London Marriott Hotel Kensington
US$187
Agoda.com
US$203
1,701 results
All reviewsthe executive loungecromwell roadearl's courtthe natural history museumvictoria and albert museumpiccadilly lineminute walkjunior suiteconcierge desktube stationheathrow airportconvenient locationlocation is excellentkensingtonharrodsatriumsupermarket
Reviewed 27 May 2014

It's difficult to get excited about a hotel in London, and the London Marriott in Kensington is no exception to this rule. It's a nicely appointed, well located hotel offering good value.

It's conveniently located between two tube stations - Earl's Court and Gloucester Road (Gloucester Road being the closer and probably better connected of the two) - in a very nice part of the city. The V&A museum, Science museum and Natural History Museum are all within a few minutes walk with Hyde Park being a few minutes further on.

There are plenty of restaurants in the vicinity so you won't be stuck for somewhere to eat, but beware some are 'tourist traps.'

The room we had was comfortable, clean and well equipped. It was also pleasantly quiet.

The staff were all very pleasant and the service was efficient.

We only ate once in the hotel (a breakfast) and it was fine.

If you can secure a room at a reasonable price, I'd recommend taking it - you won't be disappointed.

Room Tip: Our room seemed to be to the side of the hotel - it was very quiet, but, as you might expect, it had no view. This didn't bother us as we were more interested in getting an undisturbed night's sleep.
1  Thank David L
John L, General Manager at London Marriott Hotel Kensington, responded to this reviewResponded 30 May 2014

Dear DaveyBikeBoy,

Thank you for taking the time to complete a review of the London Marriott Hotel Kensington.

I am very proud to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and my team looked after you. Thank you very much for your lovely comments, I am so happy to see that you were happy with our service and found the location to your liking. We are very proud of our team and our hotel and I am happy to see that you enjoyed your stay.

Kind Regards,

Reviewed 26 May 2014

The hotel is close to the Glouster Rd. Tube station and the V&A. Very convenient for my favorite run - Hyde Park / Kensington Gardens. Nice rooms. Helpful staff. Convenient for the Sainsbury across the street. Good base for visiting London.

1  Thank Pinotpomeroy
Reviewed 23 May 2014

I have been to London several times this year and this was my first stay at the Marriott - I got a good deal on Expedia. I am an elite Marriott rewards member and the front desk went out of their way to provide an early morning check-in which after a long flight was appreciated. It's about a 6 minute walk to the Gloucester Rd. tube station but be advised that the access to the PIccadilly line will be closing soon for renovations to the lift. I was pleasantly surprised that the room was fairly large for London. There is a Starbucks in the lounge for coffee and a lighter breakfast. The hotel is close to some of the major museums and lots of good restaurants. We all know this is a different experience from many of the boutique hotels in the city but the price was right and I had no complaints. All in all a pleasant and experience.

1  Thank Debbie H
John L, Front Office Manager at London Marriott Hotel Kensington, responded to this reviewResponded 26 May 2014

Dear Debbie H,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience here with us at the London Marriott Hotel Kensington.

We are very pleased to receive your nice comments on the quality of the services in the hotel. We truly appreciate you sharing your thoughts with us so that we may continue to deliver exceptional service in the future.
We sincerely hope that your stay was an enjoyable and memorable one.
We look forward to welcoming your back to us during your next trip to London.
Kind Regards

Reviewed 21 May 2014

Stayed here for 2 nights on our trip to London as it's a handy spot and right next to the Piccadilly line so transport to oxford street and the theatre district were a breeze . No mention of my gold status on check in and no room upgrade also had to go back down to the front desk to get the keys activated in the lounge breakfast was good both days Strange the level a tip charge to your bill each day in this hotel for some reason when it's a buffet we didn't use the hotel bar so can't comment on that all in all we will defo use this hotel again for our base for London trips

Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
John L, General Manager at London Marriott Hotel Kensington, responded to this reviewResponded 24 May 2014

Dear doddsy 69,

I am happy to see that you enjoyed your time here with us and my team looked after you and have inspired you to return to us. My apologies if you feel that your membership was not acknowledged during your stay, I can assure you we appreciate your loyalty.

Thank you again for your feedback and I very much look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel on your next trip to London.

Kind Regards,

Reviewed 18 May 2014

I have stayed a couple of times at this hotel. There are some parking places, but they are limited, so shout in advance if you need to park there. However, with the tube, reasonable taxi fares and a good bus service, why anyone would want to drive in Central London is beyond me.
The location is excellent and the nearest tube (Metro) station is 5 minutes away.
Beware central London is not cheap! However, the staff can advise you of cheap and reasonable places to eat, just ask. They know their patch!
The rooms are very well appointed and clean. They had a recent refurbishment so everything looks new and fresh. The rooms are not lit enough, ok for relaxing, not good enough for reading..
The place is SO handy for so many places in London , and the well informed reception staff are so helpful and friendly. You will get around easily with their help. Note the hotel does a better exchange rate than banks. Check it out. Overall, it is a nice place to stay at. I never ate there so I can't comment on the food. Just ask the guys there and they will direct you to some modestly priced great restaurants

Room Tip: talk to reception
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple