“thistle euston”

Ranked #262 of 1,088 Hotels in London
Beverley, United Kingdom
“thistle euston”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 July 2014

The hotel was excellent only a five minute walk from euston station and 15 minutes walk from kings cross. The room was absolutely spotlessly clean and modern. I would deffinatly stay here again it was perfect.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
4 Thank 22hullfc
TW_General_Manager, Guest Relations Manager at Thistle Euston, responded to this review, 25 July 2014
Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to write a positive review of the Thistle Euston Hotel.

I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us, and found our hotel excellent in location. I am also pleased you liked the hotels modern décor and found the room to be spotless.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the near further.

Kind regards

If you require any assistance or future bookings please feel free to email our General Manager-Steve.cane@thistle.co.uk who would be more than happy to assist you.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (674)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
Derbyshire, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 July 2014 via mobile

I stayed here on a flying visit to London for a gig. The location isn't one that I had really used before but will again. Due to a tube strike we had to do a bit of walking and this place proved a brilliant base.

The hotel is very nice, modern and fresh with a friendly staff. If you fancy a decent drink whilst stopping there you may want to visit the Euston Tap or Bree Louise. Both are just round the corner and provide some great beers.

Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
2 Thank Matt B
Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of the Thistle Euston Hotel.

I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us, and glad you found our hotel location convenient for you. I am also pleased you liked the hotels modern décor and found the team to be friendly.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the near further.

Alloa, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 July 2014

Not stayed in the Euston area for over 30 years and I've never been a big fan of the Thistle brand so wasn't expecting a lot from my 4 night stay. The hotel looks a bit tired from the outside but, once you walk in, wow, it's bright, modern, airy and very tastefully decorated. The bedrooms are refurbed as well and are spacious and well appointed. Staff are friendly and attentive and the restaurant menu offers simple but superb quality and great value dining . The hotel is small enough to offer a relaxing stay away from the bustle yet only 200m from Euston station. If you want to dine out then you have a good choice of chain eateries at Euston Square in and around the station plus several pubs if you want pub grub but, trust me, and I don't often say this the quality and value if the hotel food beats anything nearby. I would happily stay here again, look forward to it, and thoroughly recommend as a mid-price hotel that exceeds expectation.

2 Thank gbellDX
TW_General_Manager, Guest Relations Manager at Thistle Euston, responded to this review, 2 July 2014
Dear Guest

Thank you very much for visiting our hotel and for posting your encouraging review on Trip Advisor.

It is delightful to learn that you found the team were friendly and attentive and hotel bright, modern, airy and very tastefully decorated. I am glad to see that our location served well for the purpose of your visit and also that we were able to provide suitable food recommendations.

I hope we have the pleasure of welcoming you back to the hotel soon.

Kind regards

If you require any further assistance or future bookings please email our General Manager-Steve.cane@thistle.co.uk
Chapel Hill, North Carolina, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 June 2014

I had a weekend in London between business trips, and friends were staying in King's Cross, so I looked for a place nearby. The Thistle has a great location--adjacent to Euston train station and Tube stop, a short walk from decent food, and a short run from Regents Park.

The room was clean and comfortable, with very good wifi (at no additional charge) and an in-room ironing board. I found the staff very friendly and helpful.

There was a bit of an up-sell at check-in (did i want to upgrade my room, did i really intend not to include breakfast when I booked?), but I would not hesitate to stay here again.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the park--it's quieter.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Bob S
Dear Bob S

Thank you for posting a review about your recent visit to the Thistle Euston hotel.

I am happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us, we like to ensure that all our guests have the most comfortable and memorable time and I am delighted that we have met your expectations.

I have passed you kind words to all the team who greatly appreciate the positive feedback and we do hope that we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back on a future visit.

Washington DC, District of Columbia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 June 2014

I spent three nights at the Euston Thistle in late June, 2014. While the hotel itself was fine, I was painfully disappointed by the staff. I will start with the good. Great location if you are traveling into/out of Euston Station. About a five minute walk to the train platforms. I also like the ease of login in for the free in-room wireless. No handwritten user id/password information. Quick and easy. The room on whole was nice. It was a single room, but had plenty of space for one person. It was very tidy as well.
But the bad far outweighed the good for me, particularly when it came to service. I am generally an “easy” guest. When traveling alone, I will only ask for housekeeping every two-three days. That being said, here were the issues I had (from least bothersome to most):
• Only one bar of soap for the room, which meant alternating it between sink and shower
• No bathroom fan, which meant the entire room got quite steamy after shower
• No fridge in the room
• I asked for a park-view room; when I got to the room, it overlooked the wall at Euston Station
• I ate/drank at the pub twice. I think if any of the staff would have smiled, it might have cracked their faces. On my second visit, I ordered a beer and a pizza (which was quite good!). As I was handed my beer, I was also handed the bill, which was I was clearly supposed to settle immediately, from the look of the bartender’s face
• The evening before checkout, I asked the concierge where I could print my boarding pass for my morning flight. He took me to a computer, but there was no printer. I asked how I was to print the boarding pass, and he said to e-mail it to him, and that he would print it for me. Although strange, I said “OK.” I asked him for his e-mail address, and he left, saying he would be right back. So I got my boarding pass up on the PC, only for him not to return. I couldn’t simply walk away with the boarding pass on screen to find him. After five minutes, and no sign of the concierge, I finally just sent the pass to my phone and printed it at the airport.
• At checkout, the woman at the desk told me I was “all set.” I asked for a copy of my receipt, and she refused to give it to me. This went on for the better part of two-three minutes; me asking for receipt, her saying no. She said that my company would get the receipt directly. So I was supposed to leave and just hope the billing was correct???? I finally pulled out my credit card to show her how I paid, and she admitted her mistake and gave me the receipt. Everybody makes mistakes, but all I wanted was a copy of my hotel bill. Jeez.
• And I saved the best for last. I checked out at 4:30AM to leave time for me to get to Heathrow airport for a 7:30AM flight. I asked the concierge if he would call a cab, and he asked if I had ordered one the night before. I said “no,” that I had figured getting a cab right next to Euston Station at 4:30AM on a Saturday morning would be quite simple. And most hotels I have stayed ask that you request the cab when you are leaving. Anyway, he begrudgingly called a cab for me. Then told me that it would be 15-20 minutes before arrival. I found it hard to believe that it would take that long, given the day of week, time, and proximity to the station. I asked if he would call another cab for me, and his answer was “no.” I told him that if I waited 20 minutes for a cab, it would make me miss the first train from Paddington to Heathrow. He went behind the desk, and gave me the piece of paper (a picture of which I have attached to this post). He said if I wanted a cab from another company, I could call the number on the paper.
To close, I just grabbed my bags, made the quick walk to the station, put my hand in the air, and had a cab. All in about 3-4 minutes. I am a frequent international business traveler, and have stayed at hotels of all levels throughout the world. I have never been made to feel like a second-class citizen as I was at the Thistle Euston. But the pizza was good.

5 Thank roverelf
Dear Guest

Thank you very much for your constructive comments.

I was sorry to read your feedback related to the issues you encountered while staying with us and apologize for any inconvenience we may have caused. I would like to offer my sincere apologies for the poor impression that has been created.

I can assure you that your comments have been shared with our hotel teams and provide motivation and valuable guidance for our further actions.

I hope we will have the opportunity of welcoming you to our hotel again in the not too distant future.

Rotherham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 June 2014

Over the last few months, I've spent a great deal of time in London for work and I usually am allocated the Thistle, Euston. A very pleasant hotel in a convenient location with good amenities.
What I really like is that, despite the hundreds of people they mustt see, some of the staff remember me and greet me like a long lost relative. In the bar area, Nevin and Weronika are a great example of this. Working away from home and staying in hotels sounds very glamorous but it's not - little touches like this are what make it much more pleasant.

Room Tip: If you have the choice, go for the park side rooms which have some view and no noise from Euston sta...
1 Thank VirgoLady19
Dear Guest

Thank you for very much for taking the time to write you’re on Trip advisor.

I am delighted to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and thank you for you positive feedback, it is wonderful to hear from our valued repeat customers and appreciate your continued patronage.

Nevin and Weronika are contently high lighted for their excellent customer service , I am therefore glad you were able to experience that, they will be delighted for these compliment.

We are truly appreciate your vey kind words and suggestion for other travellers, I hope to see you back soon at the Thistle Euston Hotel.

Steve.cane@thistle.co.uk
Macae, RJ
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 June 2014 via mobile

We enjoyed six days in London and Thistle Euston was a nice place to stay. The hotel is on the side of the Euston Station from where you can go anywhere in London by the underground. The people at front desk was always very gentle and helpful. The restaurant is nice: very good self service buffet for breakfast and a nice menu for meals. Again, people serving are very friendly.

Stayed June 2014
3 Thank Marcus A
TW_General_Manager, Guest Relations Manager at Thistle Euston, responded to this review, 27 June 2014
Dear Mvaraujo

Thank you for taking the time to write a 5* review on Trip Advisor following your recent stay at the Thistle Euston Hotel.

I am delighted that you we met your expectation and that you found our team friendly and helpful, and felt our hotel was in excellent location.

I have passed your kind words to all the team who greatly appreciate the positive feedback, we are all very much looking forward in welcoming back on your next visit.