“Exceeded Expectations !” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #250 of 1,089 Hotels in London
Belfast
“Exceeded Expectations !”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 February 2013

My wife and I stayed in hotel for two nights and were immediately upgraded to a quiet executive room overlooking the park. The reception staff were very helpful and pleasant as were the staff in the restaurant especially Aurika who ensured our meal on our first night was an enjoyable experience. Overall our room was very comfortable and clean and I would certainly recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: We had a quiet room 113 overlooking the park. Very nice room, comfortable bed with a bath.
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (670)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
Manchester, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 February 2013

I stayed in a single room for one night on business. Hotel has been refurbished considerably since my last visit some years ago. Public areas inviting, bedroom clean and comfortable. Free wireless internet. Location slightly strange around the side of Euston station but quiet and obviously good access to rest of the city via public transport but especially to Camden for restaurants and bars. Service polite and friendly, and really competitive price for central London.

• Stayed February 2013
UK
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 February 2013

Stopped at the hotel for 1 night whilst in London for business and to watch the England match.

I arrived quite early (at 12 noon) but was checked in and allocated my room. My room was on the third floor, overlooking the rail station. I had some reservations whether the noise would be too much, as it was a fairly busy road, but reserved judgement until later. Despite this, I did have a good nights sleep, and very little noise from outside.

The room itself was small but spacious, comfy bed, desk to work and a nice bathroom. Free wifi is provided by BTWiFi, and is very fast for a complementary service at a hotel - I could work without my signal dropping out, which was impressive!

The hotel bar closes at 1am, which is a bit early compared to some hotels but nonetheless its a nice bar with a good atmosphere.

The following morning the lift was out of action, which meant walking down to the lower ground floor for breakfast, and having to walk back up. The breakfast area was full of kids, who were a bit of a nuisance - shouting, running around, picking up food with their fingers then throwing it back into the dishes - not my idea of fun!

It was also a bit of a struggle to take my suitcase, laptop bag and briefcase down the stairs as the lift was out of order.

Other than the kids I would consider stopping here again.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank aw2010
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 February 2013 via mobile

Having now met and spoken with 10 of the staff during my stay this week, what an amazing team!
So approachable and friendly i asked about their structure and corporate aims etc.

They have a number of new enthusiastic staff incl. a brand new chef and have clearly spent a lot of time and effort on changing historic cultures that occur in any organisation with longstanding team members.

FOOD: I had breakfast every morning of the week and never found an item of dissatisfaction. Attentive staff and on hand for drink top ups or personalising an omelette!!.
Dinner - I ate both in the restaurant and seperately had room service. Prices are what is expected of a hotel of this calibre, however not excessive. Some hotels charge for charging sake and cannot back it up with quality - this is not the case here.
A most splendid lamb shank, it fell apart onto a bed of beetroot infused mash - delightfully pink in colour (mash).
And, their special Satay dish, kebab with rice and fried egg... What a true gem of a dish!

I struggled to pick a hotel in the euston area based purely on online reviews, I went with my memory of a previous stay at the chains Victoria branch which I enjoyed. I'm glad I didn't take the lower Reviews too seriously as it was a perfect stay and it's rare to mix a great hotel with great food from integral restaurant -
Previously a corporate trainer, I'm always happy to offer feedback and discuss expectations with hotels and restaurants when I stay, as I do so regularly.

Rarely do I feel they're (hotels) not obtaining the respect they deserve on sites such as TA.
This is a restaurant worthy of special occasions and respect, attached to a hotel you would happily have your honeymoon, or week In the city at.
Even their smallest rooms are spacious, beds are comfy and staff attentive to requirements.
Enjoy this find! And I hope the staff recognise you and you feel as valued as I did on this visit.
I have even amended plans for my city stay next month now to return to thistle and increase my daily travel!

• Stayed February 2013
Dublin, Ireland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 February 2013

We stayed here for 2 nights, and booked both of the nights using the hoteltonight app so we got it for a great price. When we checked in the lady who dealt with us was in training and with one or two minor hiccups which we did not mind, she showed us to our room. The bed was massive! lovely room. All staff were lovely, the concierge on the second night was also 'in training' and was great. The barmaid on the second night was not too nice though, she was impatient and snappy and seemed keen to get us out of there when we wanted to have a quiet relaxing drink.
Breakfast selection was great and tasted great too, definitely recommend it though its a bit pricey.
There was some kind of noise periodically outside our room which was a little annoying and noisy people in the room beside us.
Location couldn't have been better, literally across the road from Euston tube and rail station (we got a sailrail back to dublin at 8am so this suited us great).
Would definitely go back again.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled as a couple
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 February 2013

My mum and I stayed here during late January as the hotel was having a winter promotion then. As a comparison, I paid the same rate for this 4-star hotel as I did for a 3-star B&B nearby. Service wise, Thistle was much better in comparison. The concierge was the most helpful staff I've encountered throughout all of my hotel stays. He helped me book my Tower of London visit and printed out the tickets for me and helped safekeep the SIM card my cousin sent them, a week before I arrived. When we checked out on our final day, the concierge even walked us to Euston Station, 5 minutes down the street with our luggage, IN THE RAIN! Excellent service indeed! On our first night, we had a blown fuse in our room and within a minute after my call to the reception, the receptionist identified that the problem probably lied with the hair dryer, took it and replaced it with a new one the very next day!

The room and bathroom were extremely clean (think they just refurbished) and the spacious shower area as well as the hot water with fairly strong water pressure were exactly what we needed after our 8-hour sightseeing walk each day. The location is fantastic, just a short 5-minute walk to Euston Station (undergrounds as well as national rail) and another extra 2 minutes to Euston Square Station which brings you just about anywhere too. At that price, we'd definitely say it was a truly value for money stay at the Thistle Euston Hotel.

Room Tip: We stayed in Room 436, the highest floor of the hotel with a view of St James Gardens. When there wa...
  • Stayed January 2013, travelled with family
Liverpool, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 February 2013

Stayed at the Thistle in Euston with my son for a trip to London on the 29th December.
Great hotel, nice room , lovely reception staff , nice bar and price we felt was value for money at £100 ish per night.

Would stay there again for football trip. !!

• Stayed December 2012, travelled with family