“Didnt seem like a Marriott....”

London Marriott Hotel Kensington
Ranked #245 of 1,069 Hotels in London
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
“Didnt seem like a Marriott....”
Reviewed 24 July 2014

oddly located though positioned as well located this Marriott while having a jazzy exterior is a total flop in book interior wise.

rooms are TINY literally TINY and the dining options are very limited alongside the bar as well

I would not recommend this hotel for London visitors though they may be a few quid cheaper then the competition I don't think saving that money is worthwhile....

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Syedarehman
John L, General Manager at London Marriott Hotel Kensington, responded to this review, 25 July 2014
Dear Syedarehman,

Thank you for taking the time to complete a review of the London Marriott Hotel Kensington.

I hope you had a wonderful time during your visit to London and I am so sorry that you thought our rooms were not up to your expectations with regards to their size. I hope that my team were able to look after you well during your time with us and you have many good memories.

Thank you again for your comments.

Kind Regards,

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (314)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Kettering, United Kingdom
Reviewed 15 July 2014

I've stayed at this hotel a few times. Its handy for all the sights and although its part of a huge chain the staff make you feel well cared for. On this occasion I was attending a work function. My room was ready even though I was early. The room was well appointed and the bed linens are always especially nice. I had coffee in the bar prior to going out and Nikolay was a star. Later I had a night cap and he was still there, still a star, as was Rahim. Breakfast was pure knockout. The best poached eggs ever. I think the chef was called Kai. We also had blueberry pancakes to die for. I was checked out by Francisco who was a charmer and the nicest person I've met in a long time. Altogether I though the visit was great, mainly because of the friendliness of the staff. I spent my career in the service industry, so I always look out for this aspect of a stay and try to remember names and give credit where credit is due. Well done to the whole team at Kensington Marriott!!

Room Tip: There was 24 hours of free wifi in the public areas. In room wifi was chargeable.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank KellyNN16
New York City, New York
Reviewed 13 July 2014

I just stayed here for one night. It is a good location to walk to many museums and shops or to take the tube from Earl's Court station anywhere in London. The rooms are small, but sufficient. The breakfast was decent. The servers were great. The main issue we had is that we asked for a wakeup call early in the morning as we had an early flight. It never happened. Had I not had the common sense to set a backup alarm on my iPhone we would have certainly missed the flight. When we called down to the front desk for a taxi the receptionist said she would look into it the wakeup call issue for us. She ended up walking to our room on the second floor and knocking at the door to tell us our phone wasn't working. Either they didn't call us at all with the wakeup call or if they did and saw that no one was answering you would think they would walk down and knock on the room door to wake us up. I love London and have been to the city many times for both business and vacation. I will definitely return to London, but unless the price was excellent I would not stay here again. I much preferred the Radisson Edwardian Vanderbilt a little bit further down Cromwell Road.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank jill m
John L, General Manager at London Marriott Hotel Kensington, responded to this review, 16 July 2014
Dear Jill M
I am happy to see that you enjoyed our location and the convenient transport links. I apologise that there seemed to be an issue with your phone volume and that you missed your wake up call. I do hope that we have the opportunity to welcome you back to the hotel on your next trip to London.

Kind regards

John Laird
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 13 July 2014 via mobile

There are lots of boutique hotels in this desirable area, & after a week at this hotel I'd recommend any of them over this terrible hotel. Despite a confirmation, we were rudely informed at check in that our requested room type was not available, our room was very old, tiny & generally dark & depressing. Food is hit & miss ... enjoyed some (soups, salmon) then you would have some terrible dishes (lobster roll, cold fries & chicken burger). General staff are good ... concierge is fantastic (thanks guys for all your help organizing tours & cars), & food staff very friendly & helpful. Unfortunately front desk staff are NOT there to help you. I'll not be back.

Stayed July 2014
4 Thank Sav1972
John L, General Manager at London Marriott Hotel Kensington, responded to this review, 15 July 2014
Dear Sav1972
Thank you for your feedback further to your recent stay at the London Marriott Kensington. I am sorry we were unable to offer your requested room type, unfortunately your stay was during a period of extremely high occupancy as there were several events taking place in London during this period.
I am pleased our concierge team were of assistance and I will take your comments regarding our food offering to our Executive Chef.
Please do contact me directly if you choose to return to the London Marriott Kensington and I will ensure we meet your needs to provide a comfortable stay.

John Laird
Yorkshire
Reviewed 10 July 2014

This hotel is ideally located if you are interested in visiting the V & A, Natural History and Science Museums, as they are only a short walk away. We had a double room, which was away from the front, and meant we were not disturbed by traffic noise, if there was any.

Room facilities are fairly standard, but bed was surprisingly comfortable. The room service meals were served on time and were well presented. We found the portions to be a little large, but good. Breakfast is served in the restaurant and is self select hot and/or cold buffet. The meal was enjoyable. We were lucky to secure senior discounts, look out for deals.

We enjoyed our stay. Very friendly and efficient staff.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
sollentuna
Reviewed 30 June 2014 via mobile

Ok hotel but rooms a bit dated. Wifi at £6 per hour is a joke when room is £270. A/c quite loud. Gym is 20 sqm so not useful. Location is good with access to Hyde park. Service was good. Got lounge access by mistake which was good so did not try breakfast.

Stayed June 2014
1 Thank flindmark
John L, General Manager at London Marriott Hotel Kensington, responded to this review, 2 July 2014
Dear Flindmark,

I am happy to hear that my team looked after you well and gave you the high standard of service we have come to expect, especially from my concierge team. I am happy to see that you enjoyed our location and the short distance to Hyde Park and other local attractions. I apologise that you did not find our facilities to your liking however, our brand new gym is close to opening its doors very soon and we hope that you will return to try it for yourself .
I very much look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel on your next trip to London.

Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed 28 June 2014 via mobile

Stayed here on a family trip. There was a mix up with our booking thru booking.com . We had paid in advance for two deluxe rooms adjoining but instead we got one deluxe room and an inferior double room with little closet space which had one double bed and an uncomfortable fold out couch which was almost wedged against the dressing table. The staff did try to compensate with free wifi in the rooms a breakfast upgrade , wine,fruit and (we had acess to most of this anyway as we had paid for the executive liunge access)a 50 pounds voucher for dinner in the hotel . Dinner in the hotel was only ok slow and a bit tasteless where the salad and the ribs were concerned . It was great having Acess to the exec lounge as so much is provided in there such as wine , beer, snacks, papers, wifi , pc, and it's a great place to sit and chat at night . Overall a good hotel and staff do try their best. The concierge also provides an excellent service

• Stayed June 2014
1 Thank eileen h
John L, General Manager at London Marriott Hotel Kensington, responded to this review, 1 July 2014
Dear Eileen H,

I am sorry to hear that due to a mix up with your rooms, you were unable to get the room that you desired. I am happy to see that my staff tried their upmost to look after you and make you as comfortable as you could have been with access to our Executive Lounge and a meal in our lovely restaurant. I will be sure to personally pass your comments to our team so as to ensure continuous development for the future.