“Perfect for us...”
Review of The Rembrandt

The Rembrandt
Ranked #229 of 1,077 Hotels in London
Reviewed 27 August 2014 via mobile

We've stayed at the Rembrandt a couple of times now. The location is close to everything from taxis to bus to the Tube. Restaurants, Harrods right around the corner. She neighborhood. Breakfast is included.Rooms are small, even the exec. Twin so buy up as much as you can afford. Rooms in the back are quieter if that's important to you. Kieren at the front desk helped us with everything. Nice bathrooms. Decor slightly dated but who's sitting seeing there when there's London to explore!

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank dottylobby
SarovaHotels, Guest Relations Manager at The Rembrandt, responded to this reviewResponded 28 August 2014

Dear Dorothy K

Thank you for taking the time to review The Rembrandt, I am thrilled that we were perfect for you! We love our location, close to the museums, opposite a 24hr bus route into the West End and in between South Kensington or Knightsbridge underground stations. Our guests can also walk to Hyde Park, Harrods or Buckingham Palace. I am delighted that Kieran our Head Concierge was helpful and provided useful advice and information. Breakfast is included in all of our rates, I am pleased that you enjoyed this important meal and the variety of dishes available. Rooms at the back of the hotel are predominantly quieter as they overlook a quiet residential area, the majority of bedrooms at the front have stunning views of the V&A. Thank you for your loyal patronage, please come back soon!

Customer Service Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (2,796)

Reviewed 27 August 2014

Excellent location, that says it all, the hotel is right on the "museum mile" in South Kensington, the tube station is about 5-10 mins walk, and Harrods is about 15 mins the other way. Just for this it was great value for what we paid.
We had a room with a very little balcony facing the street, the view was great, just under the treeline. We thought it might be noisy, but it was quiet. Rooms are tasteful, and bed very welcoming after a long day of walking.
Breakfast was a lot on offer, but felt a little bit rushed and staff had a bit of a distant feel. But I have to say that the reception staff were lovely and welcoming.

Room Tip: Second floor rooms with street view, they are quiet, but you still have the good view of the street.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Jeans-Shirts

Thank you for reviewing the Rembrandt following your stay in June, I am over the moon that we provided a comfortable base, in an excellent location. We are so lucky to be directly opposite the V&A and close to the Natural History and Science Museums. Hotel residents also benefit from excellent transportation links with the rest of the capital via South Kensington or Knightsbridge underground stations, or they can choose to travel by bus or taxi. Guests can walk to The Royal Albert Hall, Harrods, Harvey Nichols, Kensington Palace or Hyde Park; we really do think we have everything on our doorstep! Breakfast is the busiest meal of the day, as it is included in all of our rates, I am pleased that you enjoyed the wide variety of items. I do hope that you would consider returning to us on your next trip to London.

Reviewed 26 August 2014

You would expect a Hotel in Knightsbridge to be of a high standard but we experienced rooms that smell, poor quality paint work and very old fashioned decor. Good location but that is all. Don't pay more for Wi-Fi, it is free but not advertised and the spa if free at weekends and we were informed after paying.

Room Tip: Ask for one that has been refurbished recently.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank Mark C

Dear Mark C

Thank you for taking the time to review The Rembrandt, I am sorry that we did not meet your expectations. We have recently retained our four star rating, however, as we are not a purpose built hotel our bedrooms do vary in size and shape. We offer Superior, Executive, Club, Grand and The Brompton Suite, descriptions and photographs are available on our website. If any of our guests are not happy with the bedroom allocated, our Front Office team will always strive to offer an alternative. Wi-fi is available in all of our bedrooms and public areas this service is complimentary for hotel residents. I can only apologise for any confusion surrounding the entrance fee for Aquilla Health & Fitness, hotel residents can use all of the Club’s facilities for a discounted daily fee, entrance is not free at the weekends. It is always disappointing to receive negative feedback and I am sorry that your experience was average.

Customer Service Manager

Reviewed 21 August 2014

Great location, but no better than a travel lodge or holiday Inn really. Expensive room. Was told that i would be given a room at the back and up high, but on returning to collect the key I was on the first floor and facing the front. luckily there was another room available. The room was a good size and quiet, the bathroom nice, although, the pump in the bathroom turned itself on at midnight (twice) instructions to turn off were rubbed off the plaque on the wall. - Annoying, the TV in the room would not work properly, all channels were pink - annoying. Tea and coffee, cheap and stingy. I packet of biscuits for potentially 3/4 people as i was put in a room with a third bed made up. Breakfast ok, good selection. Staff very good, polite and very helpful. I would not stay again. Although the location was good, there wasn't anything else about the hotel that warranted the cost. At the end of the day i like value for money and i didn't feel that the Rembrandt offered that at all. It simply relies on where it is. Shame, as i like a bit more for my hard earned money. ( free wi fi was good)

Room Tip: stay at the back as potentially noisy at the front.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Jo J

Dear Jo J

Thank you for taking the time to review The Rembrandt. I am delighted that you loved our location I can only apologise for the confusion regarding your bedroom allocation, I am pleased to note that once highlighted to the Front Office personnel they were able to offer an alternative room, at the back of the hotel that suited your requests. Thank you for your kind comments regarding the very helpful, polite staff, I will ensure your feedback is circulated to the team. All rooms are checked by a Floor Housekeeper prior to being allocated to a newly arriving guests, this check should also identify any Maintenance issues so that these can be rectified, again prior to the room being occupied. I am disappointed that this was not your experience and that we failed to meet our usually high standards. It is always disappointing to receive negative comments and I am sorry that you feel that you will not be able to return, despite loving our location.

Reviewed 16 August 2014

Treated my girlfriend to a night here which is out of my normal budget for hotels, but it was a treat. Location is nice in the pleasant Kensington Area near Buckingham Palace and near a tube station to get around. We had a problem when we got there as there was a function on and a notice in our room told us it could finish at 1.00 am in the morning (we could hear music from our room), we contacted reception and stated we were rather annoyed at the situation so they moved us to the top floor to a better suite. Great room with everything you need, breakfast was fantastic and a full English buffet pleased me to the ground.

Definitely recommend this hotel and would revisit!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank David W
SarovaHotels, Guest Relations Manager at The Rembrandt, responded to this reviewResponded 18 August 2014

Dear David W

Thank you for reviewing The Rembrandt and for awarding us your top score. I am thrilled that we provided great accommodation, in a great area with a fantastic breakfast – I do hope that your girlfriend enjoyed this special treat? We love our location and we are lucky to be close to two underground stations, South Kensington and Knightsbridge and our guests can walk to Harrods, Hyde Park and Buckingham Palace. I am so pleased that you would definitely recommend us and I hope that we have the pleasure of welcoming you back on your next trip to London.

Reviewed 9 August 2014

I stayed at the Rembrandt for 7 nights on business. My room was modestly sized but very comfortable and functional. The bathroom was upscale, modern and clean and stocked with nice amenities. Housekeeping was excellent. Room service was prompt. I was especially impressed by the efficient and courteous concierge desk. Breakfast was included in my rate and was the breakfast buffet was impressive. The Hotel is very conveniently located and is within easy walking distance of museums, restaurants, shopping, the South Kensington Metro station etc. Very lovely area. This hotel is a great choice for comfort and convenience if you're staying in the west end.

Room Tip: Perimeter top floor rooms may have a ceiling slant that some travelers might find inconvenient
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
SarovaHotels, Guest Relations Manager at The Rembrandt, responded to this reviewResponded 11 August 2014

Dear P B

Thank you for taking the time to review The Rembrandt, following your recent business trip. I am pleased that we provided comfortable and functional accommodation with a modern bathroom, nice amenities and excellent Housekeeping. I am thrilled that our Concierge team provided efficient and courteous service. We love our location and believe that we have everything on our doorstep, museums, shopping, great restaurants and two underground stations. I am over the moon that you describe us as a good choice for comfort and convenience and I hope that we will now be your London hotel of choice.

Reviewed 9 August 2014

Lovely little hotel in a centrally located area. The hotel staff were very pleasant, although unable to accommodate the early .check in I had selected two days from an email the hotel SENT ME. The rooms were nice, clean and (for London) spacious. I have a universal gripe with all the hotels I've stayed in lately ... there isn't a top sheets or washcloth in hotel rooms anymore. I get too hot with a duvet but like to have a sheet thrown over me while I sleep. This is not specific to this hotel, I've experienced this everywhere. The only downside to this particular hotel was the breakfast included with the room rate was awful. The only good thing on the breakfast buffet was the sausage and the croissants. My son who will darn near eat anything didn't want to eat there. Overall, we were happy we stayed here.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank 206SeattleNative

Dear 206SeattleNative

Thank you for taking the time to review The Rembrandt. Overall, I am pleased that you describe us as a very nice hotel, in a great location. I am pleased that we provided clean, spacious accommodation in a central location. Whilst it is not a standard I am confident that our Housekeeping team would have provided a top-sheet for you, if this was your preference. Subject to availability, early check-in can be requested on the morning of your arrival for a fee of £40, I am sorry that we were unable to comply with this request. I am delighted that you were happy with your stay and I hope that you would consider returning to us on your next trip to London.