“Perfect choice”

Ranked #224 of 1,067 Hotels in London
Baltimore, Maryland
“Perfect choice”
Reviewed 21 July 2014

My husband and our oldest son just returned from a 4 night stay. They can't say enough great things about hotel. Perfect location, excellent service and very nice bar area. Rooms very not huge but very appropriate, very clean and well maintained. They really loved the neighborhood and agreed that it was the best area to stay in to be central to so many attractions. Thank you for making the trip so wonderful!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Emma346
SarovaHotels, Guest Relations Manager at The Rembrandt, responded to this review, 25 July 2014
Dear Emma346

Thank you for your lovely review of The Rembrandt following your husbands and eldest sons recent stay, I am thrilled that you think we were the perfect choice. I am delighted that we provided clean, comfortable, accommodation, with excellent service in a perfect location. We are ideally situated for the local museums, Hyde Park, The Royal Albert Hall and Harrods, in addition we also have great transportation links with the rest of the capital. I am pleased that they enjoyed their four nights with us and that we helped to make it a wonderful trip! Perhaps next time you and the rest of the family will be able to join them? I hope that we have the pleasure of welcoming you all to The Rembrandt in the near future.

Customer Service

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (522)
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Eastern Norway, Norway
Reviewed 20 July 2014

A very nice hotel with a great location. Near tube (South Kensington, just 4 minutes walking) and close to Harrods, a must-see in London. Across the street of the hotel you can font a lot of interesting museums, among them Victoria and Albert. Five minutes walk to Hyde Park and Albert Memorial. The hotel offers luxurious rooms, but some are quite small. I stayed at room 347, that was great, with a large, nice bathroom with both jacuzzi tub and a spacious shower. Staff very friendly.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Dear KBnor

Thank you for reviewing The Rembrandt, I am delighted that we are your favourite London hotel. We are so lucky to be opposite the V&A and close to the Natural History & Science Museums, our guests can also easily walk to Harrods, Hyde Park and The Royal Albert Hall. All of our bedrooms do vary in size and shape, however we strive to provide informative and accurate descriptions, including measurements and photographs on our website, to assist guests in choosing the right bedroom category. I am pleased that the team were friendly and that we are your London hotel of choice. We are already looking forward to welcoming you back.

Fairfield, California
Reviewed 19 July 2014

We had a wonderful four night stay at the Rembrandt Hotel. The location was great, breakfast was outstanding, clean and modern rooms, and the staff was friendly. We will stay here again on our next trip to London!

Room Tip: We had requested a balcony room but one was not available when we arrived. Be aware that a balcony i...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Jeanne H
Dear Jeanne H

Thank you for reviewing The Rembrandt, I am delighted that you had a wonderful four night stay and have awarded us your top score. I am pleased that we provided clean, modern accommodation with an outstanding buffet breakfast, in a great location with friendly service. We want all of our guests to have a positive, pleasant experience when staying with us and we also want all of them to return. So please, come back soon!

Catterick, United Kingdom
Reviewed 19 July 2014

We have stayed at the Rembrandt a few times over the last couple of years, normally on B&B long weekend basis.
The Rooms are very good and very reasonable considering the location. Breakfast is outstanding.
The new look foyer/reception is awful, it looks like the entrance the underground.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Les B

Thank you for reviewing The Rembrandt, following your stay in May, I am thrilled that you are loyal patrons of the hotel. I am pleased that we have consistently provided very good accommodation, which you consider to be good value for money, considering our location. Breakfast is included in all of our rates and I am delighted that you describe this meal as outstanding. I hope that we have the pleasure of welcoming you back in the near future.

London, Ontario
Reviewed 17 July 2014

We had rooms 339, 340, 341 for 2 adults and 4 children. This included the Brompton suite and it was more than enough. There were 3 full baths, plus a powder room and a pull-out couch (so we could've had 2 more guests). I gauge the cleanliness of a hotel on my willingness to a) take a bath in the tub and b) walk barefoot on the carpet. Not an issue here at all. The hotel was immaculate: not a mark on the walls, no mould or mildew in the baths, no funny smells... Housekeeping staff were prompt and discreet. Bedding was warm and comfortable and towels and bath products (even the tp) were luxurious. Really appreciated the blackout curtains: while the windows open for air - rare nowadays - Brompton Road was noisy and busy. AC was a wonderful welcome at the end of a hot day! As a mom, I certainly appreciated the hot buffet breakfast: it was plentiful, varied and delicious. We didn't take advantage of the pool/gym: hours for the children were a bit restrictive and guests are nickelled-and-dimed to death just to use the facilities. Swimming lessons were going on, so it wasn't convenient for us. The hotel bar was large, but very costly. Food on offer was tasty, but service was rather slow and the overall ambiance was uncomfortably quiet (World Cup was on: felt like we were intruding on a church service). Restaurants in the area are also expensive (that's Kensington for you), but charming. We loved the Orsini next door: great food, fun atmosphere and a warm welcome from the staff. Back at the hotel, the bellhop Pablo must be commended for his hard work and devotion to his job. He knew us by name and was always up for a chat. Near the hotel is Harrods (a 5 min. walk) and S. Kensington tube and some very nice little shops and brasseries 5 min. walk in the other direction. Overall, very happy with this hotel.

Room Tip: If you're extremely noise-sensitive, choose a room away from Brompton Road, but we honestly didn...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank MelMcMillan
Dear MelMcMillan

Thank you for your detailed review of The Rembrandt , I am delighted that you and your family enjoyed your stay in The Brompton Suite and interconnecting rooms. I am thrilled that all of your accommodation was comfortable, spotlessly clean, with luxurious furnishings. Our Housekeeping team strive to offer an effective and professional service whilst also being polite and discreet. Everyone has been extremely grateful for the Air Conditioning especially during the lovely hot, sunny weather we have been experiencing and it is always a welcome relief after a busy day of sightseeing. Breakfast is the busiest meal of the day and I am thrilled that you and the family enjoyed the wide variety available via from the extensive buffet. Guests can choose to have hot cooked English breakfast items or Continental options. There are an abundance of restaurants, cafes and pubs on our doorstep which cater for all tastes and budgets. We are opposite world famous museums, close to Harrods, Hyde Park and The Royal Albert Hall, so there is plenty to see and enjoy. Thank you for your kind comments regarding Pablo, he is a valued employee with over 15 years loyal service, I will ensure you feedback is shared with him and the rest of the Concierge team. I am over the moon that you were happy with your stay and I do hope that we have the pleasure of welcoming you all back to the hotel on your next trip to London.

Mildenhall, United Kingdom
Reviewed 17 July 2014

I first discovered this hotel near Kensington Palace through a friend who stays there regularly. We enjoyed afternoon tea together at the Rembrandt after visiting the RHS Chelsea Flower Show. It looked really lovely and I decided that I would stay there at some point in the future. Well I needed a good quality hotel near the Royal Albert Hall recently and so my chance came. I booked my rooms on line which was done easily. As soon as we arrived staff at the reception desk were swift to check us in and our rooms were both comfortable, very clean and well-designed. Breakfast - a full English - was delicious and so well -prepared and presented. There were quite a few families staying there and it was clear that the hotel suited their needs too. Our rooms were quiet ones with all the usual facilities. I would certainly stay there again.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Dear SueJS2013

Thank you for your delightful review of The Rembrandt, following your stay in May. Our guests can stroll along Exhibition Road and reach the Royal Albert Hall within ten minutes, we are also close to the prestigious RHS Chelsea Flower Show and this is always very busy time for us. I am delighted that we provided well designed, comfortable and very clean accommodation. Breakfast is the busiest meal of the day, as it is included in all of our rates and I am pleased that you describe this meal as delicious, well prepared and presented. I am over the moon that you would choose to return and I hope that we have the pleasure of welcoming you back in the near future.

Birmingham
Reviewed 16 July 2014

My mum and I stayed here to celebrate her 75th Birthday and we were very impressed by the hotel and the service provided. As requested we were given a quiet room which was immaculate and well presented. All staff were friendly and helpful and our request for extra milk and biscuits for the room was responded to promptly. The location is excellent, in a gorgeous area, close to South Kensington tube station and some lovely shops and cafes. My only small criticism is that the tables are very close together at breakfast but I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed July 2014
1 Thank TravellingRita49
Dear TravellingRita49

Thank you for reviewing The Rembrandt and a belated Happy Birthday to your Mum on her 75th Birthday, I am thrilled that we were able to provide a comfortable base for your celebrations. I am delighted that you were very impressed with the hotel and the service provided. I am pleased that we provided immaculate, well presented, quite accommodation in a gorgeous area. We are so lucky to be opposite world famous museums, close to Harrods and Hyde Park and that we have an abundance of restaurant and cafes nearby to suite all tastes and budgets. I am delighted that you would definitely choose to return and I hope we have the pleasure of welcoming you back, in the near future.