The Rembrandt
Doubletree
US$330
US$244
  • Restaurant
Park Grand London Lancaster Gate(London)(Great Value!)
US$184
US$371
US$353
Hotels.com
  • Restaurant
Park Grand London Kensington(London)(Great Value!)
US$134
US$121
2,909 results
All reviewsvictoria and albert museumsouth kensington tube stationgrand roomwhirlpool bathbritish airwaysthe natural history museumhealth clubexcellent locationshort walkfull english breakfastexecutive roombreakfast was includedpiccadilly linelovely hotelbuffet stylemini barearly check
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 23 October 2010

I have stayed several times at the Rembrandt over the years and this I would have to say was the best one. The room was spacious compared to some I have been in there. Food had improved. I think also this was an executive room so that may have been why there was more space. The location was brilliant. My only complaint would be that the bath had not been cleaned properly on our first night but that was a minor point. On the plus side they have finally got free wi fi.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 21 October 2010

Booked in advance direct with hotel paying £152 for twin room with breakfast - very good value for 4 star in London. Location was excellent as we were visiting the Royal Albert Hall (10 min walk) and the V & A (across the road); South Kensington Tube is a direct 5 mins walk away. Hotel itself is very comfortable - rooms appeared to be recently re-furbished. Ours was large with plenty of storage space, balcony overlooking small gardens, and very nice bathroom. Breakfast also excellent. Would return.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled with friends
Reviewed 17 October 2010

Visited at the end of September as took my mum and my aunt away for a weekend break. I had emailed in advance to say an early check in and a low floor was required fro my mum and my aunt's room as my aunt has a disability. When I arrived it appears that these requests had not been passed on as it was 1.55 pm and the Receptionist was quite adamant that check in was 2pm and made us wait in reception for 5 minutes - how pedantic. Further I had to insist on the low floor for my aunt and mum - but they graciously acceded to the request when iadvised them to check their emails (and the reply they sent me!)
This said when we got to the rooms we could not fault them. My mum and my aunt's room was a newer type with modern decor and a jacuzzi bath. They also had a balcony looking out over the front to the Victoria and Albert Museum which was lovely.
My room was up on the fourth floor and was of an ample size for a couple - even though I was not staying as a couple on this occasion. Rooms were comfortable, clean and air conditioned with adequate toiletries provided in the bathrooms. Breakfast on both mornings was excellent and service was attentive but not overbearing.
The location of the hotel, as others have said, is very good for access to museums, Royal Albert Hall, restaurants and the tube station - South Kensington is a 5 minute walk and here you have the choice of Circle, District or Piccadilly lines - all perfectly adequate for getting about London.
My 2 previous stays were also excellent, though the attitude and helpfulness of the front desk was much better on my second visit as we were checked in immediately and arrived at 11.15 am!! I suppose there will always be a jobsworth somewhere.
I would without hesitation recommend this hotel for its location its comfort and its breakfasts. Book it and you should not be disappointed.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 14 October 2010

Great Hotel stayed in RM 333, had a few electrical problems due to the wife's hair iron (hers is 110 volt they use 220 volt) but all was corrected very quickly , outstanding staff very helpful, the front desk was very responsive with any issue's and had a person on it right away , wife has a machine to help her breath when she sleeps called down and ask for an extension cord because they have no plugs close to the bed, they had us one within 10 minutes of asking, couldn't ask for better people.slept like a rock great beds we've stayed in several locations and I'd have to say these were the best beds we've ever sleep ed in.I'd stay again and recommend to others ,great location just a few minutes from the tube station so all of London is at door.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank SJones6288
Reviewed 8 October 2010

the rembrandt hotel in knightsbridge is in an excellant position for shopping,restaurants sightseeing etc
Large"grand" bedrooms very comfy,beds excellant ,jazzucci bath,decor traditional/semi contempory.access to a leisure centre swimming pool etc.
Breakfasts usual spread but very fresh---not tired looking!
Staff pleasant.
Rates very good for London and its location.£219 per night inc breakfast.
Would stay again.
Went to "The Pigs Ear " in Chelsea for dinner,food/athmosphere/service very good.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled with friends