“Excellent!”

Ranked #223 of 1,068 Hotels in London
Phoenix, AZ
“Excellent!”
Reviewed 26 November 2013

I stayed at The Rembrandt in Nov. 2013. It could not be more perfect!. I had room 653, it had a view of Victoria and Albert Museum. The king room was roomy, with king bed, small table and 2 chairs and huge desk. The bathroom was small but had counter space and nice spa tub. The housekeeping was spotless. Front desk did check in a few minutes, they were friendly and helpful. The breakfast buffet was huge, with any kind of food you may want, the staff in the breakfast area were fast and very friendly. The waiter remembered every day my tea. We had a drink after the theater and sitting by the fireplace was like sitting in a beautiful home. This hotel is with in walking distance to Harrods and Harvey Nichol, across the street from V and A Museum and Natural Museum. South Keningston Underground station is maybe 2-3 books and easy to get almost everywhere in the city. Note: Portebelle market is wonderful. It is the busy on Sat. (go early).I would stay at the Rembrandt Hotel again and recommend it as a great place to stay in London!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
SarovaHotels, Guest Relations Manager at The Rembrandt, responded to this review, 28 November 2013
Dear TRavelbarry
Thank you so much for your informative and positive review of The Rembrandt. I am delighted that you describe the hotel as “excellent” and “perfect” and then allocate us five stars, extremely high praise, thank you. I am pleased that all aspects of your stay met or exceeded your expectations and that you found our accommodation spacious, with the desired amenities and also spotlessly clean. Breakfast is the busiest meal of the day, I am delighted to note that you enjoyed the wide selection of items available and that the Food & Beverage team, were efficient and friendly. Like you we love our location, our guests can walk to many top attractions; Hyde Park where the Winter Wonderland is now open, Harrods, Harvey Nichols, The Royal Albert Hall and the three major museums. Portobello Market is always busy, but is it worth a trip and I agree, go early! I always feel that our Lounge bar is like sitting in a beautiful, sumptuous home so I am thrilled that you concur. Our Christmas decorations are going up today so there is a magical, festive feeling in the air. I am delighted that you would recommend us and perhaps on your return visit you could come and enjoy the magic of The Rembrandt and London in December.
Customer Service

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (526)
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
UK
Reviewed 24 November 2013

My wife and I visit London two to three times a year and are constantly trying new hotels and areas to stay. We are yet to find our ideal place or hotel, but the Rembrandt is not it. The room was small and the facilities were average and in need of refurbishment. Service at breakfast was patchy, requests often forgotten or just ignored, although the food itself was very good. The reception staff were better, but could have been a bit more cheery. Location wise the hotel is ideal for the western part of town, the museums etc. Overall an average hotel not charging average prices, we will not return.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank JB30
SarovaHotels, Guest Relations Manager at The Rembrandt, responded to this review, 25 November 2013
Dear JB30
Thank you for taking the time to review The Rembrandt following your recent stay. I am pleased that you enjoyed our fantastic location, opposite the Victoria & Albert Museum, nestled in between South Kensington and Knightsbridge. I am sorry that you were disappointed with your accommodation we do offer numerous room categories which vary in size and facilities. If you had identified to the team that you were unhappy with the room allocated, I am confident that they would have offered you an alternative. I am delighted that you describe our food as good. It is always disappointing to receive average comments, I am sorry that you feel you could not return.

Rhyl, United Kingdom
Reviewed 24 November 2013

this is a very comfortable and luxurious stay.ideal when visiting the rah.a good selection of breakfast foods.rooms were roomy and seductive.the staff went out of their way to accommodate my obstinate dietary requirement.service like this doesn't come cheap,bearing in mind the locale.

Room Tip: the more you can afford the better the room.this is not a place where you can haggle
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear Stephen S
Thank you for your positive review of The Rembrandt. I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us and your visit to The Royal Albert Hall. We are ideally located for the amazing museums, world famous shopping, Hyde Park and of course the RAH. I am thrilled that we provided comfortable accommodation and that you enjoyed a luxurious stay. Thank you for your kind comments regarding the attentive service that your received from the staff, I will ensure that this feedback is circulated to the team. I do hope that we will now become your London hotel of choice.
Hordle, United Kingdom
Reviewed 24 November 2013

I stayed here for two nights in November. Good room, very clean everywhere. The bed was really comfortable. Aircon was efficient and quiet. All the staff were hard working, friendly and efficient.
The location is superb being a short walk from the V&A, south Kensington underground, restaurants and shops.
Sad we didn't get chance to enjoy the spa facilities

Room Tip: Choose a room at the back they are so quiet
Dear Ruth J
Thank you for reviewing The Rembrandt and for awarding us five stars. I am delighted that your enjoyed your two night break and that the accommodation provided was clean, comfortable and quiet. Like you we love our location opposite the V&A, close to the Natural History and Science Museums and a short stroll from Harrods and Harvey Nichols. Our local area has an abundance of restaurants to cater to everyone’s taste requirements as well as budgets. I do hope that you will consider returning to us and next time, hopefully, you will be able to relax and enjoy our lovely Spa.

Copenhagen, Denmark
Reviewed 24 November 2013

Stayed for 5 nights. The hotel is situated in a quiet area, close to South Kensington underground station, just opposite to Victoria & Albert Museum and 10 min walk from Harrods. Nice beds in a smallish room. Some sounds from the other rooms. Breakfast was standard. Friendly staff.

Dear Jesper R
Thank you for your descriptive review of The Rembrandt and for awarding us the top score of five stars. I am thrilled that you enjoyed our fabulous location, opposite the Victoria & Albert and close the Natural History and Science Museum. Situated in between South Kensington and Knightsbridge underground stations, our guests can also stroll to Harrods, Harvey Nichols and Hyde Park. I am pleased that the team were friendly and helpful. I do hope that you will consider returning to us on your next visit to London.
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 22 November 2013

Excellent service. Excellent location. Will stay here again, and will recommend this hotel to everyone.
The staff was so helpful in guiding us to good restaurants, the tube, and attractions.
Breakfast buffet was very good - yummy croissants, excellent variety.
Rooms were very comfortable, and we also appreciated the free WiFi.

Room Tip: Very quiet hotel in spite of its central location.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
Dear princetondartmouth

Thank you for taking the time to review the Rembrandt and for awarding us five stars. I am thrilled that you describe us as the perfect place to stay and that we provided excellent service. I am pleased that your accommodation was quiet, clean, comfortable and that you appreciated the complimentary Wifi in our bedrooms and public areas. Breakfast is the busiest meal of the day and I am delighted that you enjoyed the wide selection of items, especially the yummy croissants! To be personally recommended is high praise and I am thrilled that you would not hesitate to share your positive experience with everyone. I do hope that we have the pleasure of welcoming you back in the near future.

Oslo, Norway
Reviewed 19 November 2013

When in London, my favourite hotel is the Rembrandt in Knightsbridge. I've stayed here a number of times since first discovering it in 2001, several times with my mother, on my own when homesick and fed up with Oslo, and the last three times with my partner, latest now this weekend. When I first came here the hotel had a different look, more floral Laura Ashley country house style etc., then a few years ago there was a refurbishment and the decor now is plainer, more "businesslike" and sober. I preferred the former, but still return time after time. The Rembrandt's location is unsurpassed. Right across the street is the Victoria & Albert museum, three minutes down the road is Harrods and Harvey Nichols; cafés, restaurants and attractions abound in all directions. The building first served as staff accommodation for Harrods at the end of the 19th century and in spite of being located right by the super-busy and noisy Brompton Road, the hotel is surprisingly undisturbed and we slept very soundly in our room. I booked on booking.com but other times I've booked on the hotel's own website, and then also entry to the Aquilla Health and Spa Club, located right next to The Rembrandt. We didn't have time this visit, but last time we were here we made the most of the swimming pool, the sauna and steam rooms, great! Our room was very comfortable and the wifi worked perfectly everywhere we tried in the hotel on our iPads and iPhone, also in the lounge and breakfast area. The staff at The Rembrandt are friendly and very helpful, especially the young lady in the reception when I had trouble printing my boarding pass for the flight back to Oslo. Breakfast is a large buffet where you can make your own toast, enjoy every kind of pastries and croissants, a large selection of jams and spreads, eggs, bacon, baked beans (!) roast tomatoes, all kinds of cereals, fresh fruits, cheeses and yoghurts. Something for all appetites! I've also sent friends/work colleagues from Oslo to The Rembrandt, all of whom returned home more than pleased with their stay. We'll be back as soon as we can!

1 Thank Patricia K
SarovaHotels, Guest Relations Manager at The Rembrandt, responded to this review, 22 November 2013
Dear Patricia K
Thank you for your amazing review of The Rembrandt and for awarding us your top score of five stars. I am delighted that we are still your favourite hotel in London. Our refurbishment programme has proved to be popular with our regular guests as we have updated our appearance whilst being sympathetic to the architecture. You have described our location and local area to perfection. We are extremely lucky to be opposite the Victoria & Albert Museum and a short stroll from the Natural History and Science Museums, The Royal Albert Hall and Hyde Park. Our guests can also enjoy, world famous shopping at Harrods, Harvey Nichols and on Sloane Street. I am pleased that we provided comfortable, quiet accommodation with the added benefit of an extensive buffet breakfast, that was included in your rate. This is the most important meal of the day and we strive to cater to all of our guests tastes and offer both Continental and hot full English breakfast items. Thank you for recommending us to your friends and colleagues this is most appreciated. As a regular guest, I do hope that you are a member of our loyalty programme, Sarova Select, this will entitle you to discounts and offers, every time you stay. If you are not a member please let me know and I can easily arrange this for you. I do hope you will be back soon, Christmas in London is always magical and our decorations are going up next week! Until then on behalf of everyone at the hotel I would like to wish you a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year.