Tria
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation but we can search other options in London
See available hotels
  • Free Internet
  • Free Internet
Reem Hotel(London)
View Hotel
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 13 May 2007

I stayed here in mid-April for 7 nights. I picked the Hotel based on the cheap price and location. Its right across from a park in a cute neighborhood. The hotel was a little rough around the edges. The people behind the desk were all new and knew little about both London and the hotel, but for the most part were helpful. The room I had was very small, and never vacumed the entire week I was there, although sheets etc. were changed/cleaned. I would recommend the hotel if your on a budget and dont mind "roughing" it a little bit.

• Stayed: May 2007, travelled solo
1  Thank h17allen
Reviewed 13 March 2007

under no circumstances would i recommend this hotel to anyone, not even students on a shoestring budget. i've stayed in hostels that are cheaper, safer, better run, and *cleaner*!!

despite having booked several weeks prior, i arrived to discover that they didn't seem to have my reservation. but they did have one room left, which i was given. the room was dirty, dingy, rundown and located on the depressing ground floor. the mattress looked and felt to be about 10 years old. and the phone did *not* work!!!!!!!!!! when i asked the desk clerk when phone service would be restored, he said *maybe* monday, but he wasn't sure. i arrived on a saturday. when i asked if there was a public computer i could use to access the internet, i was informed that that didn't work either. when i asked if i could be moved to a nicer room (i.e., a clean room that wasn't tatty and didn't smell), i was told that there were no other rooms available.

i grabbed my bags and literally fled to another hotel in the neighborhood. as a resident of nyc, i'm used to properties that are a bit rundown, but if they are clean, safe, reasonably priced and have character, i'm ok with it. this place stunk of cigarette smoke, was seedy, depressing, unclean, in *no way* represented the services they advertise on various websites, and too expensive for such miserable (--). pardon my graphic language. but don't even consider staying here. it's disgusting.

• Stayed: March 2007, travelled as a couple
6  Thank backslash_nyc
Reviewed 7 January 2007

As part of an airline's travel package, I selected the Tria Hotel because of its cost and acceptable reviews. I was traveling to London and later Paris, alone, to celebrate my birthday.

What a mistake to choose the Tria!

My threadbare, single room was drafty because of a broken window in the bathroom, and, worse yet, stone-cold the three nights I was there. I eventually came to understand that the desk clerk(s) controlled the thermostat for the entire hotel. (Perhaps this is standard in budget European hotels?) When the lobby was warm, she or he would turn down the thermostat. It was cold and rainy in London that week, and I am fortunate I didn't catch pneumonia.

Since I had to block the cold coming in from the bathroom window with one of the two towels they provided me, I had to ask for a clean bath towel each day, which I was given reluctantly.

The breakfast was adequate, because having been to London before, I knew I was in store for cereal, toast, and coffee.

The desk clerks weren't rude, exactly, but they exuded a "I don't care" attitude. They also misled me about the use of the phone in my room -- although I had a calling card, I still had to pay connection fees and a non-refundable deposit.

None of the clerks I encountered were British.

Just as miserable as the hotel was the seedy neighborhood in which it is located. I don't know if it was because of construction, or because late November is the off-season for tourists, the well-recommended Indian restaurant and Italian bistro just a couple of streets over from the Tria were closed. And, the Tube station closest to the Tria, Westbourne Park, had no security guards (or even ticket-sellers that I could see). The walk to it was a little hairy, again because of the renovation of apartment buildings and empty storefronts.

There was nothing open in the Tria's neighborhood at night, unless you count the Pizza Hut, a package store, and one smoky pub.

Again, I understand this area is undergoing gentrification, which accounts for the construction and closed storefronts. But I will not stay at the Tria and DO NOT recommend it for any traveler -- single, couples, or groups.

• Stayed: November 2006, travelled solo
3  Thank redstarrigel
Reviewed 3 January 2007

The Tria hotel is beautifully located in the Kensington area of London. Upon arrival we were "greeted" by a dour slavic lady who was none too helpful in terms of providing directions or giving me any information on the neighbourhood. The room itself was tiny but clean. The bathroom was laughably small but my mom and I managed. It would have been helpful had we been given more than one towel each though -they refused to provide us with more even after we asked them. The television only had about 4 channels but it would seem this isn't uncommon in budget hotels in London. One good point was the internet access in the reception area was very cheap (equal to the rates charged in the cafes in the neighbourhood) so this was quite convenient. Also, my mother and I found the breakfast to be satisfactory however the "cafeteria" itself was rather cramped. Unfortunately, when it came time for us to leave and we asked the woman at the desk to call us a cab, we were met with a rather shady figure who arrived in an unmarked vehicle without a meter. He demanded 6 pounds (twice what it had cost us for the trip in a real cab) for any trip no matter how close. When I asked the staff to please call us a real cab she flatly refused much to my astonishment. There was some kind of agreement between the "chauffeur" and the hotel staff from what I could see. This was offputting to say the least. So in summary, not bad but for the cramped quarters and rude staff (incidentally, the male staff were much friendlier and more helpful.) If you are on a budget, I would recommend this hotel. And if you happen to speak Polish, perhaps the ladies will be more congenial to you.

• Stayed: December 2006
2  Thank raskolnikova
Reviewed 16 December 2006

Stayed at the Tria for 3 days late november.
A little hard to find, but that`s because it took me forever to admit defeat and get to an internet cafe and find a map online. After that it was easy.
Tria is a little hidden in a side street so there`s very little traffic noise.
The staff was very helpful and nice.
The rooms were clean and bigger than the price might suggest.
Bathroom was small, but nice, with a shower. Got fresh towels each morning.
Will recommend to all my friends.

• Stayed: November 2006, travelled with family