“No issues”

Ranked #304 of 1,069 Hotels in London
Chester, United Kingdom
“No issues”
Reviewed 6 January 2014

Stay here for one night as part of a theatre break deal - absolutely no complaints, excellent location, was able to check in early, short taxi ride or not too bad a walk into town. Breakfast very good. Staff very friendly and helpful. Would recommend.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
TW_General_Manager, General Manager at Thistle Euston, responded to this review, 7 January 2014
Dear Susie,

Thank you for recently staying with us at the Thistle Euston. I am pleased we were able offer you early check in when we have availability, we have recently improved our breakfast and I am pleased you found up to standard.

I hope to welcome you back to the Thistle Euston during 2014.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (695)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
Denver, CO
Reviewed 4 January 2014

Upon arrival I upgraded to a larger room with a king-sized bed which was somewhat pricey. I also inquired about the breakfast. I was told the breakfast times but the next morning when I went to breakfast, the hostess told me I had to get a breakfast voucher from reception, otherwise the price would increase. The check-in staff should have told me I needed to buy breakfast vouchers upon arrival. My room was large by London standards and quite comfortable but the carpet was absolutely filthy with numerous stains and discolorations on it. During my stay, one of the lifts went out of service causing long waits or requiring use of the stairs. The biggest thing that upset me was the billing at check out. I was told the amount due in British pounds and paid that with a credit card. I later discovered that I was billed in American dollars with an extremely poor currency conversion rate. At no point was I told I was being billed in dollars. This added an additional $25 cost to my stay. Room service was hit and miss...one day glasses not changed out, next day no body wash left in shower, etc. Also, phone in room did not not allow me to call the numbers I needed to access my UK calling card.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled solo
2 Thank Snarfdoog
TW_General_Manager, General Manager at Thistle Euston, responded to this review, 6 January 2014
Dear Guest,

I can only apologise for the service that you have been given on your recent stay with us, if possible could you please send a private message with your contact details. I understand that this is not acceptable customer service and would like to try and rectify your opinion of the Thistle Euston.

Many Thanks
Carlisle, United Kingdom
Reviewed 2 January 2014

On arrival at the hotel the reception area looked very clean and professional and we were greeted by a very friendly member of staff. Our room was not ready due to our time of arrival which we expected so we left our bags at the hotel and ventured out for the day. When we arrived back at the hotel we were given our room card. On entering the room we were surprised at how small this was. This was my 4th visit to London and the first at this hotel and I have not experienced a room this small before. However the location of the hotel made up for this as we only used our room to sleep in and freshen up. We had breakfast included in our package which was very nice and fresh however my husband was eating his bacon and came across a rather large piece of plastic, we brought it to the staffs attention but we were just smiled at which we felt was a little rude. Overall the hotel is very pleasant & clean with friendly staff. We would stay here again but only for the location.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Hayley H
TW_General_Manager, General Manager at Thistle Euston, responded to this review, 10 January 2014
Hi Hayley,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay at Thistle Euston, I am pleased that you found our hotel to be in a great location we do have a great location for both people who are travelling further on and people staying in London, did you venture to Camden?

I can only apologise for the incident at breakfast, I can ensure you we this type of matter is taken extremely seriously and I will investigate into this immediately. We have recently improved our breakfast menu and I am glad you improved of the offering we give our customers.

I hope to welcome you back to Thistle Euston again when in London.
Northampton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 2 January 2014

Upon arrival the receptionist was extremely friendly and polite, I asked if we could leave our bags until check in time but she very kindly allowed us to check in early as there was a room available. She had a genuine interest in our stay and appeared to really like her job and the hotel that she worked for.
The location of the hotel is realy good as it is so close to Euston station and then to walk to the central part of London itself.
The room was very clean however the room and the bathroom are the smallest that I have ever stayed in a hotel, our room only had a shower but no bath and only one person could squeeze into the bathroom at any one time. The toiletries provided were very, very basic and not even really worth using.
Wifi was really good speed and reliable - particularly as it was free.
We had a very good night's sleep, very comfortable (but small) bed and very quiet.
Breakfast was ok although the coffee was very bitter and the fruit didn't look very fresh or appetising at all, it was expensive at £12, the staff were very friendly and helpful.
On checking out, the staff member asked if we'd had a nice stay but had no interest at all when I tried to discuss a couple of things with her, she just wanted to rush through the process and didn't care what we had to say.
In all, an average hotel which I would stay in again solely because of its proximity to Euston station.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank 186349Sjw21
Dear Guest,

Thank you reviewing your recent stay with us at the Thistle Euston.

I would like to apologise for the few experiences that has knocked your opinion of the hotel. We completed our refurbishment early 2012 and work hard to maintain an excellent standard, the toiletries that are in our rooms are the same across the group however I will make a note and feed this back to our head office.

I will feedback your comments to our front of house team and I am sincerely sorry that you were left with that impression on leaving the hotel, as you can see from when you checked in our staff are extremely friendly and happy to be speaking with all of our guests.

I do hope you come and stay with us again, if you would let me know beforehand I will do everything I can to ensure your stay is enjoyable throughout.
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 1 January 2014

nice hotel with good location, close to metro lines and train station. hotels are clean and spacious. We have breakfast in the hotel restaurant for the entire trip and their service is very good and make you feel comfortable. staffs are helpful in many ways.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
Hi Eva,

I hope you enjoyed your trip to London.

Thank you for your excellent review of the Thistle Euston we are constantly making improvements to our service to be as helpful as we can.

I hope you will come and stay with us again when visiting London.

Thanks
Leeds, United Kingdom
Reviewed 1 January 2014

In a handy location for transport and amenities, service was excellent and the hotel itself nice and clean. Decent sized rooms with very comfortable beds. Ideal for a quick pit stop on a fleeting visit to London.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled solo
Dear Guest,

I am pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay at the Thistle Euston and you found the service to be excellent.

I hope because of your positive experience you would come and stay with us again.

Many Thanks
portsmouth, england
Reviewed 1 January 2014

stayed here new years eve 2013 with my wife and friends and found this hotel more than adequate to meet our needs for a short stay, on arrival we were allowed to check in 2 hours before time , the staff were very pleasant and only to happy to assist , we had 2 x rooms 323 and 324 both were twinned bedded rooms with private facilities , with complimentary tea and coffee , also iron and ironing board and hairdryer with in-room safe , also complimentary toiletries , the bathroom was very clean as was the room , beds were very comfortable , breakfast was extremely good with a good choice , and with the hotel being approx. 200 metres from Euston station was great for exploring all that London had to offer without breaking the bank , a really good hotel and we would not hesitate to go back there again.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple

Happy Newyear!

A great review thank you for sharing it on Trip Advisor, we do offer all of the amenities that you may need in our rooms including full sized hairdryer and ironing board etc.
We also like to accommodate early check in for our guests if we have the availability; I am pleased you were able to take advantage of this.

I hope to welcome you back to Thistle Euston next time you’re staying in London.