“Amazing First Experience”

Ranked #291 of 1,067 Hotels in London
Keighley, United Kingdom
“Amazing First Experience”
Reviewed 2 June 2014

This was the first time me and my fiancée have got away in our relationship and found the Thistle on a comparison site. I booked the hotel and read some reviews on trip advisor with some mixed reviews, I then proceeded to look on their website to find some amazing photos and was instantly put at ease. My communication with the hotel leading up to the stay was brilliant I had asked for some rose petals and swans made up from towels and was not disappointed at all. Upon arriving in St Pancras a quick check found the hotel to be a small 10 minute walk which was even better. We arrived at the hotel and was very surprised as the pictures dont do the hotel any justice its reception was beautiful with wonderful smiling staff just ready to accommodate your every needs. The queue was long to check in but was done with in 5 minutes to which I was surprised. We got to our room (133) and the bed was huge and very comfy with the petals and swan sitting on the bed. The room was stocked up with tea and hot chocolate and a lovely welcome box of truffles which my fiancée scoffed pretty quickly. We stayed at the Thistle because of the links to the metropolitan line towards Wembley. Our room was amazing and the only thing I had a problem with was we didn't spend enough time in our room but we are planning to come back in August. Great staff and a wonderful hotel

Room Tip: Room over looking the park are amazing
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Dwaine S
TW_General_Manager, Guest Relations Manager at Thistle Euston, responded to this review, 3 June 2014
Dear Dwaine

Thank you for having the Thistle Euston as a hotel of your choice.

I would like to thank you for sharing this kind review of the Thistle Euston Hotel on Trip Advisor.

I am delighted to hear that you appreciated the effort the team made to make your room special for you and your fiancé.

We as a hotel strive to ensure that we offer the highest level of customer service to every one of our guest, I am therefore trilled to hear we had made your stay pleasurable and glad we left a lasting impression.

Your generous praise has been shared with the team and has served as a great motivation and encouragement tool.

We are all very much looking forward to welcome you back in the near future.

Kind Regards

If you require any further assistance or future bookings please email our General Manager-Steve.cane@thistle.co.uk

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (687)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
Reviewed 1 June 2014

We visited the hotel with my parents to spend the weekend celebrating their 30th anniversary.

From the exterior the hotel doesn't look massively appealing however it is fantastically located, just a 2 minute walk from the tube!

Inside the lobby is beautiful, the staff were very welcoming and the hotel is gorgeous. We upgraded both rooms and had a lovely view of the park, the rooms were large, modern and very functional.

The hotel kindly left a card for my parents and also provided complimentary robes and slippers.

Lovely hotel, great staff and location.

Room Tip: Pay the little extra to upgrade, its worth it
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank minioneyorkshire
TW_General_Manager, Guest Relations Manager at Thistle Euston, responded to this review, 2 June 2014
Dear Guest

Thank you for staying at The Thistle Euston Hotel on your recent trip to London.

I am delighted that you received excellent service, We are very lucky with our location here at Euston with many of the top sites that London has to offer within walking distance and travel links to the underground, mainline and underground stations just steps away.

I have passed you kind words to all the team who greatly appreciate the positive feedback and we do hope that we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back on a future visit.

Winsford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 1 June 2014 via mobile

This hotel was booked through a theatre and hotel deal so we didnt know what to expect. When arriving at the hotel from Euston it was very easy to find and the concierge were more than happy to help us with our bags and keep them in a locked room until check-in so we didnt have to carry them on our travels!
The room was so modern and perfectly clean!!
The beds were extremely comfortable and the shower room was brilliant!
Had a great nights sleep due to no noise.
The breakfast will suit every palette, something for everyone including cooked breakfast, cereals, yoghurts, juices, fresh fruit..etc.
As check out was earlier than our train home time, again the concierge kept our bags whilst we explored london.
Fantastic hotel, couldnt fault a single thing..100% recommended!!

1 Thank EmmaJayne11
Dear Guest,

Thank you for providing us your feedback of your recent stay at the Thistle Euston Hotel.

I am happy to hear you were able met your expectation. I will be sure to pass your kind compliments the team. We really appreciate your comments regarding our customer service; our staff members work hard every day to provide that quality customer service that our guests expect. Thank you for your recommendation.

Please visit us again; we will be looking forward to welcoming you back to Thistle Euston Hotel.

Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed 1 June 2014

This hotel is very handy for Euston Train Station - it is a two minute walk away. (It is also only around a 10 minute walk away from St. Pancreas).
The hotel itself is reasonably modern with helpful staff.
I stayed for three nights on a business trip. Breakfast was good - if pretty busy at 8am.
My room was clean, but very small - it was between two other rooms with connecting doors. I assume it is put to use occasionally as a family room. The soundproofing between the rooms was pretty non existent. I didn't hear very much from one of the rooms - but the other room had an occupant who spent the majority of the time talking very loudly on her mobile.
As I only spent minimal time in the room, I didn't complain.
My mistake - I should have complained and asked to be moved - I didn't. Lesson learned.
I would stay again - just make sure I had the right room this time.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to write your feedback on Trip Advisor.

I am sorry to hear that we did not meet your expectation on this occasion. I have shared your comments with the team and the matter will be investigated further.

Please feel free to contact our general manager direct as would be keen to oversee your stay.

I hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back at Thistle Euston.

Kind regards

Please do not hesitate to contact us if you require any assistance email our General Manager-Steve.cane@thistle.co.uk
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 1 June 2014 via mobile

Slow check in, lugged my bags up flight of stairs after exiting lift, to find that my room was a twin....went back down stairs and back to reception. I told the receptionist that I didn't book a twin room and it says so on my confirmation. Her reply - "Standard room means twin room" Oh really? There's me thinking twin room means twin room. Silly me. "Well can I have a room with a double bed please?" The standard rooms with double beds are all fully booked so the answer was no, but for £25 extra I can have a "deluxe room" with a double bed. I am not the type to cause a scene or demand to see a manager so I had no choice but to pay the extra.

The new room was spacious, well equipped and very clean but in all my years staying in hotels, I have never ever experienced such shoddy treatment. Will not be returning.

Stayed May 2014
4 Thank BrummyChick
Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stay at the Thistle Euston Hotel.

I was sorry to hear that we did not meet your expectation on this occasion. I have shared your comments with the team and the matter will be investigated further.

Please feel free to contact our general manager direct as he would be keen to oversee your stay, ensuring you receive the service you were expecting from the Hotel.

Kind Regards

If you require any further assistance please email our General Manager-
Steve.cane@thistle.co.uk
Burlington, Canada
Reviewed 29 May 2014

Only stayed one night as we wanted to be near Euston station, but the stay was very nice. Hotel is clean and bright and has had renovations since we were last there in 2007. They offer free wi-fi while other hotels in London charge daily fees from £5.00 per 24 hours and up. Staff are helpful if you have a concern. Overall, I would stay again.

Room Tip: Ask for a room overlooking the park.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Marion P
Dear Guest

Thank you for staying with us again at Thistle Euston Hotel and leaving your review in site.

I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay and that you found our staff helpful and the price to be great value for money .Our location which makes it the perfect place for getting around London. I am glad you were able to experience that.

We are all very much looking forward in welcoming back on your next visit.

London
Reviewed 28 May 2014 via mobile

We recently stayed at the Thistle Euston for 1 night on a weekend break. We were attending a gig at Finsbury park, so needed a convenient stop off for the night.
The hotel is a two minute walk from Euston main line station, which has some convenient shops and bars as well as great transport links.
The hotel is surprisingly stylish and has a spacious lobby and bar. Our room was on the first floor and street side with some some traffic noise and noise from the station (the big Diesel engines) during the afternoon. This wasn't an issue as it is quiet by the time you need to hit the sack. The standard double wasn't huge, but then it didn't need to be. It was clean and well presented.
Our room was located at the end of a corridor near an exit to the lifts and there was a fare amount of noise from guests leaving for an early start, which is to be expected for a central city hotel. Not a gripe really, but worth mentioning to those who love a lie in.
Friendly staff, a good location and well presented. Can't really go wrong with that.

Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank TeamDragon
TW_General_Manager, Guest Relations Manager at Thistle Euston, responded to this review, 29 May 2014
Dear Guest

Thank you for posting a review of your stay at Thistle Euston Hotel.

The location is ideal for the business or leisure traveller, with many of London’s iconic sights within walking distance, and there is an adjacent transport hub for quick and easy access to all areas of the city.

We are really pleased you enjoyed your stay with us, and we are keeping a warm welcome
for your next visit to London.

Kind regards

Please do not hesitate to contact us if you require any assistance or future bookings
email our General Manager-Steve.cane@thistle.co.uk