The Rembrandt
Doubletree
US$330
US$244
  • Restaurant
Park Grand London Lancaster Gate(London)(Great Value!)
US$184
US$371
US$353
Hotels.com
  • Restaurant
Park Grand London Kensington(London)(Great Value!)
US$134
US$121
2,909 results
All reviewsvictoria and albert museumsouth kensington tube stationgrand roomwhirlpool bathbritish airwaysthe natural history museumhealth clubexcellent locationshort walkfull english breakfastexecutive roombreakfast was includedpiccadilly linelovely hotelbuffet stylemini barearly check
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 6 July 2014

I love to stay at The Rembrandt if i need a hotel in London.
I have stayed as a couple, with friends and as a family group with children.
The family rooms are big enough and I have never been unhappy with any of the rooms,
and they are all very different. Being an older Hotel the rooms will differ a lot, and I have
never been given a small room.
The service is first class and lovely to experience.
The location is excellent for walking to Harrods, and all the designer shops, and walking to the museums is easy also. The concierge is very friendly and helpful, with a taxi rank outside if needed.
For it's excellent location,brilliant service, and English finery, I think The Rembrant is good value.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
SarovaHotels, Guest Relations Manager at The Rembrandt, responded to this reviewResponded 7 July 2014

Dear SueSunshiny

Thank you for reviewing The Rembrandt I am delighted that you are a loyal patron of the hotel and that you have never been disappointed with any of the bedrooms allocated. As you are aware we are not a purpose built hotel and all of our rooms do vary in size and shape, I am pleased that you have always found our accommodation spacious and clean with first class service. We are so lucky to be directly opposite the V&A, close to the Natural History and Science Museum as well as being a short stroll from Harrods, Harvey Nichols and Sloane Street. Our guests can enjoy a mixture of sightseeing and retail therapy! Thank you for awarding us your top score of five starts, I am thrilled that you feel we provide good value for money, in an excellent location with brilliant service. Please come back soon.

Reviewed 6 July 2014

Easy access to South Kensington tube, Hyde Park and nearby attractions. Taxis always accessible. Very good self-serve breakfast. Guests have access to very good hotel health club and pool.

Rooms are clean, small and the double bed was scaled to the room size…normal for London.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear fedoraguy

Thank you for taking the time to review The Rembrandt following your recent stay. I am thrilled that you love our location, in between South Kensington and Knightsbridge underground stations, opposite the V&A, close to Harrods and Hyde Park. We have great transportation links to the rest of the capital, so our guests can travel by foot, use Black Taxi’s the underground or bus routes, all of which are on our doorstep. I am pleased that you enjoyed all of the facilities of Aquilla which are available to hotel residents for a discounted, daily fee. I do hope that you would consider returning to us on your next trip to London.

Reviewed 4 July 2014

stayed here for a third time, another great stay excellent location great breakfast, room wasn't ready when we arrived guaranteed at 2pm not ready till 2-45, was a bit annoying but not the end of the world. Was a bit surprised that there actually debit your card with an amount then credit this back, don't just hold your credit card?

Room Tip: You won't get a better located hotel
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Humphers

Dear Humphers

Thank you for taking the time to review The Rembrandt following your recent stay. I am thrilled that you feel our location cannot be beaten. We are so lucky to be opposite world famous museums and within walking distance of The Royal Albert Hall, Harrods and Hyde Park. Our advertised check-in time is 2.00pm and I am shocked and disappointed to note that we could not immediately accommodate you and that experienced a delay, belatedly I can only apologise, this is most unusual. I am delighted that this was your third stay, I do hope you are members of our loyalty scheme, Sarova Select, so that you can benefit from discounts and promotions. We are already looking forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed 3 July 2014

The hotel was in a great location as we were visiting the Royal Albert hall but I would not agree that their "Superior" bedrooms were in any way "superior". They were unfortunately the smallest double rooms I have stayed in in London. There was about 1-2ft of space around the double bed which for two guests was impractical. We didn't want to spend any time in the room at all. Although the rooms are stated as "newly refurbished" there were many dated features. The bathroom was tiny. I would say this hotel is a 3* and not a 4*. There is also an additional charge for use of the Pool/Spa which was unexpected when the photos of the hotel include marketing of the pool etc. When I questioned the size of the room with the main reception staff they were not at all helpful and basically said it is, what it is. I wouldn't stay there again as I have had better experiences in a Premier Inn which are a great deal more comfortable.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Laurence E

Dear Laurence E

Thank you for taking the time to review The Rembrandt following your recent stay. It is always disappointing to receive negative feedback and I am sorry that we failed to meet your expectations. We have recently been independently inspected and retained our four star rating. Our rooms do vary in size and shape and we strive to offer a detailed, informative description of the hotel on our website with current photographs. Aquilla is adjacent to the hotel however it is available to hotel residents for a discounted daily fee, this is advertised on our website and all booking agents are aware of this additional charge. I am sorry that you feel unable to return, especially as you enjoyed our location.

Reviewed 3 July 2014

In an ideal location across the road from the V&A and around the corner from the South Kensington Tube station. Our room was attractive,modern, clean and the beds comfortable although the pillows were rubbish foam type things. The bathroom great and the shower powerful. Our rate included breakfast which was served in a really pleasant dining room and the offerings were being refreshed all the time so it was hot and tasty. Friendly and helpful staff with the Porter risking life and limb to flag down a cab for me! Plenty of places to eat in the locality as well all a few minutes walk. I'd definitely stay again.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Danielle F
SarovaHotels, Guest Relations Manager at The Rembrandt, responded to this reviewResponded 4 July 2014

Dear Danielle F

Thank you for your positive review and for awarding us your top score. I am thrilled that you describe The Rembrandt as a “great find”. We are so lucky to be in such a fantastic location, directly opposite the V&A, close to Harrods, Hyde Park and with an abundance of restaurants and cafes on our doorstep, catering to all tastes and budgets. I am pleased that we provided attractive clean, modern accommodation with a great bathroom. I am delighted that we provided friendly, helpful service – even if I am concerned about the Concierge risking life and limb!! The best compliment is when guests state that they wish to return – so please do come back soon.