“Single night stay - Pleased”
Review of The Rembrandt

The Rembrandt
Ranked #223 of 1,077 Hotels in London
Reviewed 18 June 2014

I stayed here with my girlfriend after visiting Winter Wonderland in Hyde Park in December.

From the outside the hotel is impressive and sits opposite the Victoria & Albert Museum. The reception area was also fairly impressive to look at.

I booked through Secret Escapes, and was surprised to learn that we had been given a free room upgrade. The upgraded room was good, had everything we needed (pictures attached) and the staff were extremely friendly.

We also had breakfast included which offered a good range of the typical continental/English buffet foods with good service ensuring that you don't go without your morning coffee/tea fix.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank TomJi1
SarovaHotels, Guest Relations Manager at The Rembrandt, responded to this reviewResponded 24 June 2014

Dear TomJi1

Thank you for reviewing The Rembrandt following your stay in December 2013, gosh The Winter Wonderland seems like a long time ago, especially as we are enjoying Wimbledon and the sunshine!!!! I am delighted that we were able to offer you a complimentary upgrade and that you found the room spacious and clean with all of the amenities you would expect from a four star hotel. Buffet breakfast is included in all of our rates we strive to offer a wide selection of dishes to appeal to all of our guests whether they chose Continental or full English, I am happy that you enjoyed your morning fix for tea & coffee! I do hope that you would consider returning to us.

Reviewed 17 June 2014

Just returned from a weekend break with my partner, mother and niece. Everything was as you would expect when paying this sort of price.

Perfect location on the same road as Harrods - only a few minutes walk. Victoria and Albert museum even closer.

South Kensington Tube station less than 5 minutes walk.

The twin room on the 6th floor was more spacious than we had expected. Our double room also had a whirlpool bath.

Breakfast choice good - Will use hotel again.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
SarovaHotels, Guest Relations Manager at The Rembrandt, responded to this reviewResponded 18 June 2014

Dear Karen T

Thank you for reviewing The Rembrandt following your recent weekend break. I am delighted that we met your expectations and provided spacious accommodation, in the perfect location. We are directly opposite the V&A, close to Harrods and Harvey Nichols as well as being a short walk to Hyde Park. Our guests have easy access to bus routes, one of which is a 24hr service into the West End as well as the choice of two underground stations, either South Kensington or Knightsbridge. I am pleased that you all enjoyed our extensive buffet breakfast and that you would be happy to return and use the hotel again. We are already looking forward to welcoming you back!

Reviewed 16 June 2014

Husband and daughter just spent Saturday night there. They were delighted to get into their room at 10am after coming in on an early flight, very kind of the hotel. Excellent location, nice room, and good breakfast the next morning. Hadn't realised the spa cost extra, wouldn't have taken gear to use it and wasted valuable room in their carry on bags, if known. But all in all really good. Will definitely use The Rembrandt again.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
SarovaHotels, Guest Relations Manager at The Rembrandt, responded to this reviewResponded 17 June 2014

Dear jandcnorris

Thank you for taking the time to review The Rembrandt following your special stay to celebrate your daughters 16th birthday. I am thrilled that we were able to offer you an early check-in, especially after an early flight! I am pleased that we provided comfortable accommodation, in an excellent location with a good buffet breakfast. Hotel residents, are charged a discounted, daily fee to use all of the facilities in Aquilla Health & Fitness, including the swimming pool, gym, sauna and steam rooms, I am sorry that you were not aware of this charge, it is advertised on the hotel’s website. I am delighted that you would definitely return, we look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed 15 June 2014

We stayed 11 nights , our rate included breakfast and in room internet. Every aspect of our stay was excellent. We found the only negative was a long walk to the tube station. The room was very clean and well decorated. We used room service several times and we were very pleased w/the food quality and service.

Room Tip: We booked this hotel at Christmas and this June thru Orbitz and found they had the best rates
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear C R

Thank you for taking the time to review The Rembrandt, I am delighted that you chose to return in June after your stay in December 2013. I am pleased that you feel we provided good value for money as breakfast was included in your rate along with complimentary Wifi. I am delighted that we provided clean, well appointed accommodation with quality food and friendly, helpful service. We are a short walk to either South Kensington or Knightsbridge underground stations, both are less than five minutes away; on your next visit, please allow us to highlight the quickest route. We are already looking forward to welcoming you back on your third visit!

Reviewed 15 June 2014

The Norwegian Shipowners’ Association has used the Rembrandt Hotel for the Maritime Trainee programme since 2009. Maritime Trainee is a 2-year management trainee programme for young masters in business, engineering, and law, involving some 30 world leading companies in the Norwegian maritime industry. The programme comprises six modules, the last one takes place in London. We choose to stay at the Rembrandt for several reasons: The location close to South Kensington tube station, which takes us to Heathrow and West End, as well as to the City of London for our meetings. The easy access to and from Heathrow by taxi. The ambience and friendly atmosphere with long-time employees who know us well. The comfortable rooms, great lounge where the whole group can gather, the meeting and events rooms, and last, but not least: The delicious food.

Tom O. Kleppestø, MSc
Programme Coordinator

Room Tip: Avoid rooms on 1st and 2nd floor facing the street, however they are surprisingly well soundproof. U...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank TomKleppesto

Dear Mr Kleppesto

Thank you for taking the time to review The Rembrandt, following this year’s Maritime Trainee event, it is always a pleasure to welcome you and your colleagues to the hotel. I am delighted that once again, you were happy with all aspects of your stay and that we provided a comfortable, convenient base for your delegates. I am thrilled that the hotel had a great ambience and that the team were friendly and helpful. It is always nice for us to have a rapport with our regular guests, as we strive to be their home away from home. I will ensure that your kind feedback is circulated to all of the team and we are already looking forward to welcoming you back on your next trip, albeit as a solo or group traveller.

Reviewed 13 June 2014

I had read lots of the reviews before I decided to book this Hotel. The receptionist Elise who has only been at the Hotel for a couple of weeks gave us a lovely welcome. She could not have been more helpful. All the staff we came in to contact with were also very helpful. I had asked for special requests for our room as I suffer from allergies and asthma and everything was perfect. The room was very clean and I would have noticed if it was not because it would have affected my allergies. It was a beautiful room and the beds were so comfortable. The breakfast was excellent too. We had a bar lunch on our first day and that was very good as well. We were visiting Queens Club Tennis Tournament and it was a few minutes walk to the tube from the hotel and then only about 3 stops before we arrived at Barons Court Tube Station. It was then only a few minutes to Queens Club. Harrods is about a 5-10 mins walk away and the Victoria and Albert Museum is just opposite the Hotel. I can not praise the hotel enough it was just what I had hoped it would be. Thank you to all the staff who made our visit so enjoyable.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family

Dear louise2013433

Thank you for taking the time to review The Rembrandt, I am delighted to see that you choose to stay with us based on our positive online reviews. I am thrilled that we provided clean, comfortable accommodation, which complied with all of your special request in regard to your allergies, and that you did not suffer any discomfort, while staying with us. I am pleased that you enjoyed all of the meals taken at the hotel, especially our extensive buffet breakfast and Lounge menu. How fabulous for you to have visited the Queen’s Cub Tennis Tournament, this is an extremely exclusive event and we are well located and close to Club, for guests who are attending. Wimbledon is the next Grand Slam and over the years we have been lucky to accommodate previous Champions, players and spectators! Thank you for your kind praise and feedback, I will ensure this is circulated to the team and we hope that we have the pleasure of welcoming you back on your next visit to London.

Reviewed 13 June 2014

This was my 3rd or 4th stay! Before this stay, I was hapy with the standards. I made my reservation through booking.com for an Executive room. However the room wasn't in the Executive Floor. The front desk cleark told me the room type is executive room which was a very small & old room. She didn't changed the room since it was a Booking.com reservation. Normally it must be more important from the others. During check-out time in the morning, there were 2 people at the desk. One of them was trainee the other was careless and rude. Check out took 30 minutes with the trainee. When I requested help from the other lady called Ms.Stephany, she didn't even make an eye contact. I was about to miss my flight because of this. Also service in the restaurant during breakfast was weaker than before. The best thing I experienced was location and cleanliness in the rooms! Thank you to housekeeping team!
Hotel should improve the front office standards as soon as possible!!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business

Dear YKAFADAR

Thank you for taking the time to review The Rembrandt following your recent business trip. As your previous visits have all been pleasant, positive experiences it is disappointing to learn that on this occasion we failed to demonstrate our usually high standards of service. Unlike modern, purpose built hotels, we do not have an Executive floor as our rooms vary in size and shape, our room categories are scattered around the building. If any guest is unhappy with the bedroom allocated to them, then we always endeavour to offer an alternative, if our availability allows, irrespective of how the guests has reserved. Thank you for your positive feedback regarding the clean, comfortable accommodation and our fantastic location. We always use our guest feedback to measure strengths and weaknesses and remedial action is taken if necessary to rectify any shortfalls. I do hope that you would consider returning, based on your previous happy experiences and allow us the opportunity to restore your faith in the hotel.