“Could have been 5*”
Review of Thistle Euston

Thistle Euston
Ranked #343 of 1,077 Hotels in London
Reviewed 20 July 2014

I had an amazing stay at thistle Euston, greeted by one of the most friendliest receptionist I've ever come across, think her name is Christina, she deserves a special mention as well as Daniel in the restaurant he was brilliant, great food and service, room was average for London size, wifi free which is great, the only reason I didnt give it 5*, when checking out receptionist was slightly moody she did not really interact with us, I know it was 5am but the service just did not match the rest of the stay. Other than that, it was wonderful and I will be returning.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
TW_General_Manager, Guest Relations Manager at Thistle Euston, responded to this reviewResponded 21 July 2014

Dear Emma D

Thank you for providing us your feedback of your recent stay at the Thistle Euston Hotel.

I am happy to hear you were able met your expectation. We really appreciate your comments regarding our customer service; our staff members work hard every day to provide that quality customer service that our guests expect. I have passed your kind compliments to Christine and Daniel who was both delighted with the positive feedback.

We are all very much looking forward to your next visit.

Kind Regards

If you require any assistance or future bookings email General Manager-Steve.cane@thistle.co.uk

Write a ReviewReviews (3,194)

Reviewed 19 July 2014

My husband and I stayed one week at Thistle Euston. The receptionists and concierge were always welcoming and courteous. The hotel was clean, albeit small rooms but suited the purpose of our trip. The location is ideal due to the close proximity to above/under ground trains and buses. They are close enough to landmarks but far enough away to be away from the hustle and bustle of downtown London. Everything was suitable for someone on business or someone like ourselves who are visiting your beautiful country. We are from Quebec. I am writing because we couldn't say enough about the breakfast staff. Food was plenty, lots of choice and delicious. Shihab or Agnes ALWAYS made their guests feel like they were the most important people in the room. Always a handshake, smile, warm greeting and they made sure your table was right for you. Delightful conversation always ensued. They knew if you wanted to talk or if you wanted a quiet breakfast. Of course they knew that we were always ready for conversation! The waiting staff were also excellent. Coffee was served as soon as we sat down and dirty plates were quickly taken away. Zsofia was someone we fell in love with! She was so genuine! Very professional and always a sweet smile to make our day special. Shihab and Agnes are in the right profession and the Thistle Hotel should be proud to have these people on staff! We highly recommend this hotel to people visiting the area.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank BettinaGagne

Dear Bettina

Thank you for taking the time to write a great review of your recent stay at the Thistle Euston Hotel.

I am thrilled to hear you had a wonderful stay with us. I am glad the team and Shihab,Agnes and Zsofia ,were helpful and welcoming; they work hard every day to provide every single guest the best service needed and are a true asset to the hotel. I am therefore glad you were able to experience that and I will pass you compliments on.

We are all looking forward to welcome you back to the Thistle Euston hotel on your next visit to London.

Reviewed 19 July 2014 via mobile

Can't believe how close this was to Euston station. Excellent decor inside, nice room, all expected facilities. Great power shower and amenities. Check in & out was friendly and swift. I liked the security questions when my room key stopped working. Too often hotels just reset the card. Breakfast was a bit sparse, but staff were again friendly.

I didn't use the bar area so cannot comment but would have no hesitation in staying here on a personal trip. Will certainly price it.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Iain M

Dear Iain M

Thank you for staying with us at Thistle Euston Hotel and leaving your review in site.

I am delighted that we met your expectation and that you found our team friendly and swift at check-in, and liked the hotels décor. I have passed your kind words to all the team who greatly appreciate the positive feedback, we are all very much looking forward in welcoming back on your next visit.

Reviewed 18 July 2014 via mobile

Stayed here Thursday night - hottest night of the year
Air con in rooms. Hallelujah. Fantastically smart, tidy and clean hotel throughout.
Brekkie has now been split into two groups : exec class and cattle class. Even though I was in the cheap seats it felt nothing like it - nice, well presented food with attentive staff
Receptionists very efficient and welcoming too
Keep up this good work

Stayed: July 2014
3  Thank Gshaneg

Dear Guest

Thank you very much for staying with us, I was so glad to read your extremely generous praise following your recent stay at the Thistle Euston Hotel.

I am delighted that you found the team to be efficient and welcoming, everyone in our excellent team works hard to ensure that our guests only receive the very best service and it is a pleasure to learn that your stay with us was great. I have passed on your kind words to the team.

I hope we can meet your expectations once again on a future stay.

Reviewed 17 July 2014

Handy hotel and much nicer than a Travelodge or Premier Inn with high spec rooms and bed.

It's a useful hotel to stay in if flopping off a train from Scotland for business in London the following day.

Very helpful and welcoming staff too.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
TW_General_Manager, Guest Relations Manager at Thistle Euston, responded to this reviewResponded 18 July 2014

Dear Richie

Thank you for staying at The Thistle Euston Hotel on your recent trip to London and for leaving your review on the site.

I am delighted that you were not disappointed and that you felt our hotel was nice in excellent location and found our team very helpful and welcoming. I have passed you kind words to all the team who greatly appreciate the positive feedback and we do hope that we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back on a future visit.

Kind regards

If you require any further assistance or future bookings please email our General Manager-

Reviewed 16 July 2014

Stayed here for one night for my birthday. Could see the hotel as we pulled into Euston Station, only had a 2 minute walk around the corner. We arrived 10.30am and was not expecting to get into our room until 3.00 but our room was ready. The reception staff were very pleasant. When we arrived back in the late afternoon there was a birthday card and a box of chocolates which was a lovely touch.Room was clean and bed were comfy. Breakfast was buffet style with plenty of different things to choose from. The next day we were able to leave our bags in a luggage room without any problem. Easy to get around on the tubes from here as well.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Debbie O

Dear Debbio

Thank you for choosing to spend a special occasion with us at the Thistle Euston Hotel, your comments are very much valued.

I am delighted that you received excellent service from the very beginning and that you enjoyed your stay with us. I have passed you kind words to all the team who greatly appreciate the positive feedback and we do hope that we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back on a future visit.

Reviewed 14 July 2014

Excellent stay, friendly staff, beautiful hotel. Very clean rooms. Breakfast was lovely, lots of choices.
Very close to the station, where you can take the tube to the center of Londen.
I would recommend this hotel to friends.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank An F

Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to write a positive review of the Thistle Euston Hotel.

We always appreciate the positive comments left by the most important people in our world; our guests. I am glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and found our team friendly and room very clean. Thank you again, and we look forward to seeing you (and serving you) in the near future.