“Third visit - good value”
Review of Thistle Euston

Thistle Euston
Ranked #338 of 1,076 Hotels in London
Reviewed 21 December 2013

Had a two night stay as part of my wife's business. Room was spacious (executive room) and reasonably well equipped. We were impressed by the by the free high speed Wi-Fi. Well done!

Bar meal at lunch time was fine but regretfully we could not say the same about breakfast! Disgusting coffee, rock hard stale bread, sausages that had been cooked more than once ... sorry I can't go on. It was so poor that we didn't bother with the 'included' breakfast on the last morning.
To conclude, we will use this hotel again - rooms are good value, staff are excellent but I'll eat breakfast elsewhere.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank dmg31
TW_General_Manager, General Manager at Thistle Euston, responded to this reviewResponded 6 January 2014

Dear Guest,

First of all Happy Newyear… I can only apologise for the late response with it being Christmas many of our key members of staff have been out of the hotel.

I am very disappointed to read your review and I would like to take the opportunity to apologise for the experience you had at breakfast. We have recently completed a full breakfast menu change and have been getting excellent reviews from many of our guests. If you can please private message me the dates that you stayed and I will investigate who was working in our kitchen as it is unacceptable.

The next time you are staying with us please let me know and I will ensure the breakfast will be of the highest standard.

Reviewed 20 December 2013

nice hotel, The brunch is very good, fresh food, fresh backen eggs, fresh fruit,…. to me it is the max. The staff is well organized, friendly and willing to help you.
The enviremont is very quiet, you get al good night sleep.

Room Tip: Every room is good, because of the quiet environment. Good place to start the tourney to London Cit...

Hello Ivo,

Thank you for taking the time to write about your experience at the Thistle Euston.

We have recently changed our full breakfast/brunch menu to bring our guests more variety and better quality; I am pleased you were able to take advantage of this.

I hope to welcome you again when in London.

Reviewed 18 December 2013

The hotel is central location, within a 20 minute walk to shaftesbury avenue, hotel clean and tidy and excellent check in staff, who are quick and efficent. We stayed for 2 nights, the breakfast is excellent and easy to get your own, again staff very friendly and attentive

Hi Keith,

Happy Newyear!

It is excellent to read that you enjoyed your stay with is in December, we are constantly making improvements to our check in process, and it’s great to read your positive feedback on check in.

I hope to welcome you again in 2014.

Reviewed 17 December 2013 via mobile

Excellent staff. Dalma and Weronika in Lounge 43. Amazing wine. Our experience in the dining room with Kumindra who was so attentive and Raul at the main entrance with a great welcoming was so good. Mehmet and Nevill also they were smiling and very professionals. Excellent experience. Thank you to everyone.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Daniel E

Afternoon Daniel,

Thank you very much for the praise you have for my staff, its brilliant that they made a lasting impression on you and I will make sure that we praise them on your behalf.

Reviewed 16 December 2013

Pre Christmas weekend break. Stayed two nights and found everything ideal for our purpose. Good room, comfortable bed, very clean and everything that we required. Breakfast - from a very wide range and good quality. Staff very helpful and friendly. took a nightcap in the bar each night and found that relaxing too.

Hi Mike,

Happy Newyear!

Sorry for the late response I think everyone falls behind during the Christmas period.

I am very pleased to read that Thistle Euston was to your standard and I am particularly pleased you found a night cap in our bar relaxing, this is the type of feeling we want all of our guests to have when staying with us.

Hope to welcome you back to Thistle Euston in 2014.

Reviewed 15 December 2013 via mobile

Having stayed ahead of meetings in nearby Islington the hotel was fine but the room was so unbelievably tiny! Bathroom too was claustrophobically small but again, 1 night out my life so no harm done. Disappointingly I had forgotten my phone charger therefore asked reception to book me a wake up call which didn't arrive so I didn't have time to sample the breakfast. Typical London prices which leaves you short changed for the service received.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Jeenge
TW_General_Manager, General Manager at Thistle Euston, responded to this reviewResponded 16 December 2013

Dear Guest,

I apologise that your stay was not up to our normally impeccable standards, if you choose to come and stay again please let me know and I will make a special effort to ensure everything is if extremely high standards.

Have a great Christmas!

Reviewed 14 December 2013 via mobile

I stayed here on a Friday evening and thought the location was great.
5 minute walk to euston main line station and underground.
Clean, spacious room, tea and coffee making facilities. Free wifi and helpful staff.
Would definitely stay here again.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo

Dear Kerri,

I am really pleased you were impressed with your stay at the Thistle Euston, please come and stay again.

Merry Christmas!