“great hotel”

Ranked #304 of 1,069 Hotels in London
Norwich, United Kingdom
“great hotel”
Reviewed 13 August 2014

stayed here last week for a couple of nights with my husband , very close to euston station so no need for a taxi . check in was quick and easy , very friendly member of staff who i had a lovely chat with . have stayed at a thistle hotel in london before so knew what service should be provided and am happy to say this hotel didnt disappoint . our room was on the fisrt floor round the corner so was very quite , it had tea / coffee , hair dryer and toiletries in the bathroom ( handy if the husband forgets the shower gel and shampoo ) . the bed was very comfortable with plenty of pillows , great air con that can be turned up or down to suit . breakfast was great each morning with a good variety of cooked and cold foods . on check out the hotel kept our suitcase and shopping bags until 6pm when we caught our train home . would use this hotel again . thanks

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
TW_General_Manager, Guest Relations Manager at Thistle Euston, responded to this review, 15 August 2014
Dear Julie T

Thank you for your recent review, and your kind words

I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay at the Thistle Euston Hotel. I am glad you found your bedroom comfortable and enjoyed the wide variety of choices at breakfast .We take the comments of our guests very seriously, as our goal is to always improve on meeting and exceeding expectations. Your positive comments are very much appreciated by our team, who work hard each day to make sure valued customers like yourself, are looked after.

We all look forward to welcoming you back at the Thistle Euston Hotel

Kind regards

If you require any assistance or future bookings please feel free to email our General Manager -Steve.cane@thistle.co.uk who would be more than happy to assist you

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (695)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
Botkins, Ohio
Reviewed 12 August 2014

My family and I stayed at the Thistle Euston in August of 2014 for 7 nights. The hotel is within a block of the tube station. I was just hoping for a room good enough to just sleep in after all day of touring London. I was pleasantly surprised at the room. The room was clean, spacious, quiet. The shower was wonderful. I slept good every night. The room had free WIFI. The breakfast was hot and delicious, the best meal of the day. I would recommend it to anyone travelling to London and would stay there again.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Richard S
TW_General_Manager, Guest Relations Manager at Thistle Euston, responded to this review, 14 August 2014
Dear Richard S

Thank you very much for taking the time to provide your review following your recent stay with us here at the Thistle Euston hotel.

It gives me a great pleasure to see that you were impressed by our room and that you enjoyed tasty fresh breakfast offering. We are also very proud of our complimentary Wi-Fi and I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed this benefit. Furthermore, I am happy that you experienced our high level of service. All of our staff members work extremely hard every day in order to deliver superb customer care in all areas and I am delighted that we have met your expectations.

I passed your compliments to rest of the team. They were pleased to help you and they will be looking forward to your next stay.

Please visit us again; we will be pleased to welcome you back to the Thistle Euston hotel.

Kendal, United Kingdom
Reviewed 12 August 2014 via mobile

We stayed for 2nights at the weekend!
We had amazing service from the minute we got there!
Lovely and very modern hotel!
My mum was very impressed that she was provided with gluten free toast each breakfast time'
We would highly recommend the hotel and will defo be staying here next time we visit London!!

Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Caza34
Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of the Thistle Euston Hotel.

I am glad to hear you had a wonderful 2nights stay at our hotel, and pleased that your mother was impressed with are gluten free breakfast. I have passed your kind compliments to the team, they were delighted to help you and they are looking forward to welcome you back at the Thistle Euston Hotel.

Leeds, United Kingdom
Reviewed 12 August 2014

Stayed here for 2 nights. Arrived early but room was ready. Next door to Euston tube and train station. Rooms just about right for a short stay. Lot's to choose from at breakfast only down side was it wasn't HOT enough. Everning meal 2 corses for £12.50. The staff were spot on with help and smiles all round. We left our bags there after check out (12 midday!) and collected them later.

Room Tip: We were happy with our room 160 quiet and out of the way.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
TW_General_Manager, Guest Relations Manager at Thistle Euston, responded to this review, 13 August 2014
Dear Lynne P

Thank you very much for staying with us at the Thistle Euston and posting a review of your stay.

It was our pleasure looking after you during your visit and I am so delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us. It is rewarding to read that you had a pleasant time and we are looking forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Lancaster, United Kingdom
Reviewed 10 August 2014

Just returned from a 2 day break to London and first time I have stayed at this Hotel. It is perfectly situated next door to London Euston and you can walk to it within 5 minutes so avoiding taxi costs and tube hassle. The staff were very friendly and welcoming, we were allowed to check in early, our room overlooked a nice park and was clean modern and had all the necessary facilities with a nice comfy bed and comfy pillows!! The breakfasts were a good choice with fresh tea brought to your table and a wide range of juices pastries cereals and hot buffet with nice warm plates to put your food on! All the staff were pleasant and accommodating, smart and eager to please. The cost was very reasonable for the location and I would highly recommend the Hotel.

Room Tip: ask for a room overlooking the park.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank wanderlust1961
TW_General_Manager, Guest Relations Manager at Thistle Euston, responded to this review, 11 August 2014
Dear Guest

Thank you for staying with us and posting your review on Trip Advisor.

I was so glad to read your extremely generous praise following your recent secret stay at the Thistle Euston Hotel. It was our pleasure to provide everything you expected from a four-star London hotel and I am glad that we created a lasting positive impression. Your generous praise has been shared with the hotel team and has served as a great motivation and encouragement tool. Thank you for recommending us.

It would be great to look after you on your next visit to London.

Birmingham
Reviewed 10 August 2014

Spent a nice couple of days here, location excellent although would be wary if I was staying here as a lone female traveller a little dark on approach. Excellent reception staff on arrival with a swift and informative check in. Room very narrow and you had to do a little side step shimmy to get around the bed but was a comfy room. Food.....we had breakfast on both mornings and had a traditional English breakfast it would have been nice had it have been hot. Cold on both mornings so not impressed. I always find its best to serve food hot after all you can let it go cold. Annoyingly on check out we weren't even asked if we'd had a pleasant stay so I do think customer service skills could be worked on just a little.

1 Thank Sandros17
Dear Guest

Thank you for staying at The Thistle Euston Hotel on your recent trip and for leaving your review on the site.

I am delighted that you were not disappointed and that you felt our team at check in were swift and informative. The location is ideal for the business or leisure traveller, with many of London’s iconic sights within walking distance, and there is an adjacent transport hub for quick and easy access to all areas of the city. I would like to apologise for breakfast, this is by no means a normal occurrence. I am pleased that your overall stay was enjoyable and I do hope that we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back to The Thistle Euston Hotel on a future visit to our Hotel.

Shrewsbury, United Kingdom
Reviewed 10 August 2014

We had this hotel as part of a theatre package with Omega Travel. We chose this hotel due to the proximity of Euston Station and the ease of getting into central London. The hotel was easy to find and the staff were warm and helpful on arrival - even informing us of the different tube lines we would need to take to reach our theatre venue just off Covent Garden.
We had a standard room which fitted the bill. A twin room, which my nine year old daughter and I shared. Adequate size, quiet, two good firm beds (a good nights sleep had by both of us- we stayed for two nights) air conditioning, tea and coffee (which wasn't filled for the second day - which was a pity, as I need a cuppa when I wake up!), iron and hair dryer, so all essentials catered for. View was of the air conditioning units (not the best) but someone has too and you don't spend much time in your room anyway. Just one point - your key card is also your power source (lights etc) so you need to feed that into the little slot on the wall by the door when you enter (we didn't know, so it was a case of using my skills as Scooby Doo to work out the mystery!!).
Only problem we had with the room was that in the bathroom, the toilet roll holder kept falling off, so you had to grab the loo roll as it rolled across the floor! and that housekeeping had omitted to clean between the shower screen and built in sink unit - it was a bit yucky. There was also thick dust in the roof grate of the air conditioning, which made me squirm!!
We had full English breakfast both mornings - excellent standard and staff were simply brilliant - they were there to help and were equally respectful to my daughter and made her feel welcome. We would definitely stay here again - just need to be a bit more on point with housekeeping - this was the only thing that made it miss out on an excellent rating.

Room Tip: You don't stay here for the views. There is a nice park on one side however, the other three si...
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Dear Gill L

Thank you for your kind review.

I am thrilled to hear you had a great stay in our hotel. I am glad that the team were helpful and welcoming; they work hard every day to provide every single guest the best service needed. We are very proud of our Euston location which is great for getting around London, I am therefore glad you were able to experience that and I will pass you compliments on.

We are all looking forward to welcoming you back in the near future