“Great hotel in central London.”
Review of Thistle Euston

Thistle Euston
Ranked #273 of 1,063 Hotels in London
Ranco (VA)
“Great hotel in central London.”
Reviewed 8 June 2014

Booked this with a last minute deal. A glass of champagne was offered as we checked in! Modern styling throughout the hotel, comfortable room, very friendly staff. Close to Euston station but no noise from the trains and very convenient for tube and bus connections.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the garden behind the hotel.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Timbo_Ranco
TW_General_Manager, Guest Relations Manager at Thistle Euston, responded to this review, 9 June 2014
Dear Guest

Thank you for your review of your recent stay at the Thistle Euston Hotel.

I am delighted to hear you had a nice stay in our hotel and that we were able to exceed your expectations. I am pleased that the location convenient for you, which I would agree is great for getting around London as the local transport links are just a short walk away. I will be sure to pass your kind compliments regarding the team.

We hope to welcome you back to our hotel in the near future.

Kind regards

If you require any further assistance or future bookings please email our General Manager-Steve.cane@thistle.co.uk

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (681)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
Rugby, United Kingdom
Reviewed 7 June 2014

The Thistle is just spot on. The staff are excellent as are the rooms and one of the best breakfasts I've had. Although right next to Euston Station and, my room overlooked the lines, I didn't hear the trains at all. Also, ideal for bus and tube, literally 3 minutes walk away. It's close to a street full of restaurants too, all different types so you doesn't have to venture far if you don't feel like it. Free, fast wi-fi int he rooms was an added bonus. A cracking stay and would fully recommend. Enjoy!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank thelizard1061
Dear Guest

Thank you for staying at The Thistle Euston Hotel on your recent trip to London.

I am delighted that you received excellent service from the team and you found the location convenient for you. Thank you for your recommendation.

I hope we will have the opportunity of welcoming to our hotel again in the future.

Reviewed 6 June 2014

We recently ran a seminar at Thistle Euston. The venue is superb - clean, modern, free wi-fi, delicious food (small savoury tarts, mini-cottage pies, smoked salmon,etc -- the best food I've ever had for a seminar!) and an extremely helpful staff.

Erhan was our account manager on the day of the seminar - he was brilliant! We wanted some changes made to the seminar room and he made sure we got what we needed and the room was ready on time. The feedback from attendees on the venue was excellent.

I would highly recommend holding events at Thistle Euston.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Emily M
Dear Emily

Thank you very much for using our hotel as your meeting venue and for posting your positive feedback on Trip Advisor.

It gives me great pleasure to read all your kind words of praises. I am delighted to read that we were well looked after by Erhan and the team, who were all happy to help.

I was also pleased that you your dining experience was an excellent one and we met your expectation.

We greatly anticipate your next visit to the Thistle Euston.

Steve.cane@thistle.co.uk
Notting Hill, Australia
Reviewed 5 June 2014

A very good hotel in a position close to euston and st pancras stations. It's also a great place to explore London being close to the tube and walking distance to bond st and many other attractions the room was comfortable and quiet,not much of a view overlooking euston station, but it was a very well run hotel

Room Tip: Our room was ok cannot speak for other rooms
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Leslie

First of all I would like to thank you for your review following your recent stay at the Thistle Euston Hotel.

I am glad you enjoyed your stay at the Thistle Euston. We are very proud of our excellent location, which is very convenient for getting to explore London. Also all of are team work extremely hard to try and make sure every one of our guests is treated to the highest level of service possible.

We hope that we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back on a future visit.

Steve.cane@thistle.co.uk
Pontefract, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 4 June 2014 via mobile

The hotel is right next to euston station however I could not hear any rail noise which was good. It was so close to everything, 15 mins walk to Camden town.

We stayed in a king deluxe room which was a spacious room, the bed could fit 4 people in, I can assure you it was just the two of us though :)

We had breakfast in bed both mornings because we were out til early hours and didn't want to see anyone so early. The breakfast was lovely, I recommend scrambled over fried eggs.

The staff were very good, not robotic like some hotels, I arrows back to hotel early hours on Saturday night to find the bar still open with a lovely barman who made me a cocktail that I explained how to make, I went to order the same and he knew exactly how to make it... Very good barman from Greece (forgot his name)

Definitely the hotel of choice for us when we are in London again

Thanks thistle :)

Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank StevePonte
TW_General_Manager, Guest Relations Manager at Thistle Euston, responded to this review, 5 June 2014
Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to write a wonderful review of Thistle Euston Hotel.

I am happy to hear you were able to meet your expectation; I am pleased to read you found your bedroom spacious and enjoyed breakfast. Nevins our barman was trilled that he was highlighted for his good service skills.

We really appreciate your comments regarding our customer service; our staff members work hard every day to provide that quality customer service that our guests expect.

Please visit us again; we will be looking forward to welcoming you back to Thistle Euston Hotel.

Kind Regards

If you require any further assistance or future bookings please email our General Manager-Steve.can@thistle.co.uk
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 4 June 2014

Fab visit to London. Hotel in a great location, right next to Euston train station. Staff were very friendly and helpful. Room was clean and a good size. Slept very well. Breakfast was very good. A very relaxing stay, I'll definitely stay there again

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank S H
Dear Guest

I am delighted that you received excellent service, glad that found the team very friendly and helpful.

I have passed you kind words to all the team who greatly appreciate the positive feedback and we do hope that we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back on a future visit.

Kind Regards

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 3 June 2014 via mobile

This hotel is in an ideal location by Euston station yet is tucked away enough (overlooking a small square) to be away from the noisy Euston road. Our room was comfy, had no particular view but was quiet and had all the basics. It was clean and the bed was comfy.

I had pre-paid but booked a double for single occupancy and was slightly miffed to have to pay an extra £25 when my wife was able to join me. Surely hotels normally charge for single occupancy? Does it go both ways? No breakfast was included so I felt the hotel was a little tight to charge extra. I subsequently noted that the Ibis on the same street was £40 less per night but have never stayed there so can't offer a comparison.

Having said that, the location is good, the room was fine and hence, considering London prices this did the job and I wouldn't discount using it again.

Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
TW_General_Manager, Guest Relations Manager at Thistle Euston, responded to this review, 4 June 2014
Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent experience at The Thistle Euston Hotel.

I would like to thank you for your feedback as it is the guests’ needs and opinions that are truly valuable to the hotel and the team. We are extremely proud of our location which makes it the perfect for place getting around London. I am glad you were able to experience that.

I hope we are able to welcome you back to the hotel in the near future .