“Excellent” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #228 of 1,089 Hotels in London
Lincolnshire, United Kingdom
“Excellent”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 June 2014

An excellent hotel! Opposite the Victoria and Albert Museum and close to South Kensington tube station. Beautifully clean in all areas and a fantastic breakfast with everything you might need. (all included in the booking price, unlike so many other hotels that charge you extra)
The food in the bar area (served 11am-11pm) was cooked fresh and extremely reasonable. Jacket potatoes approx £9 and scampi approx £10. All served by pleasant, friendly staff.
Can't wait to stay again!

Room Tip: A little noisy at times but only due to London traffic! Have yet to find any hotel in London that do...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Michelle L
SarovaHotels, Guest Relations Manager at The Rembrandt, responded to this review, 1 July 2014
Dear Michelle L

Thank you for reviewing The Rembrandt following your recent family stay. I am delighted that you describe us as an excellent hotel, in a great location. I am pleased that we provided beautifully clean, accommodation with pleasant, friendly service. Breakfast is included in all of our rates and I am thrilled that you enjoyed the wide selection of items, both Continental and full English. All lounge food is cooked to order and again, I am glad that you found this extremely reasonable and good. We are already looking forward to welcoming you back on your next trip!

Customer Service

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (511)
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Williamsburg, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 June 2014

Fine old hotel wit) lots of updates and so convenient for walking around South Kensington as well as Knightsbridge; you'll see lots of little restaurants to try. For further venturing we walked to the tube at South Kensington Station. The Rembrandt has a large beautiful dining room with hot buffet breakfast (be sure this is included in your room rate). The fabulous Victoria and Albert Museum is very close and admission is free.

Room Tip: The lady at the desk let us look at two different rooms and then decide!
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Barbara M

Thank you for taking the time to review The Rembrandt. Like you we love our location, straddled between South Kensington and Knightsbridge and directly opposite the Victoria & Albert Museum. Now that Exhibition Road has been pedestrianised it makes it easier for guests to walk around all of the fabulous museums as well as strolling up to The Royal Albert Hall and Hyde Park. Guests can also enjoying the multitude of restaurants and cafes, many of which now also offer al fresco dining. Breakfast is included in all of our rates and I am pleased that you liked Palette Restaurant and enjoyed this important meal. I do hope that we have the pleasure of welcoming you back on your next trip to London.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 June 2014

Traveling to an unfamiliar city, chose Rembrandt for needed location and traveler experiences. I couldn't have been more satisfied with the superior accommodations, relaxing lounge and professional. As a past Hilton Diamond Member, I rate Rembrandt 5 stars

• Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Dear Craig M

Thank you for your extremely positive review of The Rembrandt, I am over the moon that we exceeded your expectations and that you would rate us as 5 stars. It is extremely important for us to make our guests feel welcome, comfortable and safe. Our team is on hand to help and offer advice, especially for guests who are unfamiliar with the capital, so I am pleased that this was your experience. I am delighted that we provided comfortable, clean accommodation with a welcoming lounge and professional service. I do hope that we will now be your London hotel of choice – please come back soon!

Bracknell, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 June 2014

For £317 a night for a two person room, what would you expect?

Easy and on time check in?
Amazing spa facilities?
Top notch room that takes your breath away?

My sister and I was bitterly disappointed.

We checked into our twin room (which was supposed to be a double) and it was so small and pokey. Initially they told me our room would only be ready one hour after check in and I told the lady I wanted a room immediately since it was already 30 mins past check in time.

There were two chairs and a table that look like they were lifted from a conference room, the decor was bland, the bathroom was just as small. There were only power points on one side of the bed, the tv was tiny and the bathoom walls were so thin, we could hear the clear conversations from the people in the room above.

We ordered room service which we asked if the Rembrandt sharer platter would cater for two people.

2 chicken wings,
2 prawn bites,
About 4 potato wedges,
3 onion rings
1/2 a 1/2 of garlic bread

each does not count as a substantial meal. The £16 meal turned into a £20 meal with the addition of tray and service charge.

Going down to receive our massage treatments, the service was just average. My treatment involved the masseur playing CD that kept getting stuck and after 3 mins of the stickiness, assuming that she would change the track, I told her to skip it so I could relax. Then my sister and I went to the swimming pool area which was so small and felt like a budget leisure centre. The jacuzzi was nice but the button to turn it on was so far away, you had to get out of the jacuzzi and walk to turn it on again.

The relaxation room was a bunch of uncomfortable leather chairs, 2 bean bags and 2 recliners in a dark conference room with some candles. The only part we liked were the free Frutella sweets.

This place simple was a MASSIVE RIP OFF. I would NEVER recommend this place to anyone unless they like to waste their money. I am just glad we never paid for this room ourselves.

Room Tip: There are no good rooms in my opinion
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
5 Thank Stina_UK
SarovaHotels, Guest Relations Manager at The Rembrandt, responded to this review, 26 June 2014
Dear Stina_UK

Thank you for taking the time to review the Rembrandt following your recent stay, which I can only assume was a package including accommodation, breakfast, Aquilla and beauty treatments. It is clear that we failed to meet your expectations, however, we have recently been independently inspected and have retained our four star rating. We are not a purpose built hotel and therefore all of our rooms vary in size and shape, we strive to provide a detailed and frank description of each room category on our website, along with pictures, so that our guests can then chose the accommodation that best suits their needs. Aquilla is primarily a private members club, again while it did not meet your expectations it is an established venue with a solid, professional reputation, with over 400 members. Your experience and review is most unusual as we regularly receive praise and positive reviews.

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 June 2014

My husband and I stayed her for 5 days for an anniversary/birthday celebration.
The location is great we were able to get everywhere by either tube or walking.
The staff were all friendly and very helpful. We had an executive King room on the
third floor. It was more than enough room, quiet and clean. The bathroom was excellent
with towel warming racks and a Jacuzzi tub. They sent up a complimentary bottle of wine with
a note wishing us a happy anniversary and birthday. Room service was very efficient and
anything ordered came very quickly. The full breakfast included was great (although exactly the same everyday). We always look for a hotel with a bar/lounge and probably our biggest disappointment was the bar. The bartender was not very friendly and the first time we went
to the bar I mentioned that I had been told to try Pimm's with lemonade. He just looked at me
and kind of laughed and then said, well if you really want it, I guess I can make it for you -
(it was on their drink menu). I declined and just got something else. The next time we were there
he still was not very friendly and actually made me uncomfortable ordering a drink - like we were always bothering him- though the bar was just about empty. The only other negative thing would be, there really isn't a doorman. The staff will help you with anything if asked, but my husband always had to try to flag down a cab for us, they do have flashing lights on their overhead, if you
tell them you are looking for a cab and they will put them on.
All in all this is a wonderful hotel for the value, great location, clean with great staff and I
would highly recommend it for anyone staying in London who is looking for a nice location at a reasonable price.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
SarovaHotels, Guest Relations Manager at The Rembrandt, responded to this review, 25 June 2014
Dear lynns25th

Thank you for your detailed review of The Rembrandt, I am thrilled that you had an enjoyable anniversary/birthday stay with us and that you would highly recommend us to anyone looking for a London hotel. I am delighted that we provided spacious, quite, clean accommodation with an excellent bathroom and that we acknowledged your special occasion with a complimentary bottle of wine. Like you we love our location, opposite the museums, close to Harrods and Hyde Park. Transportation around the capital is easy and our guests can use London taxis, the underground or extensive bus routes, also on a nice sunny day it is lovely to walk and explore the city by foot. All of our staff are here to offer professional, friendly service and we should always comply we our guests requests. Pimms is a traditional English summer drink and we should have served this for you without question, our Concierge should always offer to help guests hail taxis as well as using our flashing taxi light. Overall, I am delighted that you enjoyed your five night stay and had a wonderful time. Please come back soon!

Houston, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 June 2014

The Rembrandt may not be your typical Boutique (not very small); but not as large as some of the chains. I have stayed at the Rembrandt perhaps ten times over the last 15 years and it just gets better with each stay. The staff is friendly; helpful and will always help connect you to your wants -- whether that be a local store (Harrod's is right down the street!); a good local restaurant; a play or a cab. Recent renovations have made it even more pleasurable -- the premium rooms are very spacious for a downtown London Hotel. Breakfast is usually included and is very good...bar is open all day and into the night. A great location; a great staff; a great hotel. A little pricey...but it is downtown London and very close to tube stops; great shopping and eating and several museums. If you have time, make use of the spa and gym right next door.

Room Tip: Regular rooms are smallish; a step is probably worth paying the extra $$.
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
Dear Rusty L

Thank you for your detailed review of The Rembrandt and for awarding us your top score of five stars. I am delighted that you are a regular patron and that in your opinion we have improved over the years, our refurbishment programme has had a positive impact. I am pleased that you find the team friendly and helpful, as we strive to be a “home away from home” Breakfast is included in all of our rates, thank you for describing it as very good, I am thrilled that you enjoy our food & beverage offerings. Like you we love our location opposite three fantastic museums, close to Harrods and Hyde Park as well as being within walking distance of the underground and an abundance of local restaurants. I do hope that we have the pleasure of welcoming you back in the near future and I trust that you will always find us to be “in a great location, with great staff and a great hotel”.