“A good base when in London”
Review of The Rembrandt

The Rembrandt
Ranked #230 of 1,076 Hotels in London
Reviewed 12 November 2012

We have been lucky enough to stay here on numerous occasions. Located opposite the V&A, within walking distance of the Piccadilly line, so you can get a direct tube from Heathrow airport to South Kensington station.
Out of the hotel turn left and just down the road is a Waitrose. Out of the hotel turn right after a little stroll is the world famous Harrods.
With helpful and friendly staff, spacious 'Grand rooms' and a lovely breakfast, I would and have recommend this hotel as a base for a trip to London.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business

Reviewed 10 November 2012

We spent a night here on a theatre trip to London. The location makes this hotel a strong contender if you're looking for somewhere central, well served by tubes and buses, in an attractive part of town. Our room was very clean and comfortable and commensurate with its four star rating, but given what it cost I'd have been upset with anything less! If you're visiting on expenses the cost is probably not a great consideration but as a private visitor I would say that, value for money-wise, the Rembrandt was average for a 4* hotel.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 November 2012

I keep returning to The Rembrandt Hotel because the other equallly priced hotels in the area have been disappointing with their lower standard.The rooms at the Rembrandt are comfortable and clean, nothing fancy nothing shabby, with traditional decor and reasonably sizes bathrooms. Of importance to me is the clean carpet, curtains that darken the room and low-noise level from both the busy road and the corridor.
Considering the location, close to Knightsbridge (shopping and restaurants), the V&A museum, the Natural History Museum and South Kensington tube stop etc, I believe you get excellent value for money at this hotel.
The breakfast buffet is acceptable, not fantastic but I didn't expect more. With a variety of choises there is no reason to walk away hungry.
The service is friendly and accomodating, no complaints. I am always happy to return to this hotel.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Tova G
Reviewed 5 November 2012

I booked this hotel in a package with British Air.My usual West End hotels having had their prices launched into the stratosphere .Unfortunately due to Hurricane Sandy I was forced to stay 3 days longer than I had booked..My 1st room booked as part of the package was excellent, somewhat larger than the usual rooms at a hotel of this class.As the week went on both my room and the prices kept going up while the square footage went lower.I ended up in a closet sized room in the garret for 50% more than my 1st room.I can't really hold it against them, so many people forced to stay over,I am sure they filled the place. Except for the restaurant manager the staff was considerate and helpful.The location , across from The Victoria and Albert Museum,around the corner from the south Kensington tube,and just a few block from Harrods, couldn't have been better.

Room Tip: Take the back, it's quieter
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 5 November 2012

I stayed at this hotel for a week in July with my daughter. This hotel must be rated / expensive because of its location. Although I was expecting the room to be small I was not expecting it to be 4 star with no AC and just generally shabby. We had a fairly hectic agenda so were not in the hotel for most of the day but after sweating in bed for 3 nights I had to complain on the front desk. They told me in a rather snooty tone that I was not the only one in a room that hadn't been renovated ( comforting to know??) and that there was a table fan. The Night shift manager was more accommodating and said that I could change my room to a renovated room that did have AC. We did move room and that was a 100% better. My sisters were also booking into the hotel so I pre-warned them to ask for a renovated room, which they consequently insisted on at check in. Their room was even better than mine and with what appeared to be a jacuzzi bath. ( However they later discovered this did not work). Breakfast was very average, they appeared to run out of fresh fruit quickly and everything else was mediocre. A lot of the staff did not speak proper English and were hard to understand. The location of this hotel is great, tube very close and lots of nice restaurants.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank 859Kathy
Reviewed 3 November 2012

Located right across from the Victoria and Albert Museum, the Rembrandt Hotel is so well-located. The tube stop is a SHORT walk away in Thai Square, where local restaurants offer a virtual cornucopia of choices from fine dining to patisseries with the BEST coffee and goodies. The Rembrandt is also only a couple of blocks' walk to Harrods-that London icon of style and luxe. My room was spacious and clean, and the beds were comfortable. In the bath, I would have liked a few more towels, and as an American, a face cloth or two!The included buffet breakfast was plentiful with many hot and cold choices and a great way to fortify ourselves for a full day of sightseeing. Also the bus line stopped practically in front of the Rembrandt's door. The staff was helpful and accommodating, and there was free wi-fi. Since I arrived about 10 AM after and international overnight flight, the staff took care to make my room available as soon as possible, and cheerfully held my bags until the room was ready. I will return to the Rembrandt for my next London visit and recommend it without reservation.

Room Tip: Ask for a quiet room and they will do their best to make it extra-quiet. Mine was overlooking a quie...
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank islandtravelgal
Reviewed 2 November 2012

This is the 4th time I"ve stayed here in 15 years,,, it still serves very well. Our room was larger than I had remembered and looked over a quiet street.. The location just can't be beat.. removed from the masses in London and yet near the V and A and so close to bus stops and the tube, also a walk to the Royal Albert Hall, Hyde Park and more.. since last time there are so many more restaurants and shops within a few minute walk to the hotel. I would definitely stay here again.. My only negative is that those British sausages, which I so love, were definitely not up to other competitors (in fact the ones in British Air for breakfast were better!). The lounge area appeared to be not as clean as I would have expected. PLEASE NOTE THE HOTEL WILL GET YOU A CAR TO AND FROM HEATHROW, MUCH SAFER, EASIER AND SAME OR LESS THAN A CAB IF YOU HAVE MULTIPLE TRAVELERS. just let them know your baggage and traveler requirements, we barely fit into the one that was ordered as they didn't realized we had big suitcases.

Room Tip: we were in room 375, that side of the hotel has a much better view than the other side.
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled with friends