“Seminar held at Thistle Euston”
Review of Thistle Euston

Thistle Euston
Ranked #323 of 1,069 Hotels in London
“Seminar held at Thistle Euston”
Reviewed 6 June 2014

We recently ran a seminar at Thistle Euston. The venue is superb - clean, modern, free wi-fi, delicious food (small savoury tarts, mini-cottage pies, smoked salmon,etc -- the best food I've ever had for a seminar!) and an extremely helpful staff.

Erhan was our account manager on the day of the seminar - he was brilliant! We wanted some changes made to the seminar room and he made sure we got what we needed and the room was ready on time. The feedback from attendees on the venue was excellent.

I would highly recommend holding events at Thistle Euston.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Emily M
TW_General_Manager, Guest Relations Manager at Thistle Euston, responded to this review, 9 June 2014
Dear Emily

Thank you very much for using our hotel as your meeting venue and for posting your positive feedback on Trip Advisor.

It gives me great pleasure to read all your kind words of praises. I am delighted to read that we were well looked after by Erhan and the team, who were all happy to help.

I was also pleased that you your dining experience was an excellent one and we met your expectation.

We greatly anticipate your next visit to the Thistle Euston.

Steve.cane@thistle.co.uk

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (706)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
Notting Hill, Australia
Reviewed 5 June 2014

A very good hotel in a position close to euston and st pancras stations. It's also a great place to explore London being close to the tube and walking distance to bond st and many other attractions the room was comfortable and quiet,not much of a view overlooking euston station, but it was a very well run hotel

Room Tip: Our room was ok cannot speak for other rooms
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Leslie

First of all I would like to thank you for your review following your recent stay at the Thistle Euston Hotel.

I am glad you enjoyed your stay at the Thistle Euston. We are very proud of our excellent location, which is very convenient for getting to explore London. Also all of are team work extremely hard to try and make sure every one of our guests is treated to the highest level of service possible.

We hope that we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back on a future visit.

Steve.cane@thistle.co.uk
Pontefract, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 4 June 2014 via mobile

The hotel is right next to euston station however I could not hear any rail noise which was good. It was so close to everything, 15 mins walk to Camden town.

We stayed in a king deluxe room which was a spacious room, the bed could fit 4 people in, I can assure you it was just the two of us though :)

We had breakfast in bed both mornings because we were out til early hours and didn't want to see anyone so early. The breakfast was lovely, I recommend scrambled over fried eggs.

The staff were very good, not robotic like some hotels, I arrows back to hotel early hours on Saturday night to find the bar still open with a lovely barman who made me a cocktail that I explained how to make, I went to order the same and he knew exactly how to make it... Very good barman from Greece (forgot his name)

Definitely the hotel of choice for us when we are in London again

Thanks thistle :)

Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank StevePonte
TW_General_Manager, Guest Relations Manager at Thistle Euston, responded to this review, 5 June 2014
Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to write a wonderful review of Thistle Euston Hotel.

I am happy to hear you were able to meet your expectation; I am pleased to read you found your bedroom spacious and enjoyed breakfast. Nevins our barman was trilled that he was highlighted for his good service skills.

We really appreciate your comments regarding our customer service; our staff members work hard every day to provide that quality customer service that our guests expect.

Please visit us again; we will be looking forward to welcoming you back to Thistle Euston Hotel.

Kind Regards

If you require any further assistance or future bookings please email our General Manager-Steve.can@thistle.co.uk
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 4 June 2014

Fab visit to London. Hotel in a great location, right next to Euston train station. Staff were very friendly and helpful. Room was clean and a good size. Slept very well. Breakfast was very good. A very relaxing stay, I'll definitely stay there again

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank S H
Dear Guest

Thank you for staying at The Thistle Euston Hotel on your recent trip to London.

I am delighted that you received excellent service, glad that found the team very friendly and helpful.

I have passed you kind words to all the team who greatly appreciate the positive feedback and we do hope that we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back on a future visit.

Kind Regards

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 3 June 2014 via mobile

This hotel is in an ideal location by Euston station yet is tucked away enough (overlooking a small square) to be away from the noisy Euston road. Our room was comfy, had no particular view but was quiet and had all the basics. It was clean and the bed was comfy.

I had pre-paid but booked a double for single occupancy and was slightly miffed to have to pay an extra £25 when my wife was able to join me. Surely hotels normally charge for single occupancy? Does it go both ways? No breakfast was included so I felt the hotel was a little tight to charge extra. I subsequently noted that the Ibis on the same street was £40 less per night but have never stayed there so can't offer a comparison.

Having said that, the location is good, the room was fine and hence, considering London prices this did the job and I wouldn't discount using it again.

Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
TW_General_Manager, Guest Relations Manager at Thistle Euston, responded to this review, 4 June 2014
Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent experience at The Thistle Euston Hotel.

I would like to thank you for your feedback as it is the guests’ needs and opinions that are truly valuable to the hotel and the team. We are extremely proud of our location which makes it the perfect for place getting around London. I am glad you were able to experience that.

I hope we are able to welcome you back to the hotel in the near future .

Kind regards

If you require any further assistance or future bookings please email our General Manager-Steve.cane@thistle.co.uk
cheshire uk
Reviewed 3 June 2014

Very close to Euston station and the tube,making it very convenient.Stayed on a Sunday night and the cost was very reasonable.The basic twin room was small but adequate overlooking a park and very quiet.The breakfast was included in the price and was excellent.The staff were extremely polite and welcoming.we would definitely consider staying here again.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Jane

Thank you very much for staying with us for a weekend, I was so glad to read your extremely generous praise following your recent stay at the Thistle Euston Hotel.

Everyone in our excellent team works hard to ensure that our guests only receive the very best service and it is a pleasure to learn that your stay with us was great. I have passed on your kind words and compliments team. They were delighted to help you and they are looking forward to welcome you back at the Thistle Euston Hotel.

I hope we can meet your expectations once again on a future stay.

Kind regards

Please do not hesitate to contact us if you require any assistance or future bookings email General Manager-Steve.cane@thistle.co.uk
Bournemouth
Reviewed 2 June 2014

We have just returned from our trip to London and on the whole had a great time. The hotel is in a fantastic location being 3 mins walk from the station. The staff our very accommodating and friendly. The room we stayed in was clean and for the price paid very acceptable. Warning!!!! Do not stay in room 058 you will get no sleep. It is directly opposite the staff service entrance, so from 6.30 that's the end of your nights sleep. Stay at this hotel but best ignore the ground floor to be on the safe side. We will be returning here for sure.

Room Tip: Not the ground floor and def not room 058. If ground floor is essential then opt for the early room...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Guest

Thank you for your review of your recent stay here with us; it is great that you would stay with us again.

I am trilled to here you found our team here at the Thistle Euston to be accommodating and friendly, also that our location was a key advantage.

I would like to apologise for any inconvenience caused during your stay with us,
Feedback is truly important to us as the guests needs and opinions are truly valuable.

We very much look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit.