Lowest prices for your stay
Get rewarded with One Key
Hotels.com
Get rewarded with One Key
Marriott Hotels
£351
Book Now with Marriott Bonvoy
neesonf
Dublin, Ireland

Very good hotel n a good location

4.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 8 Apr 2024
I have previously stayed here so this was my 2nd visit. Located in a good area in Kensington, close to the tube, shops, cafes etc. Kai checked me in and was an asbolute pleasure to deal with. He is a credit to the hotel and to the Marriott group overall. I received an upgrade which was much appreciated ( I would note I do find the rooms in general quite small so if you are a couple/have kids I would definitely check the room category/space carefully). Room and bathroom were spotless. The only slight negative comment was that I had asked for a quiet room and my room was interconnecting with another room. The sound proofing between the 2 rooms was unbelievably bad and both nights I was kept awake by the people beside me - every word of conversation was audible and one night the tv in the other room was left on all night. They were not going out of their way to be loud at all but the interconnecting door seemed to let all noise travel through and if I had been staying for longer I would have requested to move ( even though I was very grateful to have an upgraded room!)

All in all, a very good stay and I will definitely stay again when back again in the Kensington area.
Date of stay: April 2024
    £60
4.8 miles from London Marriott Hotel Kensington
View more hotels in London
2,146 results
All reviews the executive lounge cromwell road earls court the natural history museum victoria and albert museum earl s court piccadilly line minute walk concierge desk junior suite heathrow airport tube station early check hotel is in a great location kensington harrods atrium
Selected filters
Reviewed 1 April 2024

I will never stay anywhere else in London- this was the most magical hotel experience that exceeded expectations in every way.
The staff were terrific, they were friendly and accommodating at all times. Drew went above and beyond to make our stay great. The room was generous, clean and comfortable. A few impressive details were the handwritten note, the chocolates and the lovely towel animals like we were on a cruise. We were very impressed that the breakfast was outstanding. Lots of choice and everything was fresh and delicious. The lounge at night was a lovely surprise. Wonderful location and just 2 blocks to the tube. We LOVED our time here and WILL be back

Room tip: Don’t miss the breakfast
1  Thank Sudoseppo
Reviewed 27 March 2024

I stayed here 4 nights. It was a great stay and I would definitely return. I loved the morning buffet breakfast. If you needed a stronger cup of coffee, the staff was always willing to go out of their way to be of service. I was waited upon my four nights by Ahmed and Cecilia and was able to practice my French and Spanish with them. I love staying at Marriott hotels when possible. It always reminds me a bit of home. I am not sure the name of my housekeeper. But I was on the 3rd Floor and she was just so attentive and did a great job cleaning our room. Thanks Marriott for a great stay. Oh, the tube is about 500 meters away. It is a nice walk to Earl's Court or the Olympia station. Enjoy!

Room tip: Marriott is not a budget brand. But this Residence Inn was very affordable since there were three of us travelling and needed three beds.
Reviewed 23 March 2024

Good location close Earl’s Court and Gloucester Road tube stations. Our Executive room was quite small with an equally small en suite shower room. It was fine for an overnight stay but might be a bit claustrophobic for anything longer. We were, however, very impressed with the sound insulation which completely blocked out all the traffic noise.

The Executive lounge was pretty good with decent food and beer/wine served from 5.30pm. However, at times, the staff could not keep up with demand, with no plates, glasses, etc being made available.

The breakfast buffet was a basic affair and served in the Cast Iron grill (and not the Executive lounge). It included an omelette station which was poorly managed...our omelette was made with the wrong ingredients and not delivered to the table. Service from the staff was not good either, with fruit bowls and other items not being replenished.

One plus point is that customers of the hotel get free access to the impressive Gym Way gym next door (accessed from outside the hotel).

Date of stay: February 2024
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Ash Khouakhi, Guest Services / Front Office at London Marriott Hotel Kensington, responded to this reviewResponded 27 March 2024

Dear guest,

I hope this message finds you well.

I wanted to take a moment to express my sincere gratitude for the constructive feedback you recently provided. Your insights are incredibly valuable to us as we continuously strive to improve our service.

Your thoughtful comments have given us a clear direction on areas where we can enhance the experience for all our guests. We truly appreciate your honesty and the time you took to share your thoughts with us.

Please rest assured that we are taking your feedback seriously and will be implementing necessary changes accordingly. Our aim is to ensure that every guest has a positive and memorable experience with us.

Once again, thank you for your valuable input. We look forward to welcoming you back soon and providing you with an even better experience.

Warm regards,

Reviewed 20 March 2024

I recently stayed at the Marriott in Kessington and was very pleased with the hotel. Let’s start off with the room. Spacious enough for my family of 5. I had 2 beds with a pull out sofa. Staff came and made our beds and cleaned the room up every day while we stayed. The bathroom was small but I expected it. I had a tub and a shower. My only complaint was the bathroom ceilings. The light should have a fan attached so the bathroom doesn’t get so steamy. Also a coat of high gloss paint for bathrooms is needed. The condensation was starting to build up and you don’t want mold.
The front desk was very helpful and the concierge was also helpful. Late night happy hour if your a memeber they have a room with drinks and food for free. Or you can ear at their local restaurant the cast iron which was nice. I can forget the or morning spread which was lovely. To feed adult kids this was great to start our day.
The tube was not too far about a 10 min walk which is nice because I heard it can be loud. Overall nice location. I was told my family and I are staying in a “Posh” location.

Reviewed 18 March 2024

In spite of the fact that the hotel is in a very convenient location, this has been a disappointing stay. We booked an executive room. There is no closet, just an open small hanging area, and no where to put our clothes. No drawers of any kind. We were reduced to just piling our clothes around the room on the floor. One small desk chair and no where else to sit but on the bed. Very few places to charge our devices. Dim and confusing lighting. The hotel hallways are also dimly lit. Considering what the room cost, I would have expected at least another chair, and somewhere to put my clothes. I doubt that we would stay here again.

Room tip: Be sure of what you're getting before booking a room. Ours was really unacceptable, and we should have refused to accept it.
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Ash Khouakhi, Guest Services / Front Office at London Marriott Hotel Kensington, responded to this reviewResponded 18 March 2024

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your experience while staying with us. Your experience of your stay is below our standard.

Providing the highest level of hospitality is our number one priority and I sincerely apologize for failing to meet your expectations. I have shared your feedback with the hotel leadership team to inform them of your experince in order to prevent such inconvenience from occurring in the future.

I hope you choose to stay with us again when your travels bring you back to the area.

Front Office Team