“Not quite Platinum service”

London Marriott Hotel Kensington
Ranked #249 of 1,063 Hotels in London
“Not quite Platinum service”
Reviewed 15 December 2013

Nice hotel and the bar staff are particularly friendly and helpful - they make some good cocktails :) However as a Platinum customer, disappointed in the room we were given and the service when we questioned it, especially after we've stayed at this actual hotel a number of times & had also booked friends in. Quite disappointed.

Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
4 Thank Sanfaz
John L, General Manager at London Marriott Hotel Kensington, responded to this review, 9 January 2014
Dear Sanfaz
Thank you for taking the time to review the Kensington Marriott. I am so pleased that you enjoyed our bar service and had the opportunity to sample some of our cocktails. I do hope we can welcome you back to the hotel on your next trip to London, hopefully next time we will have the opportunity to upgrade your room.
John Laird

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (297)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Ann Arbor, Michigan
Reviewed 14 December 2013

Spent 6 nights here in December and found the property to be top quality and the staff very service focused and incredibly helpful and friendly. The location is a short walk to the Underground with providing easy access to anywhere in London. I highly recommend this hotel and will return if I am lucky enough to have another trip to London.

My wife and I attended Wicked at the Apollo Theater one evening and departed without her scarf. The hotel concierge worked with my wife to call the Apollo Theater, and confirm her scarf was turned in to lost and found, and determined how to make the short trip to retrieve it; what a great experience.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Joe F
Dear Joe F
Thank you for taking the time to give your feedback on the hotel. I am happy that you found the location convenient and that you would highly recommend us. I am delighted with your comments regarding our associates, in particular that our concierge was able to help your wife be reunited with her scarf! We look forward to welcoming you back to Kensington.
UK
Reviewed 12 December 2013

On a major route into/out of London, close to Earls Court and Gloucester Road tube stations.

Standard rooms are small, but beds are comfortable.

Decent executive lounge

Good bar staff

reception staff went out of their way to make our stay a pleasant one, sending a lovely fruit platter when they found out it was our wedding anniversary!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear PJT99
Thank you for taking the time to write a review on Trip Advisor for your recent stay at the Marriott Kensington. I am very pleased that you chose to stay with us for your anniversary celebration it was our pleasure to serve you and I am pleased you enjoyed your experience. We look forward to seeing you again on your next visit to London.
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 10 December 2013

Stayed here in September with my Family. I don't know if we were upgraded to a better from than I booked, or if the staff just gave us a family room but We loved it.

Two LARGE double beds (2 adult, 2 kids) a separate sitting area with a coffee table and Sofa, plus a desk and free internet. And loads of space in the room.

The Beds are fantastic.

And for once, a decent TV with great pictures. I know that sounds picky, but most hotels have such crap TV pictures and kids can be choosy…..

I could live there.
The staff were incredibly helpful and offered us and early checkin (9am !) and couldn't stop being helpful.

We only stayed for 3 nights, and wished we were staying longer.

Short (5-10 minute) walk to Gloucester road tube station, Sainsbury's directly opposite.

Breakfast was fantastic. Staff were eager to accommodate my kids (Age 10 & 8) with pancakes… they loved it. Food was great.

We will be staying here next time we visit London

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank O D
John L, General Manager at London Marriott Hotel Kensington, responded to this review, 17 December 2013
Dear O D
Thank you for such a positive review of the hotel. I am pleased that you and your family had a good break in London and enjoyed the hotel and the facilities we have to offer. I am delighted too that your children were well taken care of and especially that they enjoyed their breakfast pancakes! We look forward to seeing you on your next trip to London.
Birmingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 8 December 2013

My husband stayed at this hotel last night and I wanted to surprise him so I called the hotel and Cassandra the duty manager went above and beyond to help me sort it. She was absolutely fantastic and i can't thank her enough.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
Dear Susiegen1
Thank you for your review of the hotel. I am delighted that Cassandra was of assistance in planning your surprise and I will pass on your comments to her. I hope you choose to stay with us on your next trip to London.
Bexhill East sussex
Reviewed 3 December 2013

Stayed 1 night and was very impressed with this hotel, which is very close to underground and lots of restaurants. Had a very speedy check in with very pleasant staff and very nice size room, over looking the atrium. The TV in the room was not working and on making a call to house keeping, it was fixed with a few minutes. The was very warm even with the air conditioning on all night. Breakfast was good with a nice variety of options.
I was presenting a course and was really impressed with the help in getting the room right and Muhammad was brilliant in setting the IT going for me. Thank You.

Would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Rooms looking into the Atrium
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Dear Nikkisingh
Thank you for taking the time to review the Kensington Marriott. I am so pleased that you enjoyed your stay I will ensure your kind comments regarding Muhammad is passed on to him I am very happy he was able to be of assistance. We do get a lot of feedback about the convenience of our hotel and our location to nearby attractions. We look forward to welcoming you back on your next trip to London.
London
Reviewed 3 December 2013

We stayed here (unfortunately just for one night!) for our daughter's birthday, taking in also a concert at the Royal Albert Hall.

Firstly location: the location is great, on the Cromwell Road, about 20-25 min. walking distance to the RAH and a leisurely 25-30 min. walk to Harrods. Lots of other shops, cafes, restaurants etc. along the way together with a couple of supermarkets. The area never felt crowded with tourists which again was a bonus.

Hotel: The front of the hotel is quite basic looking but the old adage of "never judge a book by its cover" holds true here. Whilst not luxurious it is extremely comfortable, inviting and clean. It is only 8 storeys and although on the busy Cromwell Road, the double glazing is extremely efficient. We decided to upgrade our rooms to Executive Rooms and although expensive it was definitely worth the extra money for a special occasion. Indeed, the hotel upgraded our daughter and grand-daughters to a Superior Room so they took good care of us. They also sent her a fruit basket which was a lovely gesture and much appreciated. Our rooms were well appointed, clean and comfortable. The Marriot chain does supply the most comfortable beds! We also had access to the Executive Lounge which was well maintained with coffee, water, soft drinks etc. available - again, definitely worth the upgrade.

All the staff we encountered were helpful and informative, everyone extremely pleasant.

We would definitely stay here again and can thoroughly recommend the Marriott.

Room Tip: We had a room on the 8th floor, on the side. Very quiet although we could see the Cromwell Road fr...
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
Dear Patch007London
Thank you for taking the time to write a review on TripAdvisor for your recent stay at the Marriott Kensington. I am very pleased that you chose to stay with us for your daughter’s birthday celebration it was our pleasure to serve you and I am pleased you enjoyed your experience. I am delighted to know you found the hotel and guest room comfortable and clean, plus the bed so comfortable! We look forward to seeing you again on your next visit to London.