“Great location”
Review of The Rembrandt

The Rembrandt
Ranked #222 of 1,077 Hotels in London
Reviewed 31 July 2014

Good quality, pleasant hotel in excellent location. Fourth floor room, at front of hotel,spotlessly clean, spacious and with view of V & A museum. Very little traffic noise. Free WiFi with fast access. Convenient for parks, museums and Albert Hall. Also close to tube station making travel around London very easy. Efficient restaurant serving especially good breakfast.

Room Tip: Higher floors at front have very little traffic noise.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
SarovaHotels, Guest Relations Manager at The Rembrandt, responded to this reviewResponded 1 August 2014

Dear Margaret D

Thank you for reviewing The Rembrandt. I am thrilled that you describe us as good quality, pleasant in an excellent location. Our front facing rooms have fabulous views of the V&A and I am delighted that your bedroom was spotlessly clean, spacious and quiet. We are close to two underground stations, Hyde Park, Harrods and The Royal Albert Hall, so lots to keep our guests busy and entertained whilst in the capital. Wifi is a must nowadays for all guests and it is important that we provide a quick and efficient service. I do hope that you would consider returning to us on your next trip to London.

Reviewed 29 July 2014

We have stayed at the Rembrant on previous occasions when we have visited the Royal Albert Hall and have always enjoyed ourselves.
This time it was for the BBC Proms. About a twenty minute walk away - and equally convenient for the museums - Natural History and the V & A which is just across the road - literally.
The hotel is very well furnished, lovely restaurant, lounges and bar and the breakfast was amongst the best we have had in central London - and we have stayed at a few. The staff are very polite, friendly and helpful. Our bedroom has been recently refurbished (we were on the 5th floor) and if you keep the window closed there is no sound from outside. This hotel is perfect for what we want and we will be staying there again in a couple of weeks when we go to see another Proms concert.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank DMAH2014

Dear DMAH2014

Thank you for your lovely and informative review of The Rembrandt, I am delighted to note that you are loyal patrons of the hotel and stay with us whenever you are enjoying an event/show at The Royal Albert Hall. As regular guests, I do hope you are members of our loyalty scheme, Sarova Select, so that you receive promotional rates and extra discounts? I am pleased that we provided refurbished, comfortable, quiet accommodation in a convenient location. Thank you for your kind feedback regarding our excellent buffet breakfast. We are already looking forward to welcoming you back in the next few week, when you will be staying with us whilst enjoying the Proms. See you soon!

Reviewed 29 July 2014

We recently stayed at The Rembrandt for 5 days. It was a perfect choice. We paid for early check in and it was well worth it. Our plane arrived at 9:00 a.m. London time and we wanted to rest a bit before setting out to see the sites. The room was lovely and the staff was very accommodating. I cannot say enough good things about the hotel. The location was an added bonus as it is located within walking distance of the metro. The staff at the hotel was very helpful with suggestions for restaurants etc.The free wifi was an added bonus. We enjoyed our stay and highly recommend the hotel.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank travelmavenNewYork

Dear travelmavenNewYork

Thank you for your positive review of The Rembrandt, I am delighted that we provided the perfect base for your five day London break. Like you, we love our location, directly opposite three world famous museums, close to Harrods and Hyde Park plus our guests can easily walk to either South Kensington or Knightsbridge underground stations. When the hotel is full/busy we cannot always guarantee early check-in, so I am pleased to note that after your overnight flight we were able to comply with your request , so that you could rest prior to a busy day of sightseeing. I am pleased to note that the team were friendly, helpful and informative. Thank you for highly recommending us and I hope that we will now be your London hotel of choice.

Reviewed 28 July 2014

A friend recommended The Rembrandt, and what a great tip it was! Now I won't stay anywhere else in London. Wonderful large, quiet room, lovely staff, and most of all, a terrific location. I didn't hear a peep from the elevator, which was close by, or any other indoor or outdoor noise. Having the option of (included) breakfast delivered to the room was much appreciated. The Rembrandt as a base really made this trip exceptional.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
SarovaHotels, Guest Relations Manager at The Rembrandt, responded to this reviewResponded 31 July 2014

Dear JanetHS

Thank you for reviewing The Rembrandt and for awarding us your top score. I am so pleased that we lived up to your friends recommendation. I am thrilled to note that now you will not stay anywhere else when you are in London! I am delighted that we provided large, quiet accommodation in an excellent location that became a great base for your trip. Breakfast is included in all of our rates, however guests can opt to have this served in their bedroom via Room Service, for a small fee and enjoy an extra long lie in. I am over the moon that we are now your London Hotel of choice, we are already looking forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed 27 July 2014

What a great find for our family trip to London. We stayed this month for four nights and then after four nights in Paris returned for a night before returning home. Our room was more than sufficient for the three of us (incl a female teen who knows how to stake out half a room in a heartbeat) and we were ecstatic with the size of the bathroom. Concierge service was enthusiastic and accommodating, but not all the personnel were as knowledgeable as the lead concierge (exceptional). Front desk personnel were adequate. Enjoyed the bar / lounge area a couple of times and service was very good although the prices steep (no more so than London in general). Our last night at The Rembrandt my daughter and I watched half the World Cup final in the lounge - place rocked. That last night we upgraded to a suite, sort of a grand finale - we lived large and fully exploited the services - memorable. Lastly, the hotel is walking distance to Harrod's and all that store offers (prepared food area is truly remarkable) and the neighborhood offers a vast array of restaurants, great architecture and cafes for people watching. I had seen a handful of negative comments before our trip, but candidly we didn't encounter any issues. Recommended.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the Victoria & Albert (V&A) - street traffic may be a bit more audible...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
SarovaHotels, Guest Relations Manager at The Rembrandt, responded to this reviewResponded 29 July 2014

Dear DB-Orange

Thank you for your great review of The Rembrandt. I am delighted that we exceed your expectations and that you enjoyed both of your stays, with us, whilst on your family vacation in July. I am pleased that the triple room was more than sufficient for your needs and that you were surprised by the spacious bathroom. Our Concierge team are here to serve and offer knowledgeable advice on London and all that it has to offer, I am pleased that Kieran, our Head Concierge provided exceptional service. How fantastic that you chose to upgrade to The Brompton Suite, for the last night of your trip, what a fitting grand finale. I love this suite and I am thrilled that you exploited its comfort and luxury. We believe that we have everything on our doorstep, amazing museums, world famous shopping at Harrods and Harvey Nichols, our guests can also walk to Hyde Park and The Royal Albert Hall. South Kensington and Knightsbridge have an abundance of restaurants and cafes, which cater to all tastes and budgets and are great for people watching!. I am so pleased that you enjoyed your stay and would recommend us. I do hope that we will now be your London hotel of choice and we look forward to welcoming you back on your next trip.

Reviewed 27 July 2014

This hotel is close to the major museums and Harrods etc. The room was clean and the fact that one could open the window doors was tremendous. Free wi-fi is a major plus. I travelled with my two granddaughters and they could go swimming in the indoor pool. Pity the pool closes at 18:00 for kids and sometimes only open after 11:00. The breakfast was ample and very tasty. The hotel is pricy but so is the whole of London and I was happy to pay for the location and amenities. I would recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the streets if you intend to open your windows in summer. However, don'...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank daleen51

Dear daleen51

Thank you for taking the time to review The Rembrandt, following your recent stay with your granddaughters. I am pleased that your experience was positive and that we provided a child friendly environment with an indoor swimming pool, in a great location. We offer complimentary wi-fi in all of our bedrooms and also in the public areas, nowadays it is a must for all guests irrespective if they are on business or leisure. We are so lucky to be opposite the V&A, Natural History and Science Museums as well as being close to Harrods, Hyde Park and The Royal Albert Hall. I am over the moon that you would chose to recommend us and I do hope that we have the pleasure of welcoming you and your family back to the hotel in the near future.

Reviewed 25 July 2014

Nothing is too much for the the employees in the hotel. The concierge Abel was particularly helpful and went out of his way to find me a tennis coach.
Location is great interior is tasteful but most of all is the personalised service from each and every member of staff. I would highly recommend the hotel.

Sunita Sehmi www.walkthetalk.ch

• Stayed: July 2014

Dear Sunita1966

Thank you for your positive review of The Rembrandt and for awarding us your top score. I am thrilled that you would highly recommend us, especially for our personalised, attentive service. Thank you for your kind feedback on Abel, I would ensure that you comments are shared with him and the rest of the Concierge team. Like you we love our location opposite world famous museums, close to Hyde Park and Harrods. I do hope that we have the pleasure of welcoming you back on your next visit to London.