“Dont know why anyone whould say bad!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Thistle Euston

Thistle Euston
Ranked #247 of 1,086 Hotels in London
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Dont know why anyone whould say bad!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 March 2014

I came here with my wife and granddaughter for a one night trip in London. On arrival we were kindly greeted by a young lady working on reception. Ok the room was not ready on arrival but the train got in the station early and so we were not surprised. We sat down in recpection and had a quick nosy round. It was ever so clean and the meals looked yummy.

As we payed a higher price for our room, we expected it to be a warm, cozy room to rest our heads In. And what do I say, it met my expectations. There was one Queen size bed that could have easily fit 8 people in and plenty of the mod cons to keep the teens happy. There was also a huge mirror in the room which was ideal for my granddaughter as shes getting older now.

We stayed for breakfast and it followed on with the rest of the hotel. Yummy and scrummy. We were sad when we needed to check out.

Plenty by hotel and with it being the capital, there is endless amounts of things to do. Would highly recommend and will be returning.

Room Tip: book this hotel
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank beaches701
TW_General_Manager, General Manager at Thistle Euston, responded to this review, 11 March 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for rating us 5* is your recent review of the Thistle Euston Hotel.

I was really pleased to read all your positive comments and have taken the time to share them with the whole team.

We really do look forward to welcoming you and your family back in the not so distant future.

Thanks once again

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (671)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 March 2014

I stayed here at the weekend as the hotel was convenient for the venue that I was attending for a book launch. On arrival I had a very warm welcome from all the staff I encountered. I was checked in by and very helpful Irish girl who arranged directions for me. The room was spotless and very spacious with everything I needed and expected for a good 4* hotel. I was very surprised to have a coffee machine in the room which really helped in the morning!! I would recommend upgrading to a king room as the bed was the biggest I have ever slept in. Fantastic breakfast selection also

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Ianplattuk
TW_General_Manager, General Manager at Thistle Euston, responded to this review, 10 March 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for your five star review of the Thistle Euston Hotel.

I was delighted to read we lived up to your expectation and more. I will be sharing your positive comments with the whole team.

I do hope we will have the opportunity to welcoming you back to the Thistle Euston in the not so distant future.

Thanks again
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 March 2014

I have been a regular business user of the Thistle Euston and whilst it is an expectation to receive efficient and friendly service, the staff within this hotel have achieved this effortlessly. One of the floor managers (Ozgun) is particularly welcoming and makes you feel as though your 50th visit is your first.

The reception staff are very efficient, pleasant and professional. We'll done one and all.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Nevillepa
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review the Thistle Euston Hotel.

I was pleased to read that our hotel is becoming your home from home!

Ozgun was delighted with the positive feedback as was I.

I am sure we will be welcoming you through our doors again in the not so distant future.

Thanks again
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 March 2014 via mobile

I booked the Thistle Euston for the 21st December 2013 for myself and my 12 year old son as part of a theatre package. We arrived in London three hours before we could book in, however the hotel very kindly booked us into our rooms which was greatly appreciated! The room was well equipped with the usual accessories. Our only complaint was the noisy family at 5:30, not the hotel's fault and the view from our window was disappointing. However it was a great base and conveniently close to Euston station. I would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed December 2013
Dear Claire,

Thank you so much for the 5* review of the Thistle Euston Hotel.

I was delighted to read that you found our bedrooms to be well equipped and to your satisfaction.

I do hope we will be see you soon!

Many thanks
Midlands
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 March 2014

I agree that the staff are friendly and helpful and the standard room was comfortable, though a little small for two people. Also it had extra glazing but that did not muffle the road and rail sounds very well. However I was surprised that a hotel of this rating and size only had two lifts....and one of those was out of order. This meant long waits for the lift and people queuing as the lift was programmed to call on all floors regardless of whether it had been called for or not !
I regret to say that we found the food for dinner from the Brasserie very poor....limited in choice, not well cooked or presented and not very hot.. The deserts ran out before meals were finished. The breakfast was the normal full buffet.
We would not stay at this hotel again....sadly, because it is in a great position.

Room Tip: Try and get one away from the road area.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank elliottMidlands
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us.

I was disappointed to read the issues you raised but it is only with feedback form our guests that we are able to better and improve the service we provide.

I have taken all your points on-board and will be putting a plan together to address these issues.

Thank you once again for your constructive feedback.

Kind regards
Ashford, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 March 2014

Have stayed here over the last 6 months on business. Great hotel! Clean, tidy and the staff really do go the extra mile! Bar staff ( Camilla and Veronica) were particularly friendly and generally helpful. Chatty and very pleasant to deal with. I would recommend this hotel to anyone wanting a good location where you are made to feel welcome and they even remember your name!

Food was good and lots of choice!

Room Tip: Executive rooms are really worth the additional cost!
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Dear Elle,

Wow!! great review... Thank you so much

I am pleased we have become your first choice when staying in London.

I will certainly be sharing your positive words with the whole team.

Am sure we will be welcoming you back very soon!

Thanks again for the kind words.

Kind regards
Brussels, Belgium
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 March 2014 via mobile

Stayed here before, liked it and gave good review. This time we again took a superior room. But this time it overlooked a passageway through which goods were delivered with lots of noise almost non-stop from 5 or 6 o'clock in the morning. I spoke to reception and the really helpful staff changed the room for the next two nights. Full marks for that.
Staff are young, efficient and helpful. Wifi is free. Superior rooms are a good size (for London). Beds very comfortable. I still think they should replace the old metal singe-glaze windows with double glaze. Even the noisy rooms would have a little more protection.

Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
Greetings from London,

Thank you so much for taking the time to review your recent stay with us here at the Thistle Euston Hotel.

I was pleased to read that our Front Office team resolved your issue quickly and to your satisfaction.

Thanks once again for your review.

Kind regards.