“Good location but average stay”
Review of Thistle Euston

Thistle Euston
Ranked #291 of 1,067 Hotels in London
Northampton, United Kingdom
“Good location but average stay”
Reviewed 2 January 2014

Upon arrival the receptionist was extremely friendly and polite, I asked if we could leave our bags until check in time but she very kindly allowed us to check in early as there was a room available. She had a genuine interest in our stay and appeared to really like her job and the hotel that she worked for.
The location of the hotel is realy good as it is so close to Euston station and then to walk to the central part of London itself.
The room was very clean however the room and the bathroom are the smallest that I have ever stayed in a hotel, our room only had a shower but no bath and only one person could squeeze into the bathroom at any one time. The toiletries provided were very, very basic and not even really worth using.
Wifi was really good speed and reliable - particularly as it was free.
We had a very good night's sleep, very comfortable (but small) bed and very quiet.
Breakfast was ok although the coffee was very bitter and the fruit didn't look very fresh or appetising at all, it was expensive at £12, the staff were very friendly and helpful.
On checking out, the staff member asked if we'd had a nice stay but had no interest at all when I tried to discuss a couple of things with her, she just wanted to rush through the process and didn't care what we had to say.
In all, an average hotel which I would stay in again solely because of its proximity to Euston station.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank 186349Sjw21
TW_General_Manager, General Manager at Thistle Euston, responded to this review, 6 January 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you reviewing your recent stay with us at the Thistle Euston.

I would like to apologise for the few experiences that has knocked your opinion of the hotel. We completed our refurbishment early 2012 and work hard to maintain an excellent standard, the toiletries that are in our rooms are the same across the group however I will make a note and feed this back to our head office.

I will feedback your comments to our front of house team and I am sincerely sorry that you were left with that impression on leaving the hotel, as you can see from when you checked in our staff are extremely friendly and happy to be speaking with all of our guests.

I do hope you come and stay with us again, if you would let me know beforehand I will do everything I can to ensure your stay is enjoyable throughout.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (687)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 1 January 2014

nice hotel with good location, close to metro lines and train station. hotels are clean and spacious. We have breakfast in the hotel restaurant for the entire trip and their service is very good and make you feel comfortable. staffs are helpful in many ways.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
Hi Eva,

I hope you enjoyed your trip to London.

Thank you for your excellent review of the Thistle Euston we are constantly making improvements to our service to be as helpful as we can.

I hope you will come and stay with us again when visiting London.

Thanks
Leeds, United Kingdom
Reviewed 1 January 2014

In a handy location for transport and amenities, service was excellent and the hotel itself nice and clean. Decent sized rooms with very comfortable beds. Ideal for a quick pit stop on a fleeting visit to London.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled solo
Dear Guest,

I am pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay at the Thistle Euston and you found the service to be excellent.

I hope because of your positive experience you would come and stay with us again.

Many Thanks
portsmouth, england
Reviewed 1 January 2014

stayed here new years eve 2013 with my wife and friends and found this hotel more than adequate to meet our needs for a short stay, on arrival we were allowed to check in 2 hours before time , the staff were very pleasant and only to happy to assist , we had 2 x rooms 323 and 324 both were twinned bedded rooms with private facilities , with complimentary tea and coffee , also iron and ironing board and hairdryer with in-room safe , also complimentary toiletries , the bathroom was very clean as was the room , beds were very comfortable , breakfast was extremely good with a good choice , and with the hotel being approx. 200 metres from Euston station was great for exploring all that London had to offer without breaking the bank , a really good hotel and we would not hesitate to go back there again.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple

Happy Newyear!

A great review thank you for sharing it on Trip Advisor, we do offer all of the amenities that you may need in our rooms including full sized hairdryer and ironing board etc.
We also like to accommodate early check in for our guests if we have the availability; I am pleased you were able to take advantage of this.

I hope to welcome you back to Thistle Euston next time you’re staying in London.
Reviewed 31 December 2013 via mobile

Thistle is a clean and modern hotel right opposite Euston station in London.
The immediate 5 minute walk in each direction doesn't have much ambience or appeal but if you are happy to hop on a train or walk a few minutes (15 minutes or so) to get into the action then this hotel is probably fine for leisure visits to London.

Rates represent good value for money - rooms are quite small and lack of external ambience is probably the main negative. Also bed was a touch small for a couple - a double.

I would recommend Thistle for 1-2 nights when value for money is the most important thing.

• Stayed December 2013
1 Thank Audrey994
Hi Audrey,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to review the Thistle Euston; it’s always a real plus for us to get the feedback from our guests.

We are in an excellent location for both business and leisure travellers and as you rightly said a 15 minutes walk and you can be in the heart of Camden.
Euston as an area is currently going through a massive re development with a lot of exciting developments being built this year. We are also going to be developing our hotel to bring a wider range of services to all of our guests in 2014.

Unfortunately we can not change the external structure of the hotel, but I would like to think that our excellent staff and modern refurbishment provide a warm, friendly and stylish ambience inside.

I hope to welcome you back in the future.
Cairo, Egypt
Reviewed 31 December 2013 via mobile

I stayed in this hotel for 6 nights with my friend. The rooms are very clean. Comfortable beds, delicious room service! Try the burger!
The location is very good.. Its just across the street from the tube station. Only 2 stops from oxford circus with the blue victoria line.
Prices are very reasonable. Would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed December 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for reviewing the Thistle Euston.

It is fantastic to read that you enjoyed your stay with us; I agree that the burger is a great choice!

I hope to welcome you back when you return to London.
Milan
Reviewed 30 December 2013

The only plus side? Proximity to Euston, handy for early trains.
Otherwise a total disaster.
Got off to a bad start when credit card charged twice. No explanation or apology given.
Was then given arguably the worst room in this hotel, or any hotel for that matter.
Looked out onto the air conditioners, vents and worse in a dismal sort of mini courtyard which meant next to no light. Cleaning the windows at least once in the previous six months would perhaps have helped.
So noisy I didn't get a wink of sleep: room next to office used by noisy staff with even noisier floorboards.
Queued for breakfast one morning, informed by member of staff that restaurant area was to open shortly. Then found out after remonstrating that breakfast was being served in another area.
Information given by concierge and receptionist totally wrong.
Need I say more?

• Stayed July 2013, travelled solo
3 Thank MaryLC
TW_General_Manager, General Manager at Thistle Euston, responded to this review, 8 January 2014
Dear Mary,

I would like to take the opportunity to apologise for the experience that you had whilst staying at Thistle Euston.

We do have a number of rooms in the hotel ranging from our Standard to Deluxe and Executive, these rooms also come with different views we have many rooms which have a park view. Our reception staff would be more than happy to accommodate any requests when checking in depending on availability.
I apologise for the mix up when sitting down for breakfast, it is usually served in our restaurant area which is found on the lower ground floor, on the occasion the breakfast has been upgraded for a particular guest the breakfast is served in our bar area which is located on the ground floor.

If you could please send me a private message with your room number I would be keen to investigate your card being charged twice with our reception team.

Again my sincere apologies, I hope that I can prove to you what a wonderful team we have at the Thistle Euston in the future.