“Great location, disappointing facilities”
Review of The Rembrandt

The Rembrandt
Ranked #226 of 1,067 Hotels in London
Liverpool, United Kingdom
“Great location, disappointing facilities”
Reviewed 28 May 2014 via mobile

I booked this hotel for a concert at the Royal Albert Hall. The location was great and Kensington High Street is a lovely place to eat, especially in the sun but the hotel was disappointing for a 4 star.
I specifically chose the place for the adjacent gym and pool but these were hugely disappointing. The pool is very small but is also used for children's swimming lessons during the day. I therefore paid £7.50 not for a restful swim and jacuzzi but for a 5m by 1m area of pool and a small lukewarm jacuzzi.
The rooms too were disappointing. I regularly stay at the radisson grafton by Euston which is also a 4 star but which has much larger rooms. Ours was a corner room which was tiny although luckily the air con was effective.
Finally breakfast was mayhem. I'm not sure of it was a particular busy Tuesday night or if the restaurant is just too small for the hotel but there were very few spare tables at 9am and the place was crowded and noisy.
I had hoped for a relaxing and comfortable short break but this was not what I got at the Rembrandt I'm afraid. I won't be staying there again. Probably need to pay more in that part of town.

• Stayed April 2014
1 Thank EFC0704
SarovaHotels, Guest Relations Manager at The Rembrandt, responded to this review, 6 June 2014
Dear EFC0704

Thank you for taking the time to review The Rembrandt following your stay in April. I am delighted that you enjoyed our location; opposite the V&A and within walking distance of Harrods, Hyde Park, Kensington High Street and The Royal Albert Hall. It is always disappointing to receive negative feedback and I am sorry that we failed to meet your expectations. We have recently retained our four star rating and we strive to offer good value for money for a Knightsbridge hotel. I am sorry that you feel you could not return as we would welcome the opportunity to try and restore your faith in the hotel and demonstrate our usually high standards.

Customer Service

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (524)
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Reviewed 27 May 2014 via mobile

Booked hotel for my fiancées birthday. They sorted out a jacuzzi bath for us and sent up a lovely bottle of wine and fruit platter which was a lovely surprise. Staff were very friendly and helpful. Breakfast was superb they had everything you could think of. Great location only a few mins from the main entrance of South Kensington tube station.

Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
SarovaHotels, Guest Relations Manager at The Rembrandt, responded to this review, 4 June 2014
Dear Scotttommo

Thank you for your lovely review following your recent stay to celebrate your fiancées birthday. I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay and that we provided friendly, helpful service in a great location. If our guests are celebrating a special event; birthday, anniversary, honeymoon, engagement etc , we do like to acknowledge the occasion with a small gift, I am pleased that your enjoyed the wine and fruit. Thank you for awarding us your top score. I hope that we will now be your London hotel of choice and have the pleasure of welcoming you back soon.

Bury St Edmunds, United Kingdom
Reviewed 24 May 2014

we stayed here when we saw James Blunt in April at the Royal Albert Hall which is 10 minutes stroll away. Very close to the museums and places of interest. Very clean and the best hotel pillows I have ever slept on. Bar prices are high but it is London. Would stay here again.

• Stayed April 2014
SarovaHotels, Guest Relations Manager at The Rembrandt, responded to this review, 3 June 2014
Dear Madeline K

Thank you for your positive review of The Rembrandt, following your stay in April. I do hope you enjoyed the concert at The Royal Albert Hall. We are extremely lucky to be in such a prime location close to the RAH, V&A, Natural History and Science Museums as well as being a short stroll to Harrods and Hyde Park. I am delighted that we provided clean, comfortable accommodation with excellent pillows! I am pleased that you would choose to return and we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Duarte, Calif
Reviewed 24 May 2014

We stayed at The Rembrandt for a week. First visit to UK. The hotel is located a few blocks from a nearby underground (Metro) station. The Victoria & Albert museum is directly across the street, and next to it is the Natural History museum. Many good restaurants nearby. We ate Italian, Thai, Lebanese, and good old fish & chips. Two blocks down the street is world famous Harrods. The hotel itself was well maintained and clean. The included breakfast was great and the lounge busy in the evenings and for afternoon tea. Staff was respectful and helpful. Good stay.

Room Tip: It's in a somewhat quiet area, so I think any room would be good.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Dear CaliforniaDreamer49

Thank you for your informative review of The Rembrandt, I am over the moon that we provided a great base for your first trip to the UK. We like to think that we have everything on our doorstep; excellent transportation links via the underground and buses to the rest of the Capital, as well as being close to world famous museums and shopping. There are an abundance of restaurants and cafes within walking distance, I am pleased that enjoyed so many and sampled “fish and chips”. I am delighted that we provided clean, comfortable, well maintained, quiet accommodation in a good location, with professional friendly service. I do hope that you would consider returning to us on your next trip to London.

Charleston, South Carolina
Reviewed 23 May 2014

We had a great stay at The Rembrandt. The location is amazing, close to the tubes, and right across from the V&A museum. There were excellent restaurants close by, and we felt safe walking in the area both day and night. Our room was very large with a large, beautifully appointed bathroom, and full breakfast in the am. Would definitely stay here on future trips to London!

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear chs_83

Thank you for taking the time to review The Rembrandt and for awarding us your top score. I am thrilled that you enjoyed your stay and describe our location as great. We are directly opposite world famous museums, within walking distance of Harrods and Hyde Park as well as being in between two underground stations, South Kensington and Knightsbridge. We are extremely lucky to be in one of the safest boroughs of London, Kensington and Chelsea, so our guests should feel safe to stroll, enjoy the local neighbourhood and discover lots of restaurants, bars and cafes. I am delighted that you would definitely stay here again and we look forward to welcoming you back.

Helston, United Kingdom
Reviewed 23 May 2014

The Rembrandt again lived unto the expectations of being a first class London Hotel. Location is brilliant for the Chelsea Show, visit to the Albert Hall, the museums and also getting into London theatre land.

The standard of accommodation is first class and with a lovely breakfast every day, who could ask for more. The service provided by the staff is very good and we enjoyed the room service meal as well.

We will be back again to enjoy The Rembrandt Hotel, its staff and service.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear David P

Thank you for your detailed review of The Rembrandt following your stay in connection with the Chelsea Flower Show. I am delighted that your experience was so positive and that we lived up to our reputation as being a first class hotel. We are ideally situated for the “CFS” and the hotel is always exceptionally busy during this week. I am pleased that we provided comfortable accommodation with a good, varied, buffet breakfast. I do hope that we will now be your London hotel of choice and we look forward to welcoming you back on your next trip.

yeovil
Reviewed 22 May 2014

Excellent hotel with comfortable rooms and spotlessly maintained. Staff helpful and cheerful - breakfast superb! Unbeatable location in Knightsbridge - and there is a Spa next door available to Rembrandt guests for a small fee.

Room Tip: Rooms at the rear are quieter.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
Dear john h

Thank you for taking the time to review The Rembrandt and for awarding us your top score. I am delighted that you describe us as an excellent hotel and I am pleased that we provided well maintained, comfortable and spotless accommodation with cheerful, friendly service. Like you we also love our location, straddled between South Kensington and Knightsbridge. For a small daily fee, guest can use the facilities of Aquilla Health & Fitness and enjoy the sauna, steam room, Jacuzzi gym or swimming pool. I do hope that we have the pleasure of welcoming you back later in the year.