“Great hotel”
Review of Thistle Euston

Thistle Euston
Ranked #338 of 1,076 Hotels in London
Reviewed 16 March 2014 via mobile

This is a very recommendable hotel in London. 4 star hotel with all the amenities, and commodity.
The only thing is the surroundings where it is located, next to euston railway station... The street by night is dark... But otherwise, the hotel in General is excellent:
-acceptable rooms
-clean rooms
-helpful staff

The check in must be done after 13.30... That is not acceptable looking into the prices of the hotel!! Even asking for an early check in there were no option.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
TW_General_Manager, General Manager at Thistle Euston, responded to this reviewResponded 17 March 2014

Greetings from London,

I am very grateful for the positive feedback from your recent stay with us. I am pleased you enjoyed your stay and found all the amenities and commodities you needed to have a wonderful experience.

Our check-in time is form 2pm on the day of arrival which is the norm for the majority of hotels, however when we know our guests will arrive early we try to get a room ready for them but this is not always possible as we are dependant on previous guests checking out. We do offer the facility to store luggage free of charge so that guests can get their stay off to a great start exploring our wonderful city.

Thanks once again for taking the time to review our hotel.

Reviewed 15 March 2014 via mobile

Stayed here with 3 friends for two nights. Travelled from Scotland by train to Euston station and hotel is just around the corner. Hotel has recently been refurbished (stayed here a few years ago too). Lovely reception area and staff very friendly. Rooms not very big but really nicely decorated. Had breakfast during our stay and very pleased with the choices. Breakfast was really busy on the Sunday morning (we went down a bit later) but there was still plenty of choice.
As hotel is right next to Euston we used the underground for getting around each day.
Would definitely stay here again

• Stayed: March 2014

Dear Guest

Thank you very much for the 5* review of the Thistle Euston Hotel.

I could not agree more that our location is perfect for commuting from Scotland as we are only a short walk from both Euston and Kings Cross stations.

Pleased you and your friends enjoyed your stay and hopefully we will be welcoming you back to the Thistle Euston Hotel very soon

Many thanks

Reviewed 15 March 2014

I have stayed many times in the thistle euston as i find it convenient for my work here. I have always enjoyed my stay but even more so in the last year, i think the standard of food has really gone up and the staff are excellent in general, but in particular Camilla on the bar made it an enjoyable stay.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business

Dear James,

Thank you very much for rating us 5* on tripadvisor.

I am so pleased you noticed the effort we have put in to raise our food and beverage offering i will be sharing this feedback with with Lalit our Head Chef. I have also commended Camilla for her excellent Customer Service (she was delighted).

Thanks once again and we look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 15 March 2014

I stayed here after a long journey from south Africa, arrived at 9 in the morning, although in the middle of a busy checkout, Silvia on reception was able to sort out my bags and give me an estimated time for when I may get an early check in, great. I returned a little later to a very comfy bed and a quiet room. Breakfast is served on Saturdays till half eleven, a godsend for a tired traveller. Overall very clean, organised and welcoming.

• Stayed: March 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for the 5* Tripadvisor review.

I was very happy to read you found our bedrooms very quiet and comfortable. Silvia was thrilled when she saw you had highlighted her for her good service skills.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the Thistle Euston in the very near future.

Many thanks

Reviewed 12 March 2014

We only spent one night here, but the room was clean and comfortable, staff friendly and helpful and the breakfast was lovely. Great central location for the gig we went to. We were offered a room upgrade, but didn't bother as it was just a flying visit.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
TW_General_Manager, General Manager at Thistle Euston, responded to this reviewResponded 14 March 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time out to write this fantastic review of the Thistle Euston Hotel.

I was delighted to read you enjoyed your stay and hope you enjoyed the gig !!

Hopefully we will be welcoming you back to the Thistle Euston Hotel very soon

Thanks agian

Reviewed 11 March 2014

Superb location, friendly and helpful staff, nothing too much trouble to them. Bedrooms and public areas well decorated. Will be returning for further stays. Breakfast was great and lots of choice. Good free wifi easily accessible. Would happily recomend this hotel.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank kath h
TW_General_Manager, General Manager at Thistle Euston, responded to this reviewResponded 12 March 2014

Dear Kath,

Thank you so much for taking the time to review your recent stay with us here at the Thistle Euston Hotel.

I was so pleased to read that enjoyed your stay and found our staff to be friendly and helpful.

We very much look forward to welcoming you back very soon.

Once again thank you for the 5* review.

Kind regards

Reviewed 11 March 2014

I booked this holiday through Superbreak in November 2013 ready for my daughter’s 21st birthday. The train journey was fine and we had no problems. When we arrived at the Thistle, Euston and I presented all my holiday documents, I was told that there was no booking at all for my party. We had travelled from North Wales down to London and were then faced with no accommodation which was very upsetting as it was for a special birthday. At this point, the staff were not very reassuring that they could provide us with any accommodation. The receptionist had to be persuaded that I had actually paid for this holiday in full in November and that there should be a booking as I had all the necessary paperwork. Eventually, after about 25 minutes of questioning, we were told they could provide us with two rooms. I again had to state that the booking had already been paid for and we would not be paying again. It seems that we were not the only family that did not have a booking as there were other people waiting in the reception area with the same problem. It was a stressful start to the holiday.

We found that the hotel was basically fine. The breakfast provided was great and the rooms were clean. The service, however, was not as the next day after returning from a day out, we found that there were no towels left in our bathroom, a cleaning sponge was in the sink and worst of all, our own flannel had been placed/left/used to clean the toilet seat! This was not acceptable and we did express our disappointment when the housekeeper called to see if everything was to our satisfaction.

The windows could do with updating as they are old and not soundproof. At the time of our stay, one of the lifts was out of order which caused chaos with queues, especially at breakfast and if you had suitcases to carry.

The hotel was only 3 minutes out of the side exit from Euston making it a good location for travelling and accessing the tube and it is a shame that the hotel was let down by other things.

Would we stay again? Possibly.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Michelle S

Dear Michelle,

Thank you for recent review on tripadvisor.

I totally understand how distressing it can be when you have travelled a long distance to find there is a problem with your reservation. I am pleased our Reception team were able to resolve the issue, however I was disappointed to read that it took over 20 minutes to do so.

My top tip would be to suggest booking direct through our website thislte.com as it is directly linked to our booking system. (however at the moment we don't have the facility to book train tickets on the site).

I am pleased you enjoyed our breakfast offering and found our rooms clean and tidy.

Next time your your travels bring you back to London I hope you will consider the Thistle Euston Hotel.

Kind regards