“Great Location”
Review of Thistle Euston

Thistle Euston
Ranked #344 of 1,078 Hotels in London
Reviewed 13 April 2014

Our visit to London was to celebrate birthdays and engagement. I contacted the hotel prior to travelling and they upgraded our rooms and put flowers, chocolates and hand written greetings cards in the room. It was a lovely touch and greatly appreciated! Room lovely and clean, comfy bed, brill breakfast. Great location 2-3min walk from Euston station.

Had a couple of hiccups as we booked with a company offering late check out and 25% off food and drinks. Went out exploring on our last morning (before hand I spoke to a lady on reception to confirm their system showed our 2pm check out time instead of the standard 12pm, who was actually quite rude to me stating 'if your booking says 2pm then it'll be 2pm' and made me feel I was an annoyance to her - came back at around 1pm to find our room locked and our keys wouldn't work - to be told by reception we missed check out at 12!! We had also been charged full price on the drinks we had bought (despite confirming the 25% offer with reception on check in as advised by the company) so now have to wait 5 days for the refund. So a bit of a potch really for details they should have had. But all in all it is a good hotel and apart from the mentioned staff were very friendly and I would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Go for the upgrade - the view is over the park and is really lovely!
1  Thank Rebecca P
TW_General_Manager, General Manager at Thistle Euston, responded to this reviewResponded 19 April 2014

Hi Rebecca,

Thank you so much for your review of the Thistle Euston Hotel.

We are really pleased we were able to play host to your family celebrations. Sorry to hear about the discount and late check out. I am pleased this was able to get resolved and have little impact on your holiday.

We are looking forward to welcoming you and your family back in the very near future.

Thistle Euston Hotel

Write a ReviewReviews (3,194)

Reviewed 13 April 2014

I stayed in Thistle Euston for two weeks when I first came to London to work. What I most enjoyed of it was the breakfast quality and service, especially the warm treatment I received from two of the waitresses, Paula and Madia, and the kindness of Daniel, their supervisor. I would definitely recommend it to my friends.

• Stayed: March 2014
1  Thank gorkavillara
TW_General_Manager, General Manager at Thistle Euston, responded to this reviewResponded 16 April 2014

Dear Guest,

I am delighted you enjoyed the service during breakfast.
Thank you for all your positive comments. It would be amazing if we could greet you back to the Thistle Euston to enjoy our Dinner Menu so you have a full experience in the Hotel.

I look forward to seeing you back at the Thistle Euston and if you need help with your future bookings please email our Relationship Manager - Kirsty.donnellan@glhhotels.com

Reviewed 11 April 2014

My friends and I had a lovely stay, the staff at the hotel are very helpful and very friendly. The f&b staff were great and obviously very organised especially at breakfast time. The food was lovely in the restaurant in the evening, but equally good at breakfast. Rooms were nicely furnished and very clean. The hotel is in a great location. The only thing I would say is the walls in the rooms are very thin meaning you can hear rooms around you. However I would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Liz H

Hi Liz.
Thank you for your amazing comments on your stay and it is wonderful news you would return.
All positive feedback has been passed on to all relevant departments.
The Thistle Euston I agree is a great location as we are so close to Euston and Euston Square station.
If you need any further assistance on future bookings please email Kirsty our Relationship Manager on - Kirsty.donnellan@glhhotels.com

Reviewed 9 April 2014

What can I say.
Great service , wonderful breakfast , comfortable beds , clean room , central location [ only 200yds from the back entrance of Euston station ] . An excellent break . Highly recommended.
This is the best hotel I have stayed in in London.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank bianca89
TW_General_Manager, General Manager at Thistle Euston, responded to this reviewResponded 10 April 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for your 5* review of the Thistle Euston Hotel.

I am pleased you enjoyed your stay and hope we get the opportunity to welcome you back very soon.

Reviewed 8 April 2014

My mother and I have just returned from a weekend break in London. We wanted a hotel by Euston so we could offload our luggage upon arrival and The Thistle was perfect. Only a five min walk from the station and we were in the door and being checked in early by a very friendly lady on the desk. The room was nicely furnished,the beds were comfortable and the bathroom had a bath and shower.
The breakfast choice was excellent with fruit,yoghurts,the usual Engish cooked items, breads,pastries etc. We went into breakfast on the Sunday at 9am which was a good time as 5 mins later a queue was forming though there are pastries and orange juice on a table in the corridor for those in the queue.

Although we checked out at 10.30am we left our bags at the hotel until 6pm for no charge.

When i come to London in future I will stay here,

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
TW_General_Manager, General Manager at Thistle Euston, responded to this reviewResponded 9 April 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing the Thistle Euston Hotel to spend your 'Perfect London Break'.

I was thrilled to read you and your Mother enjoyed your stay. I have passed your kind comments about our breakfast to our Chef to share with the whole food and beverage team.

We will be looking forward to welcoming you back to the Thistle Euston the next time you plan your 'Perfect London Break'.

Reviewed 8 April 2014

My husband and I have just spent a lovely weekend at the Thistle Hotel, Euston, we stayed for 2 nights with breakfast and evening meal. The staff at reception were very friendly and helpful. The staff at breakfast were extremely friendly and polite, the food was the usual, fruit, cererals, porridge,cooked breakfast but you could also order omelettes, smoked salmon etc it was very nicely cooked and had a huge choice for everyone. We had 2 evening meals and again it was cooked beautifully, the staff were very attentive, asking us if everything was alright. The room was lovely and clean with tea/coffee making facilities, hair dryer and iron/ironing board.I woukd highly recommend this hotel for a weekend break plus it was only 5 minutes from Euston Station.
Today I realized I had lost an earing, I rang the Hotel on the off change it had been found, the House Keeper rang me back about an hour later and said they had found it and would send it to me Recorded Delivery, this has impressed me even more about the hotel staff.

1  Thank lesleymckay

Dear Lesley,

Thank you very much for your glowing review of the Thistle Euston Hotel.

Virginia and Zivile from our housekeeping were overjoyed when they were able to find your earing. We will get this posted out to you today.

We look forward to welcoming you back very soon.

Many thanks

Thsitle Euston Hotel

Reviewed 8 April 2014

The hotel has obviously recently been refurbished. The décor both in the bedroom and the public rooms is excellent. The staff are friendly and efficient. Although there are many restaurants in the area, we were disappointed that the hotel restaurant was closed on Sunday evening. We were able to eat in the bar area. Not too relaxing as the Liverpool v West Ham game was blaring out.
The food was , well, pretty average although the bar staff were absolutely charming.
Our room was pretty small but once we had a one way traffic system established worked out well. Sparkly clean and free wi fi. Good shower plenty of hoy water and clean towels. Comfy bed. Good breakfast. Our room was noisy after 6am with delivery trolleys being rumbled into the hotel over uneven paving slabs. Great location for visiting the British Museum and very close to the 3 stations which serve the North of England. Enjoyed our stay.

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review of the Thistle Euston Hotel.

I was pleased to read you enjoyed your recent stay with us and found our team to be friendly and efficient.

I will be sharing your feedback with my management team this morning to see what improvements we can make to our service offering.

Again thank you for your valued feedback.