The Tower(London)(Great Value!)
  • Fitness centre
US$206
US$193
  • Restaurant
Strand Palace Hotel(London)(Great Value!)
US$202
US$185
US$266
US$232
CrownePlaza.com
US$373
US$200
Agoda.com
Holiday Inn London - Camden Lock(London)(Great Value!)
US$140
US$450
Langham Official
  • Pool
4,161 results
All reviewshammersmith tube stationcosmos tourhammersmith apolloexecutive roomlarge hotelbuffet breakfastnespresso machineheathrow airportfamily roomfull englishwest endconferencegigcomputerssofapubs
Reviewed 9 October 2013

Good hotel if youre happy to stay just out of the main city, using Londons underground is easy even my teenagers found it easy to use. Large hotel, nice and clean, one of the best buffet breakfasts if you include that option. Room was quiet. Hotel is within 5 mins walk to plenty of pubs, restaurants, shops etc. We found management

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled with family
NovotelLondonWest, Guest Relations Manager at Novotel London West, responded to this reviewResponded 11 October 2013

Dear Leanne,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write such positive review following your stay at Novotel London West.

The amazing 5* rating you have given us is much appreciated, and we are all thrilled to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. I am also glad to read you enjoyed our breakfast buffet and the location of the property.

Once again Leanne, thank you for posting a review. We very much look forward to welcoming you back at the Novotel London West on your next trip to London.

Reviewed 9 October 2013

Visited for one night/2 days with a large work conference. The parking charges are a reduced £1.50 per hour for residents (normally £3.50 per hour) which I thought was very expensive but maybe not for London? It would be better to have a 24 hour price for residents.
The hotel decor is very good, it is very clean, light an spacious. The staff were helpful and even though we were a in a very large conference group the service did not suffer; for example I was able to get a herbal tea after the main dinner - little things like this were not a problem even though they were serving a few hundred people.
After a 5am start & a busy day at the conference I finally made it to my bed around midnight, as you can imagine I was very tired, more than ready for sleep yet the mattress really hard and so my nights sleep was dreadful! Apart from that the room was fine with everything you expect from this standard of hotel. No complimentary water in the room, small bottles in the room mini fridge were priced at £2.75! Too expensive!
The hotel was full yet check in/out was quick and well organised. Breakfast restaurant was so busy but the staff managed to serve all efficiently. The food overall was good - I've had worse and I've had better at these large conference events. The conference facilities were all fine, lots of meeting rooms, all well appointed with natural light.
To summarise I would not stay here again out of choice purely because of the bed! The main point of a hotel room is to sleep in it and it was just too uncomfortable to do so, even though I was exhausted!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Rachel O

Dear Rachel,

Thank you very much for taking the time to review the Novotel London West following your stay and conference.

I was thrilled to hear you enjoyed our meetings facilities and the service that was provided by our Events Team. Your comment has been passed on to our Food and Beverage Director and I am sure he will be very happy to congratulate his employees for their numerous efforts.

I was however sorry that you found our beds not comfortable. I am sure you can appreciate that it is very hard to fulfil all clients’ requirements as each single person has different demands in regards to the bed they sleep in.

We hope that you will give us the opportunity to welcome you back to the Novotel London West in the future.

Reviewed 5 October 2013

I stay at this hotel for work at leave once every 2 months. The check in staff (mostly Russian) are mostly rude and incompetent. The drains in the bathrooms are all partially blocked and / or smell as if a dead animal is lodged in them. I have provided feedback to management on more than one occasion - but nothing ever seems to change. I will be changing hotels in the near future.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
4  Thank NickNakOZ
NovotelLondonWest, Guest Relations Manager at Novotel London West, responded to this reviewResponded 8 October 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review following your past stay at Novotel London West.

I was very disappointed to hear that you found our Front Desk staff to be rude and incompetent. May I offer my sincerest apologies for how the Team came across to you. We aim to provide a superior service at all times, and our employee’s dedication is usually something we pride ourselves on. We are lucky to have a multicultural Team; however we did not have any Russian employees for the past two years.

I was sorry to hear your bathroom’s sink appeared to be blocked during your stay. You can rest assured that we are taking the appropriate measures to avoid reoccurrence.

Your feedback is very important to us. Should you wish to discuss this further please do not hesitate to contact me directly as I would be delighted to address your concerns and to make sure you are well looked after: H0737-GR@ACCOR.COM

I truly hope that you will give us the opportunity to welcome you back, and that this matter will not be held as a reflection of the hotel.

Reviewed 4 October 2013

I stayed overnight on a business trip at this hotel which is very large. I had a quiet double room which was spacious and clean and very contemporary (in a kind of less is more design) but the bed was fairly hard and difficult (for me) to get comfortable on. I found the staff to be friendly and accomodating in spite the fact they were fully booked and their booking-in system crashed!

Very good value, breakfast was nice also, almost adjacent to Hammersmith tube (<5min walk) so fairly central.

Room Tip: For rooms facing the Talgarth road, make sure windows are closed a lot of road noise otherwise.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank GTX4500

Dear Guest,

Thank you for providing feedback on your experience at Novotel London West.

I am glad to hear you enjoyed your stay and that you found our staff friendly and accommodating despite having a few technical issues on that night indeed.

We very much look forward to welcoming you back for another "nice experience" in the future.

Reviewed 3 October 2013

I booked my parents in for 3 nights in October. I had chosen this hotel mainly for the location and the 24hr check-in, as my parents were arriving extremely late. The hotel is very clean and the breakfast was worth the extra money on top of the room charge, although the coffee could have been warmer. Generally everything was okay, if you discount the bed which was like sleeping on a plank of wood.
However, I would advise against staying here for two reasons : the lack of customer service skills of the staff and their casual approach to ensuring guests were provided with a room that was not occupied. When my parents walked in to their room they were greeted by a poor, inspecting totally nude man. Needless to say my Mother was more than shocked ! Luckily for them, the young couple had a sense of humour about the situation. I hate to think what would have happened if they hadn’t ! The hotel quickly corrected their mistake and allocated my parents another room, although there was no apology at all.
Later in the evening I was still not satisfied with the lack of apology and outstanding offer of compensation, so I requested to talk to the Manager at the front desk. I was informed in no uncertain terms that as I had booked through a third party agency there was nothing that they could do in forms of compensation. When I stated that for nearly £300 a night (which was the price listed directly behind his head), I expected better customer service, he seem surprised at that figure, and decided to look up on his system how much I had paid for the room. As though I shouldn't have expected a 4* level of service as I have booked a special rate through a third party, which is quite frankly insulting !!!!
After 10 minutes of discussing the finer points of how unacceptable it was that this has happened in the first place, and how angry I was, he finally offered me some free drinks in the bar. It took another 5 minutes of arguing before they agreed to a room upgrade for the remaining two nights.
I do understand that accidents do happen occasional. However, after chatting with some other guests at the hotel that evening, it became apparent that this was not an isolated incident. Another guest had been given the key to a room that was already occupied when they had checked in that very afternoon. It would appear that there are some fundamental flaws in the why this hotel conducts its room allocation.
If you are choosing to stay at this hotel, may I recommend barricading yourself in each night, unless you enjoy a midnight cuddle from a complete stranger.
I am still waiting on an apology from a single member of the Novotel London West Staff……..

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
4  Thank aholt2013
NovotelLondonWest, Guest Relations Manager at Novotel London West, responded to this reviewResponded 4 October 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for providing feedback on your experience at Novotel London West.

Please accept my sincere apology for the error that occurred during the check-in. We have a new operating system in place and are working through any issues with have with it.

This by no way compensates for you feeling like you received a low standard of service from the Front Office team. We aim to provide an excellent standard of customer service to all our guests at all times.

I am pleased to hear you enjoyed the breakfast and found the hotel to be a clean environment.

I hope that this will not deter you from staying with us in the future; I would like the opportunity to welcome you back and for the team to show their service skills.

Kind Regards,