“I'll be back!”

Ranked #283 of 1,063 Hotels in London
Manchester, United Kingdom
“I'll be back!”
Reviewed 22 June 2014

I booked on the basis of other reviews, price, and proximity to Euston. Was in the hotel within 5 minutes of leaving the station. It's up a quiet street considering how near it is to Euston Road (quite a bit of litter, but hardly surprising). It's just past the Ibis, which I have stayed in before and which was fine, if a little hot, as I recall. First impressions on entering were really good - a bright lobby with lots of seating, lots of separate areas and a nice relaxed feel. It was bright, modern, lovely and, on a very hot day, cool, and a bit of a haven. I arrived just before 11.30 am and went up to reception (I liked the quirky, staggered booking desks which offer a bit of privacy) in order to leave my luggage and head off for the day. Shauna was the person who dealt with me - she deserves a mention because she was really lovely, friendly, chatty and welcoming. Having taken my name, she told me there was no need to leave my luggage because there was a room ready - "You mean I can actually have the room now?". I couldn't quite believe this. Take note, Travelodge: this is what being a decent hotel is all about (I recently stayed in Travelodge, High Holborn: no left luggage and a £10 surcharge if you wanted to check in early). Having booked in, it was quite a trek to the room - I think this hotel is a bit of a tardis. Travelling alone, I had a single room: good size, bit of an Art Deco design vibe which gives it a less monotonous feel, bathroom with bath, toiletries, exceptionally clean, air conditioning works well, ironing board (that got you the extra star, Mr/Mrs Thistle), hair drier, comp bottled water, swanky swivel chair, comfy chair, funky lamp, no 'hotel smell', free, unlimited wi-fi (another learning point for Travelodge) and, as if a kettle was not enough, a 'Nespresso' coffee machine. I have died and gone to heaven. This hotel is blinkin' great. This is THE best fun hotel room. I didn't book breakfast, and didn't use the bar or restaurant, so I can't comment on them. But on the basis of the room alone, and the welcome, there are no complaints. It's about time someone got their act together in London and if this is typical of Thistle, then well done, because you've got it right. This is my fave hotel in London for a long time. I have no gripes and will definitely be back. Good on yer.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Polly B
TW_General_Manager, Guest Relations Manager at Thistle Euston, responded to this review, 23 June 2014
Dear Polly B

Thank you for taking the time to write a wonderful review of your recent stay at the Thistle Euston Hotel.

I am delighted to hear you had a great stay in our hotel and that we were able to exceed your expectations. We are extremely proud of our location which makes it the perfect place for getting around London, please be assured that I will pass your positive comments to the rest of the team.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future to the Thistle Euston Hotel.

Kind regards

If you require any further assistance or future bookings please email our General Manager-Steve.cane@thistle.co.uk

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (684)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
Leeds
Reviewed 20 June 2014 via mobile

I have stayed at this hotel multiple times for work purposes. Its a really good hotel and two minutes from Euston which in itself has the underground and many restaurants and bars. The rooms are clean spacious and have comfortable beds. The hotel itself is quite modern and well kept, it also helps that the reception staff are great and are always happy to help. Breakfast is nice with plenty of choice. A really good hotel for business or pleasure as you are bang in the middle of london so you can't go wrong.

Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank LeedsKizza
Dear Lucy

Thank you for taking the time to write a positive comment about your recent trip to the Thistle Euston Hotel.

It was our pleasure looking after you during your visit; I am pleased you found your room spacious/clean and comfortable bed. We have recently made improvement to our breakfast offering so this kind of feedback is very reassuring tool.

Once again thank you very much for a great feed back.

Kirby Bedon, United Kingdom
Reviewed 18 June 2014

Fantastic staff on reception and at bfast , in particular the staff at bfast really worked hard to cater to different language even when it was hard. Bfast was aimed at the business traveller , ok but not if I was paying the 200 pound plus room rate per night, pre cooked toast is not acceptable and eggs very undercooked even the scrabbled bacon over cooked but for a free stay as a traveller it was fine

Room was noisy all night and im 40 percent deaf but needed the room window open for some air-I think noise was coming from kitchens and service areas outside from around 3am , lots of clanking, I was in room 121.
lots of terrible internal noise with guests getting up early.

Nice décor but soulless , room good quality, no views of anything poss in most rooms but clean , good beds and nice linen.

good power shower

good location to London

would I come back yes . but London is so expensive we prob wouldn't and would go for a five star in Dubai , even if it costs more you get so much more this hotel is in the 70 pound uk league but London can command a rough price in rough area.

Room Tip: it can be noisy and its near a council estate and its park.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank lucywoozyw
Dear Lucy

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent visit to the Thistle Euston Hotel.

I am delighted you found are team to be fantastic, guest feedback is truly valuable to us and we take all comments in great consideration. I would like to apologise for the elements you faced whilst here at the hotel.

I hope this experience has not dampened any future decisions to visit the Thistle Euston hotel and that we will be able to show case our true potential to you in the near future.

Nottingham
Reviewed 18 June 2014 via mobile

Needed a last minute room after the Froch groves fight. Last minute.com sold us this unde the secret rooms for just £90, which is absolutely exceptional value.

Hotel was absolutely top draw! Very swish, pleasant staff with lovely rooms & ensuite. If we can get the same deal will definitely return

• Stayed May 2014
2 Thank WellTraveledchap
Dear Karen

Thank you for taking the time to post a review on site.

I am delighted to hear that we met your expectation, thank you for your comment regarding the team to be pleasant, I am pleased to hear you enjoyed the room and found the price to be great value for money.

We look forward to welcoming you back again.

Reviewed 18 June 2014

Have stayed here a couple if times...so convenient for Euston and tube stations... Don't let the location to the station put you.off. There are bars close by....the food was good (first time I've tried Singapore noodles...amazing (recommended by Weronika))... Staff are soooooo friendly and helpful...major plus after a naff day. Nevin and Weronika were absolutely fabulous....but not because they have to if you know what I mean. I truly believe they want to help and make you feel welcome. Enough said.

• Stayed June 2014
Dear Karen

First of all like to thank you for your review following your recent stay at the Thistle Euston Hotel.

I am glad you enjoyed your recent stay with us; we have an excellent location here which is very convenient for getting around London. We are extremely proud of the hotel and the team, Nevin and weronika are an asset to the team.

Please be assured I have passed on your feedback to the team, they would like to thank you for your kind words, we truly enjoyed welcoming back familiar faces and we hope we will be able to welcome you back to the hotel very soon.

Island of Anglesey, United Kingdom
Reviewed 18 June 2014

Stayed at the hotel for 4 nights June 2014. The hotel is right opposite Euston Station, at the end of the road.

Our room was overlooking the station. At certain times of the day even with the secondary glazing closed you could still hear the announcements from the station.

The room was clean and modern with tea and coffee facilities in the draw of the desk.
The room contained a bath and overhead shower a little compact but did the job.

We did not eat at the hotel but did have drinks in the bar, price wise not bad for London or a hotel bar.

The staff at reception were friendly and check in was speedy.

The hotel is near the Ibis hotel and if I was to stay in the area again I would probably stay there just because it was a little nearer the entrance to Euston

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Guest

Thank you for posting a review about your recent visit to the Thistle Euston Hotel.

I am trilled that you found our team at reception friendly and that checking in was efficient and also pleased you enjoyed your room.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel soon.

Reviewed 13 June 2014

We stayed here for 4 nights , when we saw the room we were a bit dissapointed it was so small , but we got over that . The room did have nice view of park . The friendliest staff I had came across the while trip in the UK. Carla was especially helpful with handy shopping tips and transport .

• Stayed May 2014
1 Thank Drinx1234
Dear Guest

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your kind words on Trip Advisor.

It is a great pleasure to learn that our hotel served well for the purpose of your stay, I am delighted that you found the team here to be the friendliest you had come across on your trip in the UK.

I have shared all your feedback with the team especially Carla and they were all trilled with your positive comments.

Thank you once again and we look forward to welcoming you back to the Thistle Euston Hotel in the near future.