“Comfortable rooms, great position”
Review of The Rembrandt

The Rembrandt
Ranked #229 of 1,077 Hotels in London
Reviewed 6 December 2013

This hotel was booked at the last minute for a business trip. The rate was very good value for money. The hotel itself is conveniently situated opposite the V&A and Natural History Museum and just a couple of minutes walk from South Kensington tube. Having not stayed in this area for many years it was a pleasant suprise to see all of the beautiful Victorian and Georgian buildings in this area looking so stunning.

The staff were helpful and efficient and check in very quick. My room (a club room) was fantastic.. It looked as though it had hardly been used it was so clean. Enough space to feel comfortable in and well designed furnishings. The bed was as comfortable as any hotel bed I have slept in and the hot air heating was so quiet you could not tell it was on... Such a change from some of the rattling systems that you find even in new hotels. the bathroom was exceptional. Spotless.. a double shower and a jacuzzi bath with showerhead... it felt like home from home.. once again it was so clean it felt like no one had used it before.

Breakfast was tasty and good quality.. the only slight downside was that the breakfast room was packed and the staff were struggling to keep up with the ever growing number of guests. they worked very hard and remained polite but there was sweat rolling down the faces of everyone working there.. not quite what you want to look at first thing in the morning.. Maybe 2 or 3 more serving staff would help.

Room Tip: Rooms away from the front are quieter
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank David k
SarovaHotels, Guest Relations Manager at The Rembrandt, responded to this reviewResponded 10 December 2013

Dear David K
Thank you for your informative review of The Rembrandt and for awarding us the top score of five stars. I am thrilled that the Club room met your expectations and was comfortable and exceptionally clean with all of the amenities that you require when travelling on business. To be described as a “home from home” is what we aspire to, as we want our guests to feel comfortable, relaxed and pampered. The Royal Borough of Kensington and Chelsea is one of the most affluent in London and we are lucky to have some of the best architecture; The Royal Albert Hall, V&A, Natural History and Science Museums as well as immaculately kept residential properties. I do hope that we are now your London hotel of choice. On behalf of all of the team, I would like to wish you a Very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.

Customer Service

Write a ReviewReviews (2,794)

Reviewed 5 December 2013

Me and my husband went to London in late November and found this hotel by chance. We had never stayed in this part of London before but decided to give it a go. And we are very happy that we did!

When we arrived we were told that we had been upgraded and had got a club room instead of the superior room that we had booked. So forget about the minimalistic hotel rooms that you usually get when visiting hotels in big cities. The room even had a smaller sitting area with a sofa and two chairs. The bathroom had a shower and a massage tub.

My husband had also secretly asked the hotel if they could put some flowers, champagne and chocolate in the room upon arrival for an additional cost only a few days before arrival. This was no problem so I got a real surprise when the door was opened. We also got a personal note from the hotel wishing us a pleasant stay.

The staff were all really friendly and did everything to help. When we asked for a nice Indian restaurant in the area they phoned for us and made a reservation. When we checked out early in the morning they informed us that the tube station wasn't open yet if we wanted to go to the airport and asked us if we needed a taxi to get there instead. You got the feeling that they really cared for you as a guest.

We also tried roomservice where we got our breakfast served in our room one morning. This worked really well and arrived on time.

Breakfast in itself was maybe what could be improved with a bigger selection, there were for example no boiled eggs in the buffet (but those could be ordered for the room service breakfast) and also not many darker breads to choose from. I would also have a larger selection of what to put on my sandwich, there were mainly just marmalade, maybe also nutella. since I am not so fond of fried things in the morning. But since I am usually a little special when it comes to food I still think most people find this breakfast decent enough, if you like a full English breakfast with beans, sausages, bacon etc. this was all there! And I must say that I liked the selection of fruit, that was a really positive thing. And instead of coffe or tea you could choose hot chocolate which I can really recommend if you're into that, it was really good.

And I also have to say that the cleaning was spotless. The room felt really clean every day and they did an excellent job.

This is my best hotel experience so far anywhere, and I have been to quite a few places. This is actually also the first time that I feel that I would stay here again if I came back. Other places have felt ok and I would maybe return, but I haven't got the feeling that I HAVE TO. But next time in London I'll definitely check into this hotel again, at least if I'm travelling with my husband, because the hotel is perfect for couples.

Summary

Positive things
- The room
- The staff
- The cleaning
- Location, location, location
- Really personal

There really are no negative things about this place, at least not that I could find during this 4-night stay.

I would also like to direct a thank you to Tara who helped my husband with flowers, chocolate and champagne and the personal note wishing us the best experience at the dr Who 50th celebration at ExCel. You really made our stay in your hotel and London special. And we'll definitely be back staying at the Rembrandt.

Room Tip: Doesn't really matter which room you choose, the lift is very quick.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank lothloria

Dear lothloria
Thank you for your informative and detailed review of The Rembrandt. I am delighted that your stay with us was so enjoyable that you were able to award us your top score of five stars. I am thrilled that you have no negative comments regarding your four night break and that you only had positive feedback; regarding the clean, comfortable accommodation, the friendly, attentive staff, the personal service and our fantastic location. As your husband had informed us that you were celebrating a special occasion, I am pleased that we were able to offer you a complimentary upgrade into a higher bedroom category and that you were pleasantly surprised by the lovely celebration package that your husband had arranged via Tara. I shall of course pass on your kind comments to all of the team and especially to Tara, as she helped make your stay memorable. The best feedback that we can ever receive is a personal recommendation and for our guests to want to return and make us their London hotel of choice. I do hope that we have the pleasure of welcoming you back soon! Finally, on behalf of all of the team, I would like to wish you a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.

Reviewed 4 December 2013

I stayed at the Rembrandt for two nights.

Check in went smoothly, they ask for a 50 pound deposit which you can pay with on your credit card or with cash.

The room we got was a twin, it was a good size, had plenty of plugs, a desk had 3 uk power plugs and one north American plug. The only disappointment was that there was scaffolding outside the window. The bath room was large and modern, the shower had terrific water pressure. The room also had a safe as well as air conditioning and heating controls.

WiFI worked extremely well and was included in the rate as was breakfast which was a plentiful and pleasant buffet.

We used the pool one day which was in the attached health club, we had to pay to access it but it was well kept and nice and warm.

The location of this hotel is great, being on a busy street I was surprised how quiet the rooms were.

I would definitely recommend this hotel.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family

Dear Jayawayfromhome
Thank you for taking the time to review The Rembrandt and for awarding us your top score. I am delighted that we provided clean, comfortable, quiet accommodation with all of the necessary room amenities; including European and American power sockets, room safe and a combined air conditioning/heating unit. Complimentary Wifi is available for our guests in our bedrooms and public areas, this is now a must for business and leisure travellers. Breakfast is the busiest meal of the day as it is included in all of our rates, I am pleased that you enjoyed the wide selection of items available from the buffet. Aquilla Health & Fitness is available for our guests for a small daily fee; all of the clubs facilities are available including gym, sauna, steam, Jacuzzi and swimming pool. I will ensure that you kind feedback is circulated to the team, I am delighted that you would have no hesitation in recommending us and I hope we have the pleasure of welcoming you back on your next trip to London. On behalf of everyone at The Rembrandt I would like to wish you a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.

Reviewed 30 November 2013

So this hotel is in a fantastic locatioin. Easy walking distance to many central London sights. Across from the Albert and Victoria Gallery, we lucked into an opening party that we strolled into with ease. It was as close to a rave as I have ever been! Harrod's department store is a couple of blocks away and yes it is a tourist trap but a must anyway, lunch was good and resonable on the top floor. Travelling as a family we were able to get adjoining rooms (tough to do in Europe) which worked well for us. Food in england is never my favorite and the hotel is no exception. Even the breakfast buffet was sketchy. Generally a good stay. We did use th espa and gym too.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank raidersix2002
SarovaHotels, Guest Relations Manager at The Rembrandt, responded to this reviewResponded 4 December 2013

Dear raidersix2002
Thank you for your descriptive review of The Rembrandt and for awarding us five stars. I am thrilled that you loved our exceptional location, directly across from the Victoria & Albert Museum. I am shocked you were able to walk into one of their private parties, lucky you!!!! We are within easy walking distance of a lot of London’s famous attractions such as; The Royal Albert Hall, Harrods, Natural History and Science Museum as well as Hyde Park which now has the amazing Winter Wonderland. I am delighted that we provided comfortable accommodation and that your rooms were interconnecting, which helped you as a family. I am pleased that overall you enjoyed your stay in this fantastic location. I do hope you will consider returning and all that remains is for us to wish you and your family a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year.

Reviewed 30 November 2013

My husband and I stayed for one night in an Executive King. The staff were excellent and there was a real feeling of being somewhere special....there's something about The Rembrandt. I feel a superior room may have been too small so delighted to have occupied such a wonderful room, with the most comfortable bed. As for location, opposite the V&A and a short stroll from major museums with a view of outstanding British architecture, a balcony too.... amazing! Noticed a few families staying and children well looked after so we may be back with our children as it's the best hotel in the best location. Thank you to all and keep up the good old fashioned service. With the Edwardian charm of the interior, a delight (don't replace it) most hotels are too contemporary and have 'lost' the feel of British... with most other hotels you could simply be anywhere in the world, here at the Rembrandt you know you are in the UK......remember the 2012 Olympics, it's what we stand for and it's what tourists are attracted to.

Room Tip: Choose a room that faces the V&A.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank ab700

Dear A B
Thank you for your delightful review of The Rembrandt and for awarding us your top score of five stars! I am thrilled that we met or exceeded your expectations and that we provided comfortable accommodation, with a balcony plus a wonderful view of the Victoria & Albert Museum in a stunning Edwardian Building. As the Winter Wonderland and Santa’s Grott in Harrods are both now open the hotel does attract a lot of families, we also offer interconnecting rooms which is a great bonus. I am thrilled that we also provided excellent, friendly service and that you were made to feel special. I do hope you will return with your family. Personally, I think London is magical over the festive season as there is just so much to see and do, so I am convinced that your family would enjoy it. On behalf of all the team I would like to wish you a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.

Reviewed 29 November 2013

I've been here two days for a business trip, double bedroom. The room was rather large for London standards, too bad the heating was too high and I had to keep the window open at night! Breakfast was good, but I didn't appreciate the fact that for some beverages (like cappuccino) you had to pay an additional cost. Another thing I didn't like was the payment of 50 £ from my credit card at the beginning, in case I wanted to use additional services like the minibar. When I checked out they payed me the whole sum back, but with the change in euro I lost something anyway.
All in all a very good hotel, but some things really could be better.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank Simona B

Dear Simona B
Thank you for taking the time to review The Rembrandt. We always strive to make improvements to our product and service, so constructive feedback is always appreciated. I am delighted that we provided larger than expected accommodation, I am sorry the heating was too high, this should have been regulated through the bedroom control unit. Buffet breakfast is included in all of our rates and we do offer enhanced/different products for a small supplement. Overall you have rated your stay as very good, I will ensure that your comments are shared with the team as there is always room for improvement. I do hope you will consider returning to us on your next business trip.

Reviewed 29 November 2013

we would like to say a big thank you to all staff at this hotel for an extra special stay, the room upgrade, bowl of fruit in room was thoughtful, would recommend this hotel for a stay in London..A special thank you to Duncan & Virginia!!!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank kim s

Dear kim s
Thank you for your fantastic review of The Rembrandt and for awarding us five stars. I am thrilled that your stay with us was such a positive experience and that we were able to offer you a complimentary upgrade with a small gift, to help you celebrate a special occasion. Personal recommendations are always gratefully received and I am delighted that you would recommend us. I will ensure that your kind comments are passed onto Duncan & Virginia our Hotel Manager and Group Operations Manager, no less, as well as to all of the team. I do hope that we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back to the hotel in near future.