Victoria station underground is 2 minute walking. I had an english breakfast, pretty good. If you don't expect too much, it' s good option.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank patrizia-pat
Reviewed 28 November 2011

It is cheap, just walking distance to Victoria Station and Victoria Bus Station and traditional english breakfast.

The breakfast was surprisingly good, wasn't expecting it. Rooms are a bit outdated, but it didn't matter as long as it is clean and the bed are comfortable as we were out most of the day. The staff are pretty friendly.

As long as you do not put high expectation, this hotel is good enough for budget traveller who do not want to spend more on accommodation and are not comfortable to stay in a hostel. I gave this hotel a 'very good' rating for the breakfast and location itself.

Room Tip: Request the second floor
  • Stayed: April 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank karulann
Reviewed 25 November 2011

after been let down by our first booked hotel , we arrived here and asked if they had any rooms available and the man behind reception was great and said he had one available after 10 am and would keep it for us . the double room was large and had all facillities , tv en suite etc and was nice and clean . all you would expect for a budget hotel . breakfast was good and excelent service full english was available and othr customers requests were been prepared aswell .good position for victoria station about 5 min walk , lots of nice resteraunts in the ajoining streets a very pleasurable trip .next time i will book direct with them .

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple