“Les and Anne Yorkshire nice hotel”
Review of The Rembrandt

The Rembrandt
Ranked #226 of 1,077 Hotels in London
Reviewed 19 July 2014

We have stayed at the Rembrandt a few times over the last couple of years, normally on B&B long weekend basis.
The Rooms are very good and very reasonable considering the location. Breakfast is outstanding.
The new look foyer/reception is awful, it looks like the entrance the underground.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
SarovaHotels, Guest Relations Manager at The Rembrandt, responded to this reviewResponded 25 July 2014

Dear Les B

Thank you for reviewing The Rembrandt, following your stay in May, I am thrilled that you are loyal patrons of the hotel. I am pleased that we have consistently provided very good accommodation, which you consider to be good value for money, considering our location. Breakfast is included in all of our rates and I am delighted that you describe this meal as outstanding. I hope that we have the pleasure of welcoming you back in the near future.

Customer Service

Write a ReviewReviews (2,794)

Reviewed 17 July 2014

We had rooms 339, 340, 341 for 2 adults and 4 children. This included the Brompton suite and it was more than enough. There were 3 full baths, plus a powder room and a pull-out couch (so we could've had 2 more guests). I gauge the cleanliness of a hotel on my willingness to a) take a bath in the tub and b) walk barefoot on the carpet. Not an issue here at all. The hotel was immaculate: not a mark on the walls, no mould or mildew in the baths, no funny smells... Housekeeping staff were prompt and discreet. Bedding was warm and comfortable and towels and bath products (even the tp) were luxurious. Really appreciated the blackout curtains: while the windows open for air - rare nowadays - Brompton Road was noisy and busy. AC was a wonderful welcome at the end of a hot day! As a mom, I certainly appreciated the hot buffet breakfast: it was plentiful, varied and delicious. We didn't take advantage of the pool/gym: hours for the children were a bit restrictive and guests are nickelled-and-dimed to death just to use the facilities. Swimming lessons were going on, so it wasn't convenient for us. The hotel bar was large, but very costly. Food on offer was tasty, but service was rather slow and the overall ambiance was uncomfortably quiet (World Cup was on: felt like we were intruding on a church service). Restaurants in the area are also expensive (that's Kensington for you), but charming. We loved the Orsini next door: great food, fun atmosphere and a warm welcome from the staff. Back at the hotel, the bellhop Pablo must be commended for his hard work and devotion to his job. He knew us by name and was always up for a chat. Near the hotel is Harrods (a 5 min. walk) and S. Kensington tube and some very nice little shops and brasseries 5 min. walk in the other direction. Overall, very happy with this hotel.

Room Tip: If you're extremely noise-sensitive, choose a room away from Brompton Road, but we honestly didn...
1  Thank MelMcMillan

Dear MelMcMillan

Thank you for your detailed review of The Rembrandt , I am delighted that you and your family enjoyed your stay in The Brompton Suite and interconnecting rooms. I am thrilled that all of your accommodation was comfortable, spotlessly clean, with luxurious furnishings. Our Housekeeping team strive to offer an effective and professional service whilst also being polite and discreet. Everyone has been extremely grateful for the Air Conditioning especially during the lovely hot, sunny weather we have been experiencing and it is always a welcome relief after a busy day of sightseeing. Breakfast is the busiest meal of the day and I am thrilled that you and the family enjoyed the wide variety available via from the extensive buffet. Guests can choose to have hot cooked English breakfast items or Continental options. There are an abundance of restaurants, cafes and pubs on our doorstep which cater for all tastes and budgets. We are opposite world famous museums, close to Harrods, Hyde Park and The Royal Albert Hall, so there is plenty to see and enjoy. Thank you for your kind comments regarding Pablo, he is a valued employee with over 15 years loyal service, I will ensure you feedback is shared with him and the rest of the Concierge team. I am over the moon that you were happy with your stay and I do hope that we have the pleasure of welcoming you all back to the hotel on your next trip to London.

Reviewed 17 July 2014

I first discovered this hotel near Kensington Palace through a friend who stays there regularly. We enjoyed afternoon tea together at the Rembrandt after visiting the RHS Chelsea Flower Show. It looked really lovely and I decided that I would stay there at some point in the future. Well I needed a good quality hotel near the Royal Albert Hall recently and so my chance came. I booked my rooms on line which was done easily. As soon as we arrived staff at the reception desk were swift to check us in and our rooms were both comfortable, very clean and well-designed. Breakfast - a full English - was delicious and so well -prepared and presented. There were quite a few families staying there and it was clear that the hotel suited their needs too. Our rooms were quiet ones with all the usual facilities. I would certainly stay there again.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family

Dear SueJS2013

Thank you for your delightful review of The Rembrandt, following your stay in May. Our guests can stroll along Exhibition Road and reach the Royal Albert Hall within ten minutes, we are also close to the prestigious RHS Chelsea Flower Show and this is always very busy time for us. I am delighted that we provided well designed, comfortable and very clean accommodation. Breakfast is the busiest meal of the day, as it is included in all of our rates and I am pleased that you describe this meal as delicious, well prepared and presented. I am over the moon that you would choose to return and I hope that we have the pleasure of welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed 16 July 2014

My mum and I stayed here to celebrate her 75th Birthday and we were very impressed by the hotel and the service provided. As requested we were given a quiet room which was immaculate and well presented. All staff were friendly and helpful and our request for extra milk and biscuits for the room was responded to promptly. The location is excellent, in a gorgeous area, close to South Kensington tube station and some lovely shops and cafes. My only small criticism is that the tables are very close together at breakfast but I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank TravellingRita49

Dear TravellingRita49

Thank you for reviewing The Rembrandt and a belated Happy Birthday to your Mum on her 75th Birthday, I am thrilled that we were able to provide a comfortable base for your celebrations. I am delighted that you were very impressed with the hotel and the service provided. I am pleased that we provided immaculate, well presented, quite accommodation in a gorgeous area. We are so lucky to be opposite world famous museums, close to Harrods and Hyde Park and that we have an abundance of restaurant and cafes nearby to suite all tastes and budgets. I am delighted that you would definitely choose to return and I hope we have the pleasure of welcoming you back, in the near future.

Reviewed 16 July 2014

I stayed three nights which it was a business trip. Location is quite convenient ( from Heatrow I took metro ticket valid for three days sub&bus which is veri good deal. It took a hour to arrive south kensington station and by walk eight minutes to the Hotel. Piccadilly line sub and numbers 4-74-414-C1 stop just right a way of the Hotel). Nice well coming , large enough a lobby. Room I stayed was vey comfortable good day lightening fres looking clean. Bathroom was excellent enought size and always hot water clean towels bathrobe etc.. There is indoor pool and health club facility's with a simple extra cost if you like. Breakfast was inluding so I had in hotel. It was Classic English breakfast which I like bean, scrambled egg toas and honey. I had tea but did not like so you may try coffe might be test better then. However there were Danishes, cereals, fresh and can fruits, cheese butter juices etc.. Any one can find some good to full fill to start a rushy day. I do recommnding this hotel for couples and business people.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business

Dear managment5680

Thank you for your detailed review of The Rembrandt following your recent business trip. Guests can travel directly from Heathrow Airport on the Piccadilly line to South Kensington or Knightsbridge and then we are a short stroll from either underground station. I am delighted that we provided very comfortable, clean, fresh accommodation with plenty of natural daylight and an excellent bathroom. Hotel residents can use all of the facilities within Aquilla Health & Fitness for a discounted daily fee. I am pleased that you enjoyed the full English breakfast served in Palette Restaurant , guests can choose from the hot items or the Continental offerings. Personal recommendations are always gratefully received and I am pleased that you would recommend us for business or leisure trips. I do hope that we will now be your London hotel of choice and I hope that we have the pleasure of welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed 15 July 2014

I had Rooms 648 and 650 ("Grand" rooms with walk in showers). These rooms and bathrooms are fantastic. Clean, well decorated, large, comfortable. They sleep 3 people with a
I'll out couch. Bathrooms are beautiful and very modern, with tile everywhere, double sinks, and walk in showers. Free breakfast is fantastic. Whoever complained about not enough bread at breakfast is mistaken. They serve white bread, wheat bread, baguettes, rolls, and fantastic croissants. If you must have fresh eggs with breakfast you will be disappointed, but they had lots of other options including yogurt, cheese, fresh oatmeal (not instant), beans, roasted tomatoes, fresh fruit, ham, sausage, fresh roasted veggies, etc. We had just come from Paris and Normandy, and the croissants are just as good as in France. Hotel location is great, the staff is very helpful. Free wifi that works great. We loved this hotel and would stay here again.

Room Tip: Get the "grand" room it is fantastic.
2  Thank GiovanniMinaldo
SarovaHotels, Guest Relations Manager at The Rembrandt, responded to this reviewResponded 16 July 2014

Dear GiovanniMinaldo

Thank you for your descriptive, positive review of The Rembrandt. I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay and describe us as a “superb hotel”. Grand rooms are our highest category, apart from The Brompton Suite, so they are the largest bedrooms with the highest quality fixtures and fittings. I am over the moon that you liked all of the bedrooms amenities, including the walk-in shower and the large sofa bed. Complimentary Wifi is available for hotel residents in our public areas and bedrooms, nowadays this is a must for all travellers. Breakfast is included in all of our rates, I am thrilled that you appreciated the wide selection of items available and thought our Croissants were as good French ones! Thank you, for your kind comments regarding the friendly, helpful staff I will ensure that your positive feedback is shared with all of the team. I do hope that we have the pleasure of welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed 13 July 2014

The Rembrandt has to be the perfect London hotel. My husband and I shared a room with our 18-year-old son. Our room was so quiet for 4 nights that I was astonished every morning at the number of people eating the fabulous breakfast - I was convinced we had the whole hotel to ourselves. The beds are wonderfully comfortable, and the staff is kind and professional. The hotel is a short walk to the South Kensington tube stop - a direct line from Heathrow and a short ride to whatever you would want to do in London. The V&A museum is right across the street, as is Holy Trinity Brompton Church, home of the Alpha Course. Harrods is a short walk away. I would recommend the Rembrandt wholeheartedly, and hope to return.

Room Tip: Three of us shared a Club Room, which has a king-sized bed plus a comfortable pull-out sofa. My 18-y...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
SarovaHotels, Guest Relations Manager at The Rembrandt, responded to this reviewResponded 15 July 2014

Dear TryAlphaAnywhere

Thank you for taking the time to review The Rembrandt following your recent stay and for awarding us your top score. I am delighted that we provided spacious Club accommodation that was suitable for three adults and that the room was quiet, in a great location. We are so lucky to be opposite the V&A, The Holy Trinity Brompton and close to The Natural History and Science Museums. Our guests can easily access South Kensington or Knightsbridge underground stations and can also walk to Harrods, Hyde Park or The Royal Albert Hall. I am pleased that the staff provided kind, professional, friendly service. Personal recommendations are always most gratefully received and I hope that we have the pleasure of welcoming you and your family back, in the near future.