“Very good and will use again” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Thistle Euston

Thistle Euston
Ranked #248 of 1,089 Hotels in London
Leitrim
“Very good and will use again”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 May 2014

Stayed here with my son and an overnight trip to London.

Modern, clean, well-equipped, friendly staff, with an ample and well managed breakfast.

Comfortable beds, nice big TV and climate control in the bedroom.

Two minutes walk to Euston Underground. Faultless.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
TW_General_Manager, Guest Relations Manager at Thistle Euston, responded to this review, 6 May 2014
Dear Guest

Thank you for staying at The Thistle Euston Hotel on your recent trip to London.

I am delighted that you received excellent service from the very beginning of your stay and that you felt you could not fault the hotel. I have passed you kind words to all the team who greatly appreciate the positive feedback and we do hope that we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back on a future visit.

If you require any further assistance or future bookings please email our General Manager-

Kind Regards

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (669)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
Colchester, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 May 2014

This hotel was booked as a theater package for our annversary. lovely clean hotel. room was nice,clean and tidy. We had a lovely box of chocolates from the hotel for our annversary.The young go silvia on checkin was lovely. I didnt have much to do do with staff they were polite and always said hi. There were 2 girls in the bar that worked the Friday night and Saturday they were great. Very attentive, lovely assests to the company.
The above is why i rated you very good

We didnt like that the room was that it had an interconnecting door that was not accessable from our room i didnt feel safe and thats why we could here the room next to us so clearly. First night woken at 7 by the room next door second night different guest but equally as noisy,after walking 6 hours around london i just wanted to relax the room above sounded like people/children running up and down. It meant i didnt have much sleep and had work the next day. it was a shame because hotel was clean ran by great staff.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of Thistle Euston Hotel.

I was very happy to read you found your staffs to be great and that the was bedroom clean and tidy. Silvia was trilled that she was highlighted for her good service skills.

I was most disappointed to read your feedback related to the noise you encounter while staying with us, your valuable comments have been shared with the relevant team members and will help us get better.

I hope we will have the opportunity of welcoming to our hotel again in the future.

Bexley, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 May 2014

The room was very nice and the bed was extremely comfortable! Cannot fault the room at all, I would just say that it had more of a business feel to it rather than somewhere for me and my boyfriend to spend the night! The staff at reception and in the Brasserie in the morning were very welcoming and helpful. The location was also good, right next to Euston Station which was good to get dinner as plenty of restaurant!
The only thing I would complain about is that I was waiting for my boyfriend to arrive at the hotel when he had finished work and went to get in the shower and there was a knock at the door (at this point I hadn't told him the room number so I knew it wasn't him). I said "One Moment, Sorry"... to give me a chance to get dressed again and then the person at the door started to let themselves in, I pushed the door shut as I wasn't dressed still, It was a lady who I assumed to work at the hotel and asked if I would like any Room Service. I was quite shocked that someone could let themselves in when the room was occupied and worrying that if I wasn't in the room would they of still let themselves in? I just didn't understand why they would be there at 6 in the evening and not even as if it was to clean the room.

Room Tip: Hang do not disturb sign on door!!
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Lydia D

Than you for choosing to stay at Thistle Euston Hotel and sharing your stay with us.

I am glad to hear that you had a pleasant sense of arrival and enjoyed your stay in general, however I would like to apologise for any inconvenience caused during your stay with us and for the disappointment this may have caused.

Your comments have been shared with our teams. We endeavour to use all our guests’ feedback to constantly improve the level of service and standards that we are able to provide to our guests.

Thank you once again for the review; we hope to welcome you back in the future.

Chester
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 May 2014

Stayed here for one night recently as part of a coach trip to Kensington palace. The staff were friendly and helpful. The hotel is very close to Euston rail station but we did not experience any noise. Our room was very good, well appointed with comfortable and spotless twin beds. Bathroom quite small but very clean, with a bath and shower overhead. Plenty of towels and hot water. A pleasant surprise was the full size kettle, iron and ironing board, and digital safe in the wardrobe. Tea tray was well-stocked with plenty of variety.
We decided to eat in the hotel which was expensive, including a discretionary ? 12 and half % service charge. Beer cost £4:50 for 330ml bottle, so we found a nice local pub (Crown and Anchor) where beer costs £3:40 per pint !
Breakfast was very busy in a downstairs room, however staff were efficient and friendly. Good selection of hot and continental food, including cooked to order pancakes.
A pleasant stay in a nice hotel, shame it was only for one night.

Room Tip: Room 283 looks out onto an area of park.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Guest

Thank you for your brilliant review of you experience at the Thistle Euston Hotel.

I am delighted to read that your stay with us left a lasting impression. It gives me great pleasure to know that you found the staff friendly and helpful and rooms to be very good and spotless; we take great pride in our service here at Thistle Euston.

I would definitely agree the breakfast is immense with a wide variety of choice. I was sorry to learn that the prices in our restaurant and bar did not match your expectation, these are set to reflect several factors [i.e. the quality of products and services, our competitors pricing].

We very much look forward to welcoming you back at Thistle Euston Hotel.

Island of Anglesey, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 May 2014

Stayed here a few times, consistently great service. Always clean, the staff are polite and helpful.Really convenient location for visiting London, not too far away from anywhere. Just booked to go again with a Spring offer.

Room Tip: All rooms we've stayed in on different floors have been good.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Guest

Thank you for staying with us again at Thistle Euston Hotel and leaving your review in site.

I am delighted that you were not disappointed and that you and that you found our staff polite and helpful, and felt our hotel was in excellent location.

I have passed your kind words to all the team who greatly appreciate the positive feedback, we are all very much looking forward in welcoming back on your next visit.

England
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 May 2014 via mobile

I regularly stay at this London hotel. It's clean and comfortable. The reception staff and room service are excellent. Rooms are sometimes small but it is London! They're all well appointed and I've even had a turn down service recently. Just wish the bar prices we lower!,

Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Dear Guest

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your kind words in Trip advisor.

It is a great pleasure to learn that our hotel served well in all aspects for the purpose of your stay and we are able to meet your expectations.

We will look forward to your next visit.

Edinburgh, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 May 2014

This is a very convenient hotel for those staying near euston, however the rooms were small, and the reception staff were quite abrasive, and it took an awful long time to check in. The room lacked a working iron, and had 2 single beds, when a double was booked. Disappointing!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
TW_General_Manager, Guest Relations Manager at Thistle Euston, responded to this review, 2 May 2014
Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of your recent business stay at the Thistle Euston Hotel.

We usually take great pride in our service and attention to detail, I would like to offer my sincere apologies that we did not meet your expectations on this occasion. I would like to thank you for alerting me to the issue you had encountered and will ensure you this matter will be investigated and acted upon swiftly.

Thank you once again for the review; we hope to welcome you back in the future.

Please do not hesitate to contact us if you require any assistance email our
General Manager –Steve.cane@thistle.co.uk