“Pleasant stay in London”

Ranked #411 of 1,067 Hotels in London

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (329)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Felpham
Reviewed 2 December 2013

I stayed at the Novotel, Hammersmith for two nights on business whilst at Olympia.

The hotel is clean, spacious and well appointed. A huge advantage for such a central location is the underground parking (available for non residents too).

Check in had a few IT issues which were soon professionally overcome and the service here was very good. All staff that I (and my colleagues) met were very polite and well presented although some of the bar staff had an annoying habit of hovering over you whilst drinking waiting to either clear glasses or get the next order in which did make private business conversations a little awkward at times.

The rooms were clean and suitably appointed and the beds perfectly comfortable.

Breakfast is a well appointed buffet although at £27 per head is very expensive for what it is.

The A La Carte restaurant is again pleasant however the food is not that special for the price. With starters at around £10 per plate and entrees from £20 to £70 it is very expensive. My colleague ordered a rare to medium rare steak at £68 and whilst it was very pleasant it was delivered medium in anyone's books. To be honest we were all too tired to send it back but at that price you expect it to be right.

On the second night we had a Buffet meal which was again expensive but pleasant. Must say the selection of starters was superb though.

Over all, a pleasant stay in a clean, comfortable hotel in a good location.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
NovotelLondonWest, Restaurant Manager at Novotel London West, responded to this review, 5 December 2013
Dear Malcolm,

Thank you for choosing the Novotel London West for your stay in London. I am truly sorry that the experience you had in our restaurant did not live up to the standards that both you and myself would expect.

At the Novotel London West, we pride ourselves on having a high calibre Food and Beverage team, who ensure that we deliver a consistently high standard of both food and service. I was sorry to read the cooking of the Chateaubriand steak your colleague had ordered was not to your satisfaction, I have passed your comments onto our Executive Chef who will address this accordingly.

It is true that the Chateaubriand is priced at £60, however as I am sure you will appreciate and as stated on our menu, this is a 545g prime cut of beef which is recommended for 2 persons to share. I can assure you all of our pricing is very much in line with the London market and very competitively priced.

I would like to thank you for your positive feedback regarding the pleasant taste of the food and the superb selections of starters on the buffet. I was also delighted to hear you enjoyed the location of our hotel as well as our bedrooms.

Mr Sommer, we appreciate your feedback, and I hope that you will give us the opportunity to welcome you back to the Novotel London West in the near future.

Matthieu Girodet
Restaurant Manager
Melksham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 30 November 2013

The hotel is large with 9 floors for rooms as well as a garage area. The hotel has three entrances and depending on which one you enter you need 1st floor for reception.

THe hotel has two restaurants, a bar, small shop and a gym. The rooms are well equipped especially if you upgrade to executive.

We only ate breakfast at the hotel which was plentiful and had something for everyone.

The drinks are really expensive - £16 for two large glasses of wine but the staff are really friendly and will bring your drinks and complimentary crisps to you.

The only down side for me was that the mattress was so hard it hurt my hips - something I suffer from on hard beds.

Would recommend this hotel for a base in london - only 5 minutes walk from Hammersmith tube station which gives you access to Piccadilly, District, Metropolitan and City lines.

Villagio Italian Restaurant is also only 5 minutes away (see seperate review).

Room Tip: Ask for a room overlooking the court yard - very quiet.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
NovotelLondonWest, Guest Relations Manager at Novotel London West, responded to this review, 5 December 2013
Dear Jeffrey,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on our hotel and for your kind recommendation to other TripAdvisor users.

I am pleased you found the place perfect for your purposes especially the location, breakfast choice and bedroom facilities. Thank you for noting the convenient points in favour of our hotel.

It is our goal to consistently ensure our services and facilities are superior, and I am grateful to read these exceeded your expectations.

It will be our pleasure to be of service again in the future.

Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 27 November 2013

Was here for the rugby, needed a well connected location at a reasonable cost for a 3 nights stay.
The Novotel at Hammersmith ticked all the boxes.

On the tube line from Heathrow, to Richmond (for Twickenham) and into the centre of London to see family and friends. Tube was a 10 min easy walk. Lots of little pubs and high street shopping within the same walking distance.

Arrived 2 hrs early before official check in time and the hotel rang around the floors and we were in our rooms within 30 minutes - thank you.
This is a very busy hotel at all hours - groups, tourists and individual travellers from around the world.
The rooms were adequate, perhaps a little too warm as I had my window open during the day to let in a cool November breeze to even out the temperature. Surprise there was no mini-bar.
Beds were fine, I slept well - which was all I needed.
Bathroom water did have a strange smell though - probably the pipes - not overpowering, but every now and then it would waft in.
Breakfast was great - exactly what was needed. Proper bacon, proper pork sausages and pulpy fresh OJ

Overall - pleasant stay - ticked all the boxes and we left happy.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
NovotelLondonWest, Guest Relations Manager at Novotel London West, responded to this review, 2 December 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review following your stay at Novotel London West.

I am glad to hear our hotel “ticked all the boxes” and extremely happy you appreciated being given a room early in the morning upon check-in.

Thank you for reporting the issue you have had with the pipes and the air cooling. I have passed your comments on to our Maintenance team and we have now rectified these two minor inadvertences.

We very much look forward to welcoming you back to the Novotel London West on your next trip to London.

Il Gzira, Malta
Reviewed 27 November 2013

"The room was great, very confortable and very clean. The service was excellent, everybody was very polite and helpful. The buffet for breakfast and lunch was amazing, the food was delicious and varied. I have no complaints. In summary, my experience has been unforgettable."

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

1 Thank Monica0988
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for providing us with such positive review following your stay at the Novotel London West.

I am glad to hear you enjoyed the hotel facilities and the bedroom you stayed in, but also the service provided by our teams.

We are extremely pleased we left you with a memorable experience and look forward to welcoming you back in the nearest future.